Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

Here's some stuff I took from my phone the other night
photo13uz.jpg

video room

photo15r.jpg

sound booth

photo14v.jpg

laugh.gif

So In reality the Maloofs made 30 mil last year but aren't happy because it's not the 50+ mil from years past. Hmm...

Question for my kings brethren, if a new arena is built what are the chances the NCAA tourney returns? And if it's state of the art with a large capacity would it be able to host the final four?

So In reality the Maloofs made 30 mil last year but aren't happy because it's not the 50+ mil from years past. Hmm...

Question for my kings brethren, if a new arena is built what are the chances the NCAA tourney returns? And if it's state of the art with a large capacity would it be able to host the final four?

^I dunno about the Final Four..... seems like they are going for the football stadium look for that... but for hosting the regionals and what not, I could definitely see if coming back
smile.gif
smile.gif

^I dunno about the Final Four..... seems like they are going for the football stadium look for that... but for hosting the regionals and what not, I could definitely see if coming back
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well damn, if/when the kings leave mayor Johnson and co. should shoot for a dome football stadium. Attract an NFL team possibly (longshot) ::cough:: chargers ::cough:: ::cough:: bills ::cough::

Well damn, if/when the kings leave mayor Johnson and co. should shoot for a dome football stadium. Attract an NFL team possibly (longshot) ::cough:: chargers ::cough:: ::cough:: bills ::cough::

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Good stuff... How did u get all that access???
It's not exactly the Pentagon, but it does help to have some cool friends that work for the team.  Over the years, I've pretty much seen the entire inside of Arco, and if you didn't think so already, I can assure you that it is the most previous level arena in professional sports.  With no Arco sign, it might as well be a UPS sorting facility. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Good stuff... How did u get all that access???
It's not exactly the Pentagon, but it does help to have some cool friends that work for the team.  Over the years, I've pretty much seen the entire inside of Arco, and if you didn't think so already, I can assure you that it is the most previous level arena in professional sports.  With no Arco sign, it might as well be a UPS sorting facility. 

uhh good game tonite fellas the Kings will always be one of my fav teams Tyreke back healthy
Cousins with a year under his belt, a high draft pick and yall gonna be straight
Marcus Thornton is thriving in sac-town kids got some game if he stays focused
i could see yall being in a OKC kind of situation in 2-3 years

uhh good game tonite fellas the Kings will always be one of my fav teams Tyreke back healthy
Cousins with a year under his belt, a high draft pick and yall gonna be straight

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

The road we're going down is all too eerily similar to that of the Thunder. It just is
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

The road we're going down is all too eerily similar to that of the Thunder. It just is
tired.gif

http://www.ocregister.com...93235-kings-anaheim.html

i dont get it. anaheim completes (i know not 100% completed) a decision in about 2 months that sacramento has been working on for about 5 years.

ANAHEIM – In the first public comments from a city official on the Sacramento Kings' potential move to Anaheim, Mayor Tom Tait confirmed Tuesday night that negotiations are ongoing and Anaheim is "closer" to having a professional basketball team.

"The good news is that we are continuing to move closer to bringing a professional basketball team to Anaheim," Tait said. "Because there are ongoing discussions and negotiations, I have just a few details to share tonight. More information will be forthcoming in the next week or so."

lihkr2-b78771625z.120110322181201000g8lu5akg.2.jpg

The Honda Center is already home to the Ducks hockey team. It could soon be home to the NBA Kings.

JOSHUA SUDOCK, FILE PHOTO: THE REGISTER

MORE PHOTOS »

ADVERTISEMENT

[h3]More from Anaheim[/h3]
Tait's comments came during general council comments at the end of Tuesday's council meeting.

Earlier in the meeting, the council postponed discussion of bond funding for improvements at Honda Center, which many believe indicates the arena is being prepared for the Kings to move there next season.

The council will take up that issue March 29.

"This is something this city has been waiting 18 years for," Tait said in an interview after the meeting. "I am very excited."

Owners of the Kings have been in talks with Anaheim Arena Management, which operates Honda Center, about the possibility of moving to Anaheim for the 2011-12 season. The city owns Honda Center but until now, Anaheim officials have kept silent on the talks.

City leaders have made it clear over the years that the Honda Center, home to the Anaheim Ducks hockey team, was built for two professional sports teams. They have also said that the arena would need improvements, such as new locker rooms and a sports-training facility to make it NBA-ready.

Tait said that no taxpayer money would be used to lure the Kings.

"First, I can tell you that a financing structure is being proposed that would allow for private investment to fund improvements at Honda Center," Tait said.

"We have all seen the speculation in the media, but I want to assure everyone that should a deal go forward, the city taxpayers and the city's general fund will not be put at risk in any way," he added. "All of my colleagues on the City Council and city staff share my concern that the taxpayers cannot be exposed to any risk with this potential new deal.

"Our city is a first-class destination. Adding a second professional sports team at Honda Center is very exciting, as long as the city and the taxpayers are protected," Tait said. "And they will be."

The bonds will be discussed at 5 p.m. March 29 at City Hall.
Kings owners, who have filed trademarks for names including the Anaheim Royals, have until April 18 to file for relocation.

http://www.ocregister.com...93235-kings-anaheim.html

i dont get it. anaheim completes (i know not 100% completed) a decision in about 2 months that sacramento has been working on for about 5 years.

ANAHEIM – In the first public comments from a city official on the Sacramento Kings' potential move to Anaheim, Mayor Tom Tait confirmed Tuesday night that negotiations are ongoing and Anaheim is "closer" to having a professional basketball team.

"The good news is that we are continuing to move closer to bringing a professional basketball team to Anaheim," Tait said. "Because there are ongoing discussions and negotiations, I have just a few details to share tonight. More information will be forthcoming in the next week or so."

lihkr2-b78771625z.120110322181201000g8lu5akg.2.jpg

The Honda Center is already home to the Ducks hockey team. It could soon be home to the NBA Kings.

JOSHUA SUDOCK, FILE PHOTO: THE REGISTER

MORE PHOTOS »

ADVERTISEMENT

[h3]More from Anaheim[/h3]
Tait's comments came during general council comments at the end of Tuesday's council meeting.

Earlier in the meeting, the council postponed discussion of bond funding for improvements at Honda Center, which many believe indicates the arena is being prepared for the Kings to move there next season.

The council will take up that issue March 29.

"This is something this city has been waiting 18 years for," Tait said in an interview after the meeting. "I am very excited."

Owners of the Kings have been in talks with Anaheim Arena Management, which operates Honda Center, about the possibility of moving to Anaheim for the 2011-12 season. The city owns Honda Center but until now, Anaheim officials have kept silent on the talks.

City leaders have made it clear over the years that the Honda Center, home to the Anaheim Ducks hockey team, was built for two professional sports teams. They have also said that the arena would need improvements, such as new locker rooms and a sports-training facility to make it NBA-ready.

Tait said that no taxpayer money would be used to lure the Kings.

"First, I can tell you that a financing structure is being proposed that would allow for private investment to fund improvements at Honda Center," Tait said.

"We have all seen the speculation in the media, but I want to assure everyone that should a deal go forward, the city taxpayers and the city's general fund will not be put at risk in any way," he added. "All of my colleagues on the City Council and city staff share my concern that the taxpayers cannot be exposed to any risk with this potential new deal.

"Our city is a first-class destination. Adding a second professional sports team at Honda Center is very exciting, as long as the city and the taxpayers are protected," Tait said. "And they will be."

The bonds will be discussed at 5 p.m. March 29 at City Hall.
Kings owners, who have filed trademarks for names including the Anaheim Royals, have until April 18 to file for relocation.

Back
Top Bottom