Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Hmm, good enough to DVR morning news at 7. Idk about waking up though
laugh.gif
She's cuter live.
embarassed.gif

Because this report is apparently whack
indifferent.gif

PM me yall, lets figure out where this Crandell clown lives....

"Report: Plan to keep Kings in Sacto 'laughable'"

Posted on: March 24, 2011 4:26 pm
Posted by Royce Young

Earlier, there was a story out with a reported new plan to keep the Kings home in Sacramento. There weren't any specifics, just the word that the the money was "in place" to keep the team in California's capital city.

Except that report might not be right. According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports on Twitter, a source found the television report "laughable" and called the chances of the team staying "remote."

Darn. Not good.

All signs point to the Kings exiting Sacramento unless something drastic happens. The earlier report was encouraging, but with the way it sounds now, it's back to the drawing board. Money is at the heart of the issue, so if there was a way to come up with funding, it certainly would change things. But that might not be the case anymore. Which means someone else will have to step up.

http://matt-moore.blogs.c...816?source=rss_blogs_NBA

indifferent.gif

Posted by Royce Young

Earlier, there was a story out with a reported new plan to keep the Kings home in Sacramento. There weren't any specifics, just the word that the the money was "in place" to keep the team in California's capital city.

Except that report might not be right. According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports on Twitter, a source found the television report "laughable" and called the chances of the team staying "remote."

Darn. Not good.

All signs point to the Kings exiting Sacramento unless something drastic happens. The earlier report was encouraging, but with the way it sounds now, it's back to the drawing board. Money is at the heart of the issue, so if there was a way to come up with funding, it certainly would change things. But that might not be the case anymore. Which means someone else will have to step up.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

indifferent.gif

Posted by Royce Young

Darn. Not good.

He never even mentioned why the report was laughable. Seems to me like it was just his opinion with no logic or reasoning.

indifferent.gif

Posted by Royce Young

Darn. Not good.

He never even mentioned why the report was laughable. Seems to me like it was just his opinion with no logic or reasoning.

^My guess is that Marc Spears heard of this plan a while ago, and never even bothered reporting it because it was so out there..... Now that we are in the 11th hour, the dude from Fox 40 got a wiff of this plan and decided to throw this out there cuz it would be a nice story that offers a glimmer of hope.

^My guess is that Marc Spears heard of this plan a while ago, and never even bothered reporting it because it was so out there..... Now that we are in the 11th hour, the dude from Fox 40 got a wiff of this plan and decided to throw this out there cuz it would be a nice story that offers a glimmer of hope.

Exactly what I mean. He probably heard of this plan a long time ago. Realized it was nothing big/real/legit to report, kept it moving.... and then noticed Crandell picking up on this; and then decided to shoot it down with the quickness.

Exactly what I mean. He probably heard of this plan a long time ago. Realized it was nothing big/real/legit to report, kept it moving.... and then noticed Crandell picking up on this; and then decided to shoot it down with the quickness.

Jimmy Crandell's looking to make Marc Spears his Crybaby of The Week
pimp.gif

Spears isn't about that Sactown "all we report is murder and the weather for an hour" life.

Really though, I almost see this as a good thing. These "national" writers get salty when a podunk guy like Crandell scoops them. I think they wouldnt say a thing if there was zero validity to the story.

WHERE IS DEL RODGERS WHEN WE NEED HIM?

Jimmy Crandell's looking to make Marc Spears his Crybaby of The Week
pimp.gif

Spears isn't about that Sactown "all we report is murder and the weather for an hour" life.

Really though, I almost see this as a good thing. These "national" writers get salty when a podunk guy like Crandell scoops them. I think they wouldnt say a thing if there was zero validity to the story.

WHERE IS DEL RODGERS WHEN WE NEED HIM?

^I will holler at him for ya!!! My pops knows him somewhat and we are in his March Madness pool every year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^I will holler at him for ya!!! My pops knows him somewhat and we are in his March Madness pool every year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 Rodgers is the man.
It's tough times for local sportscasters.  I swear they really do spend about 30 mins on the weather every day.  KCRA has like 5 meteorologists
laugh.gif
.  Meanwhile, Ryan Yamamoto has to operate the camera AND report the news!  SMH.

Amick is doing NBA Confidential...still talks Kings, just not exclusively Kings.  I follow him on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom