:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beckham is sick but Landry has those strong boldin hands . That ability to come down with it in traffic is key in our division with these corners being able to contest so well.

landry has every trait baalke and harbaugh look for in their players: physical, competitive and fiery. like aaron said dude is a younger boldin. very relentless when the ball is in his vicinity and has that same in your face type attitude that anquan has. while having 3 physical, possession receivers(if Q returns) seems a lil redundant i expect us to lose crabtree and Q is old so jarvis landry would fill that Z receiver nicely for the next 5 years. 

Last edited:
Just me but I think we will get crab on a five year deal worth 32 to 35 million which is fair compensation for a player of his caliber. Maybe a little more but I expect it in the neighborhood of guys like Stevie Johnson's contract.

Last edited:
not an expert but after seeing some highlights of a couple prospects i found some i like here they ar

for wrs

odel beckham/ landry 

cooks

for dbs

jason verret

jimmie ward

A corner I want you guys to take a look at in R3 is Terrance Mitchell. Vastly underrated. The metrics prove his worth. Check the highlight tapes when you guys get a chance. He's on par with Gilbert, Dennard, Verrett.

Have you guys been keeping up with the kid that showed up to the hawks parade in 49ers gear?

He happens to be a homeless kid and some lady set up a fund for him which has $26k+ in it already from various people donating to it... They're supposedly gonna put it in a bank account for him so when he reaches 18 he will be able to access it

Have you guys been keeping up with the kid that showed up to the hawks parade in 49ers gear?

He happens to be a homeless kid and some lady set up a fund for him which has $26k+ in it already from various people donating to it... They're supposedly gonna put it in a bank account for him so when he reaches 18 he will be able to access it
yeah ive been following it. crazy, sad story. 

A corner I want you guys to take a look at in R3 is Terrance Mitchell. Vastly underrated. The metrics prove his worth. Check the highlight tapes when you guys get a chance. He's on par with Gilbert, Dennard, Verrett.

was better than ifo in my opinion last yr. Been watching him all last season.

my boy got to go to levis stadium recently and the first thing that stood out to him was how awesome the view of the bay area skyline was. he said the stadium felt "very open" and that the elevated skyline view is !@#$ing awesome. he also said that you feel like you are on top of he field from everywhere in the stadium.
pimp.gif
said it reminded him a lot of how AT&T feels.

levis stadium is going to be amazing my friends.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
was better than ifo in my opinion last yr. Been watching him all last season.
That's the thing about value. IEO would have cost you a R1 pick this year. Mitchell can be had late-second or early-third. That's valuable to a team like San Francisco with a plethora of picks in the middle rounds.

via ESPNinsider

Will 49ers use franchise tag?
February, 11, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Beginning Monday, NFL teams will be allowed to slap their franchise tag on one player. In recent years, we have seen the San Francisco 49ers tag Dashon Goldson in 2012, then not use their tag option at all last year. There are several Niners that the team may consider tagging in '14, but it appears they probably will go a second consecutive year without using it.

"The 49ers hope to retain some important scheduled free agents, but they are not expected to resort to the franchise tag to get it done," wrote Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com

"Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, safety Donte Whitner and cornerback Tarell Brown are 2013 starters who the 49ers would like to see return to the team in 2014. But the franchise tag does not appear to be a realistic option for any of them."

Maiocco believes that when it comes to Boldin, "the projected [WR] franchise tag of $11.5 million is exorbitant for a player who turns 34 next season."

With the franchise tag for safeties expected to be around $8 million and the cornerback tag at about $11.2 million, those prices also appear to be higher than the Niners will want to commit for Whitner and Brown, respectively.

That's the thing about value. IEO would have cost you a R1 pick this year. Mitchell can be had late-second or early-third. That's valuable to a team like San Francisco with a plethora of picks in the middle rounds.

yea i kno. I mean as deep as the cb crop is this draft, i wouldn't have wasted a 1st rd pick on one even if he came out. Your mock draft picks so far have been good. Only thing i would've thought about doing is snatching a wr in the 2nd before a cb if d line is the move in the 1st

yea i kno. I mean as deep as the cb crop is this draft, i wouldn't have wasted a 1st rd pick on one even if he came out. Your mock draft picks so far have been good. Only thing i would've thought about doing is snatching a wr in the 2nd before a cb if d line is the move in the 1st
Run on CB's in the mock. My WR targets were scooped early: Beckham, Landry, Matthews in that order.

PM you my consolation selection, once Carolina picks I can make it official.

Run on CB's in the mock. My WR targets were scooped early: Beckham, Landry, Matthews in that order.

PM you my consolation selection, once Carolina picks I can make it official.

i peeped not bad but i kno that's not what you wanted there. How many WRs were taken already?

Last edited:
with all the hype for big cornerbacks im surprised nobody has taken stanley jean baptiste in the mock draft yet.

6'3 220
sick.gif

i had us getting him with our late 2nd.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
i peeped not bad but i kno that's not what you wanted there. How many WRs were taken already?
9 off the board by the time I picked in R2. Happy with Q. Patton flourishing.

with all the hype for big cornerbacks im surprised nobody has taken stanley jean baptiste in the mock draft yet.

6'3 220 :x  

i had us getting him with our late 2nd. :pimp:
Sherm-lite. Following Prince and Dennard.

i like the terrance mitchell call. didnt watch much oregon last year but hes in a couple of mock drafts and from what ive seen he's the type of value we look usually for in the middle/late rounds. would love to grab kyle fuller and then add mitchell later in the real draft.

Last edited:
i like the terrance mitchell call. didnt watch much oregon last year but hes in a couple of mock drafts and from what ive seen he's the type of value we look usually for in the middle/late rounds. would love to grab kyle fuller and then add mitchell later in the real draft.
Lasting moves that win you Super Bowl(s).

Pretty sure Boldin will be back but regardless we still need one more Receiver. Manningham is as good as gone. Patton has the clear edge over Baldwin but like I said another receiver is needed regardless.

As far as safety is concerned I really hope we resign Whitner. Reid has shown a lot of potential but if we part ways might we be "too inexperienced" at the safety position? Could we really afford to have both players leaning on the job ( Reid a second year player and a rookie if we went that rout in the draft)... maybe but I'd rather not risk it if possible.

CB- Wouldn't mind picking up another corner in the 3rd or 4th round. Hopefully Chris Culliver can stay healthy and he's ready to get after it.

TE- Vernon... then what.... Vance Mcdonald :smh:

PR- CAN NO ELSE ON THE TEAM RETURN PUNTS? At this point I just want someone that can haul in a fair catch. Anything else would be a bonus. If we don't have a capable person hopefully we can address this through free agency.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Boldin will be back but regardless we still need one more Receiver. Manningham is as good as gone. Patton has the clear edge or Baldwin but like I said another receiver is needed regardless.

As far as safety is concerned I really hope we resign Whitner. Reid has shown a lot of potential but if we part ways might we be "too inexperienced" at the safety position? Could we really afford to have both players leaning on the job ( Reid a second year player and a rookie if we went that rout in the draft)... maybe but I'd rather not risk it if possible.

CB- Wouldn't mind picking up another corner in the 3rd or 4th round. Hopefully Chris Culliver can stay healthy and he's ready to get after it.

TE Vernon... then what.... Vance Mcdonald :smh:

PR CAN NO ELSE ON THE TEAM RETURN PUNTS? At this point I just want someone that can haul in a fair catch. Anything else would be a bonus. If we don't have a capable person hopefully we can address this through free agency.
Harbaugh (along with Belichick) are strong enough to handle Colt if you take a flier on him late.

Heard a story on the train. When A.J. Jenkins was first selected by San Francisco, Jerry Rice reached out to show Jenkins his routine and habits. Jenkins reportedly declined.

Back
Top Bottom