Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

But he'd only be on the books for another 2 years, making him trade bait again after this upcoming season.

I was gonna suggest Brandon Roy despite his injuries 'cuz Portland seems to have given up on him. Then I saw his contract, way too ugly to take on. Batum on the other hand...

But he'd only be on the books for another 2 years, making him trade bait again after this upcoming season.

I was gonna suggest Brandon Roy despite his injuries 'cuz Portland seems to have given up on him. Then I saw his contract, way too ugly to take on. Batum on the other hand...

There would be no point in filling our cap, just so we have cap space again in 2 years... especially in a player like Diddy.

If would could some how get Batum and Roy, and hope that his knees finally crumble and he retires.... then I would be interested
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

There would be no point in filling our cap, just so we have cap space again in 2 years... especially in a player like Diddy.

If would could some how get Batum and Roy, and hope that his knees finally crumble and he retires.... then I would be interested
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm glad the Mavs won. Can't stand Wade at all.

I would love it we draft Bummer, I love his shooting ability and he has some potential.

I'm glad the Mavs won. Can't stand Wade at all.

I would love it we draft Bummer, I love his shooting ability and he has some potential.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The move for me would be more about having veteran leadership and being able to compete now. All the while developing our young talent then being able to extend them once Baron's contract is up.

Roy's contract? Yuck. But I do think he and Batum will be available with Portland having Wallace and Mathews.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The move for me would be more about having veteran leadership and being able to compete now. All the while developing our young talent then being able to extend them once Baron's contract is up.

Roy's contract? Yuck. But I do think he and Batum will be available with Portland having Wallace and Mathews.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I think I just don't like Baron Davis
laugh.gif
I don't really see him as a leader though.
Roy's contract is straight lulz no way I would want him, unless I get a guarantee that his knees have less than a year left in em and that he will retire then. Otherwise, I am staying far away from him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I think I just don't like Baron Davis
laugh.gif
I don't really see him as a leader though.
Roy's contract is straight lulz no way I would want him, unless I get a guarantee that his knees have less than a year left in em and that he will retire then. Otherwise, I am staying far away from him
laugh.gif

The Kings need a more non-traditional point guard to fit in the system. In my opinion, Tyreke functions as a point guard regardless of what position they put him at. The ideal point guard wouldn't need to handle the ball to be effective - i.e. Cavs' Mo Williams, young Derek Fisher, Kirk Hinrich, maybe Aaron Brooks. Just spot up to hit shots, be able to defend other PGs, and keep the ball moving smoothly when the ball isn't in Tyreke's hands.

Free-agent-wise, there are a lot of good players out there that the Kings might attract. Swingmen like Aaron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler, and Aaron Brooks would be great fits, and the Kings' current roster (and promise of playing time) might be enough to bring them here despite the outside turmoil. Brooks is playing limited minutes behind Nash, and the Nuggets have too much going on at a lot of positions.

Marc Gasol would be the best fit, but also the most unrealistic. I think the Grizzlies make a huge push to keep him.

If the Kings strike some luck in free agency, a realistic and decent lineup would be: Brooks / Tyreke / Chandler / Thompson / Cousins

The Kings need a more non-traditional point guard to fit in the system. In my opinion, Tyreke functions as a point guard regardless of what position they put him at. The ideal point guard wouldn't need to handle the ball to be effective - i.e. Cavs' Mo Williams, young Derek Fisher, Kirk Hinrich, maybe Aaron Brooks. Just spot up to hit shots, be able to defend other PGs, and keep the ball moving smoothly when the ball isn't in Tyreke's hands.

Free-agent-wise, there are a lot of good players out there that the Kings might attract. Swingmen like Aaron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler, and Aaron Brooks would be great fits, and the Kings' current roster (and promise of playing time) might be enough to bring them here despite the outside turmoil. Brooks is playing limited minutes behind Nash, and the Nuggets have too much going on at a lot of positions.

Marc Gasol would be the best fit, but also the most unrealistic. I think the Grizzlies make a huge push to keep him.

If the Kings strike some luck in free agency, a realistic and decent lineup would be: Brooks / Tyreke / Chandler / Thompson / Cousins

Kevin Martin. He still better than all these guards we want paired with Tyreke. 
laugh.gif

Gotta pass on the Davis and Roy trades. Maybe if Davis was a lot younger and Roy a lot healthier. Batum on the other hand would solve the SF situation.

I already stated before that Raymond Felton is my ideal PG to trade for besides Chris Paul of course. Hinrich and Sessions too now that they are no longer part of the long term plans of ATL and Cleveland.

laugh.gif

Gotta pass on the Davis and Roy trades. Maybe if Davis was a lot younger and Roy a lot healthier. Batum on the other hand would solve the SF situation.

I already stated before that Raymond Felton is my ideal PG to trade for besides Chris Paul of course. Hinrich and Sessions too now that they are no longer part of the long term plans of ATL and Cleveland.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

ray_yes.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

ray_yes.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

This lineup would be amazing!  We'd have to get REAL lucky to sign Brooks and Chandler though.

This lineup would be amazing!  We'd have to get REAL lucky to sign Brooks and Chandler though.

"I had an issue with one of the coaches and my mother," said Wright, who was with the then-Mavericks assistant Elie and Kings coach Paul Westphal in Dallas from 2008-09 as a key reserve. "Mario Elie. I'll say his name because I had a history with him. We had just lost a game. It was over the holiday, Thanksgiving holiday, and my mother was in town and in the [team] family room [at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento]. She came up to Mario Elie, and said, 'I'm Antoine Wright's mom. Can I have a picture with you?' My mom is a fan of the game, a big fan of Mario Elie, and he said, 'No, I'm with my family.'

"We're a team now, so I came into practice [the next day] and told everybody, I said, 'When we go into film, I'm just going to put Mario on blast.' So I walk in last, and I come in through the front and Mario is in the back, and I said, 'Man, you know what? That's foul what you did to my mom. All she wanted was a picture. Everybody in this room would have took a picture with your mom if she asked, or anybody else's mom in this room. That's probably why we don't have any team chemistry.'

"My rift, really, with the organization was that I don't think they prepared the guys enough to win basketball games," Wright said. "We were probably the only team in the NBA that didn't have a scouting report. How do you expect a young team to go out and carry a game plan? Every team I've been on, they give you a scouting report on every guy on the team, a couple paragraphs about each guy before you go out there and play against him.

"Coming on the court before the game was chaos -- no structure whatsoever, and we kind of had a laid-back coach. Westphal was pretty laid back, and with a group of young guys, you've got to have somebody who comes in and disciplines them."

Wright wasn't even close to done yet.

"I'm not going to throw any of their players under the bus, but one of the main players who was a big part of our team, his attitude was really, really bad -- I'm pretty sure you can figure out who that guy is," he said before confirming that he was speaking of then-rookie forward-center DeMarcus Cousins. "Tyreke [Evans] had a pretty good attitude. His work ethic wasn't great, but he's a good young player. I believed in him completely. I just don't think the coaches did enough to prepare us to win games."

Link

"I had an issue with one of the coaches and my mother," said Wright, who was with the then-Mavericks assistant Elie and Kings coach Paul Westphal in Dallas from 2008-09 as a key reserve. "Mario Elie. I'll say his name because I had a history with him. We had just lost a game. It was over the holiday, Thanksgiving holiday, and my mother was in town and in the [team] family room [at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento]. She came up to Mario Elie, and said, 'I'm Antoine Wright's mom. Can I have a picture with you?' My mom is a fan of the game, a big fan of Mario Elie, and he said, 'No, I'm with my family.'

"We're a team now, so I came into practice [the next day] and told everybody, I said, 'When we go into film, I'm just going to put Mario on blast.' So I walk in last, and I come in through the front and Mario is in the back, and I said, 'Man, you know what? That's foul what you did to my mom. All she wanted was a picture. Everybody in this room would have took a picture with your mom if she asked, or anybody else's mom in this room. That's probably why we don't have any team chemistry.'

"My rift, really, with the organization was that I don't think they prepared the guys enough to win basketball games," Wright said. "We were probably the only team in the NBA that didn't have a scouting report. How do you expect a young team to go out and carry a game plan? Every team I've been on, they give you a scouting report on every guy on the team, a couple paragraphs about each guy before you go out there and play against him.

"Coming on the court before the game was chaos -- no structure whatsoever, and we kind of had a laid-back coach. Westphal was pretty laid back, and with a group of young guys, you've got to have somebody who comes in and disciplines them."

Wright wasn't even close to done yet.

"I'm not going to throw any of their players under the bus, but one of the main players who was a big part of our team, his attitude was really, really bad -- I'm pretty sure you can figure out who that guy is," he said before confirming that he was speaking of then-rookie forward-center DeMarcus Cousins. "Tyreke [Evans] had a pretty good attitude. His work ethic wasn't great, but he's a good young player. I believed in him completely. I just don't think the coaches did enough to prepare us to win games."

Link

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

JT starting at SF.
sick.gif

I doubt the Kings will be able to keep Dalembert, so signing Chandler, who is younger and better would even more difficult.

The Suns would be crazy to trade Dragic and a pick for Brooks and then let him leave this off-season. 

Back
Top Bottom