:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 [h1]Week 10:[/h1][h3]Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ball State Cardinals -Trent Baalke visit[/h3]
WR Corey Davis, No. 84:

It's hard to get recognition when one does not play in one of the Power 5 Conferences, but one wide receiver in particular has been turning heads with his consistency and production. Corey Davis is a big, tough, extremely reliable receiver with impressive and clean route running abilities displaying excellent fluidity and an impressive quickness to his game. He showcases great awareness and concentration plucking balls away from his frame utilizing sound body control, length, strong hands, and fantastic ball skills. Davis has also added more weight to his frame, which should bode well with his physical and aggressive nature attacking the football. He shows a great ability to separate from defenders with his short-area burst and suddenness, and possess good deep speed to take the top off coverages. A complete productive receiver easily capable of working underneath and over the top.

Davis doesn't possess elite speed, but he has added additional weight and strength to his game creating more explosion and the opportunity to be more consistent in winning contested battles. Playing outside the Power 5 will always have concerns on the level of competition. A good outing at the Senior Bowl will only improve his stock.

if we take a QB with our first pick, no way in hell we can pass on corey davis if he's there in the second round. i love this kid.

Last edited:
There's gotta be some complete statistic showing a coach or DC's career of ineptitude, right? By that I mean not just seasonal rankings, but total yardage, points, TDs, yards per pass/run, etc.

Whoever blames this terrible Defense to our personnel must be blind. Jim o neil was horrible in Cleveland and horrible with the 49ers and still people blame personnel. That's hard to fathom.

right, nobody is saying this is the 85 bears, but there's more than enough to talent to not be historically bad. mike nolan talked maiocco recently, and he attested that the team he inherited was ten-times worse, especially on defense.

listen to eli and wilhoite talk about how much they've dialed back the game plan:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/M...-Matchup/73251d6c-c3ac-4118-b2ce-bdb0e83502fa

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/E..._Defense/6b1b86e7-734f-4735-ba7c-99fcd216fae4

why did it take jim o'neil 10 weeks to realize this? doesn't it make more sense to start slow and ramp things up? why is he just now realizing that he's supposed to put players in their best positions to make plays?? these are fundamental concepts that everyone is aware of except for him.

if i recall correctly, vic fangio said he had only installed 50% of his defense in his first season in san francisco. he wanted to keep things simple to keep players thinking less and playing fast.

jim o'neil is already the worst defensive coordinator in the 70-year history of this organization. somebody has to be held responsible for that.

Last edited:
Red introduced us to Carson Wentz, Karl Joseph, Aaron Lynch, and many others to us before they were even reported as graded draft prospects. The guy knows how to evaluate talent so I don't question his opinions.

Its funny, when Lord Fangio was here, he was rotating in nobody's, and owning the league on defense. Everyone thought Baalked was a genius. Now that the defense is being coached by a turd, Baalke needs the ax, and we lack talent.

Not sure who to blame on the Oneil thing, but it sounded like Chip picked the guy. To me that is more concerning. Chip couldn't field a decent defense in Philly either.

Who gets the ax Baalke or Chip? Or both?
Baalke can make the case that this is the same group from last year, yet the team is worse.

Who gets the ax Baalke or Chip? Or both?
Baalke can make the case that this is the same group from last year, yet the team is worse.
i don't think either goes. the #1 way to be terrible in the long term is lack of continuity. if chip goes back to college, then so be it, but we desperately need continuity.

chip has shown he can coach guys up and scheme them open. he's not some turd like greg olson. yes, the repeated inside zone gun runs are annoying as hell, but a lot of what he does is really good as far as passing concepts go. for as much as people crap on the skill positions, chip is getting guys wide ******* open. QP just last week had the best game of his career. this is an example of how coaching can mask and make the most of his talent. the offensive line is dramatically better than last season, and i think will only improve under chip and OL coach pat flaherty. we need continuity on that side of the ball, but chip needs to start stringing together some wins.

jim o'neil needs to ******* go. period. the worst DC in the history of the organization. any dumb *** can see this. most of us saw it coming the day he was hired. i don't think a single player has progressed from last season; most have regressed. not one single player has made strides. crazy. this is unacceptable and entirely on the DC.

everyone know how i feel about baalke. if he sticks around, i hope he's learned his lesson, or stops listening to whatever doctor is signing off on these players. no more acl players.

you guys should really listen to mike nolan on matt maiocco's podcast. you can hear it HERE. mike nolan talks about choosing alex over aaron, how the 2016 team has a lot more talent than the team he inherited in 2005, how it took them 7 years to build the roster harbaugh inherited, and his feeling in regards to trent baalke.

Last edited:
red got my laid off the strength of the footbal knowledge he bestow on us. just flexing on hos.

hood rats, but still.

from skylark. we be getting pupusas after.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people suggesting the niners draft leonard fournette lol.

as it stands right now, i think the fan base would lose its mind if baalke drafted fournette with the 2nd overall pick. 
laugh.gif

if chip doesn't like any of the QBs, i think the second best player in the draft is jonathan allen. 

sick.gif

Last edited:
allen is a bad ************. the first 2 things i look for when I evaluate DL are:

1.) get off - can the player fly off the ball? is he explosive out of his stance? does he consistently beat his opponent out of their stance? does explode forward or stand up?

2.) hands - does he have heavy hands? is he violent with them? how technical is he with them?

jonathan allen checks all the boxes. dude is just a savage man. he's like a doctor with his hands. surgical as ****. 
sick.gif

check out this little bull-n-pull/arm drag move allen uses lol. notice how the eyes are in the backfield the entire time. this is stupid. textbook across the board. 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

brings back memories of cowboy 
frown.gif

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]IS PATTON SHOWING HE'S PART OF THE 49ERS' FUTURE?[/h1]
Wide receiver Quinton Patton is halfway through the final year of his original 49ers contract, and he is making a bid to show that he can be part of the team’s future.

He said he is not thinking about it in those terms, but that is the reality of the 49ers right now. The organization must determine which players – especially which free-agents-to-be -- are worth keeping around off a team that is currently 1-7 and showing no signs of improvement.

“I don’t even think about the final games,” Patton said after he recorded career-bests with six catches for 106 yards in the 49ers’ 41-23 loss to the New Orleans Saints last weekend.

“I just had this game on my mind. Next week I have (the Arizona Cardinals) on my mind and after that I don’t know who we play. It is just game by game and whatever happens, happens.”

Patton heads into Sunday’s game against the Cardinals playing the best football of his career. In the past three games, Patton has 13 catches for 171 yards. Patton is on pace to nearly double his production from his previous three NFL seasons. Patton has 25 catches for 293 yards.

Torrey Smith, the 49ers’ expected No. 1 receiver, has 15 receptions for 217 yards. The 49ers signed Smith last year to a five-year, $40 million contract as a free agent. Patton looks like the better fit for the 49ers' offense, as a player who has more versatility with his route-running.

“The one thing I love about QP is just the energy that he brings every single day,” 49ers coach Chip Kelly said. “He’s a very consistent person. He’s the same guy every day and he’s a high-energy guy every day.

“I think he just has a better understanding and really a comfort level in terms of what we’re doing now and you’re starting to see his numbers kind of increase as the season’s gone along. . . Hopefully, we’ll continue to see him grow more.”

Patton’s energy was evident at the time the 49ers selected him in the fourth round of the 2013 draft. Eager to get to work, Patton boarded a plane and flew to the Bay Area. He was sent back home because it was against NFL rules for him to report before the team’s upcoming rookie minicamp.

“He’s someone, he comes out and works every day,” 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick said of Patton. “You’re going to get everything he has every play in practice, on the game field. For me, it’s exciting because he’s someone I’ve been close to and to see him come out, be a starter now, be a significant part of this offense and make big plays for us, it’s exciting. It’s great to see that.”

Patton said he believes he can thrive in Kelly’s system.

“If you are a receiver, you know how to play receiver, this is the perfect offense for you,” he said. “It gives you a little bit of freedom and at the same time everything is everything.”

watson so disappointing. he should be significantly better this season than he is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom