:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i noticed the clock situation during the game but after watching that vid i dont know, if its not rigged we have some sort of bad luck.

Last edited:
Only thing that pissed me off about that video was that flagged play (blown whistle) that allowed that TD (free play).

Last edited:
watched that video, lotta good points, some play clock things i didn't pick up on but definitely a lot of weird ball spots and missed game-action calls that we all pointed out. ]still, SF was in position to win and didn't execute. can't place that blame on anyone else. 

Yea watched it as well. I feel like problems with the clock happens all the time but its just not noticed unless its during a close game. Remember there was the same problem last year in I believe one of the Rams games. Some of the calls were terrible but what can you do. The team still could have won but didnt. No reason to keep looking back at the game since the seasons over and done with.

Last edited:
We Lost...Regardless of what the refs did, we came up short in most of the big moments and still had a shot to win. It is what it is.

since the top 3 rounds are the "sexy" rounds here's my 1st dream mock atm

trade 1st, move back a lil and pick up a late round pick for this year or pick for next year

2a.) Kyle Fuller CB
2b.)Jarvis Landry WR
2c.) Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
3a.) Jimmie Ward S
3b) Weston Richburg C

To trade back down to get a guy you could get with your existing picks makes little sense to me. If anything you'd want to trade away one of your 2nds and 3rds to move up higher in the 2nd round and keep your 1st. If they gonna get a recever, there's no reason to move up. I like kyle fuller alot but not in the beginning of the 3nd maybe end or top of the 3rd.

Last edited:
Only thing that pissed me off about that video was that flagged play (blown whistle) that allowed that TD (free play).
That play was BS. The whistle blew and you could of tell the d line didnt try. 

Also the running into the kicker was BS.

F those refs.

Last edited:
We Lost...Regardless of what the refs did, we came up short in most of the big moments and still had a shot to win. It is what it is.
To trade back down to get a guy you could get with your existing picks makes little sense to me. If anything you'd want to trade away one of your 2nds and 3rds to move up higher in the 2nd round and keep your 1st. If they gonna get a recever, there's no reason to move up. I like kyle fuller alot but not in the beginning of the 3nd maybe end or top of the 3rd.
How does getting additional draft picks while getting your guy not make sense? This is a strategy all the best drafting teams employ especially in a deep draft(We've done this before in the Baalke-era). It's all about getting as much value as you can at every pick. This is how you accumulate picks for the current and/or next year. Only way you trade up is if your guy is sitting there and you don't think he's going to last(ie Eric Reid).

This applies to any player the Niners could want to draft. Kyle Fuller is just for a hypothetical situaiton. Just because a player is there when you have the pick doesn't mean you need to take him. You need to analyze the situation because you don't want to reach on a player and draft him out of place(ie AJ JENKINS
mad.gif
).

Last edited:
Some of that video is a straight reach, but man, I'm probably in the minority but I think the refs really did cost us that game. I was at Link and some of the calls that were missed were just blatantly obvious, even to some Seahawk fans around me. The worst one was that "miss" of the roughing the kicker penalty. You could hear the air go out of the building cause everyone knew that was a 15 yarder, everyone cept the zebras. All those BS spots to Marshawn were bad too. The refs spotted the Seahawks about 3 extra possessions with penalties/bad calls, one inside our 5 :x . Our defense was making life miserable fer them in the first half, something had to give. yeah, we had a chance to win at the end and didnt make plays but it shouldnt even have come to that with the way the defense was playing. Not nearly as bad as the officiating during the Saints/Vikings NFC championship though :x :smh:

How does getting additional draft picks while getting your guy not make sense? This is a strategy all the best drafting teams employ especially in a deep draft(We've done this before in the Baalke-era). It's all about getting as much value as you can at every pick. This is how you accumulate picks for the current and/or next year. Only way you trade up is if your guy is sitting there and you don't think he's going to last(ie Eric Reid).

This applies to any player the Niners could want to. Kyle Fuller is just for a hypothetical situaiton. Just because a player is there when you have the pick doesn't mean you need to take him. You need to analyze the situation because you don't want to reach on a player and draft him out of place(ie AJ JENKINS >: ).

I didn't say anything about reaching. I just said if they're gonna go for a WR in the 1st they don't need to move up in the 1st to get a good one, not an AJ

It's not the strategy because I agree with it it's the strategy plus the pick you made after the move back because Kyle would be a reach. You say he was a hypothetical pick, ok. In the position they're in, to trade down you're hoping to get a high 2nd in return. If not, to move back is a waste because you already have two 2nds and three 3rds. We don't need any more late round picks. If anything you'd package a couple of those early pics to move up after picking in the 1st.

for example let's say the niners have kyle fuller as the highest rated player on their board when it's their turn to pick. Houston calls up and says they want to trade with us because there is a player they want at that spot but they fear Seattle will take him before they pick to start the 2nd round. They offer us their 2nd and a 4th for our 1st. We analyze the situation, look at the teams between us(sea and denver) and come to that conclusion that neither team either has a need for cornerback OR that player rated high on their board. You're going to pass up the swap to get the guy you want AND a bonus pick?  

pumped for the draft 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
for example let's say the niners have kyle fuller as the highest rated player on their board when it's their turn to pick. Houston calls up and says they want to trade with us because there is a player they want at that spot but they fear Seattle will take him before they pick to start the 2nd round. They offer us their 2nd and a 4th for our 1st. We analyze the situation, look at the teams between us(sea and denver) and come to that conclusion that neither team either has a need for cornerback OR that player rated high on their board. You're going to pass up the swap to get the guy you want AND a bonus pick?  

In that situation the strategy is a viable option but it's solely dependant on Houston being thirsty. But I think that us picking where we are is more important than picking up an extra 4th round pick this season considering all the picks we have.

you can never have too many picks. draft picks are like GOLD especially for a team like us transitioning to a period where our previous draft picks are coming up on pay days. there is talent at every level of the draft whether its the first round or the last and hitting on these picks is how the good teams sustain success for long periods of time. 

peep this

in 1986 bill walsh traded down 2 times and made 6 trades overall. he accumulated 13 picks. these are the players he drafted: Larry Roberts, Steve Wallace, Tom Rathman, Tim McKyer, John Taylor, Charles Haley, Kevin Fagan and Don Griffin. 
pimp.gif

bill belicheat mastered this technique and its looking like seattle has as well. 8 of their 11 starters on defense were drafted in the 4th round or later. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I dig what you saying but we already have 12 picks :lol:. It's not like there's a dearth of picks on our part plus I doubt we gonna have anymore than 7 that can actually contribute or make the team

then we trade the rest for next year  and have another 12 next year 
devil.gif

or 

like you said we could move up. if there's a guy that the niners really want there's nothing wrong with jumping up and grabbing your guy.

Like giving up 2 first rounders to get Jerry Rice. On the contrary there's always that time we kept trading down in the 1st only to select Rashaun Woods :x

Serious question... do you guys think that the Seahawks 49ers rivalry is real now? I know earlier in the season some of you guys said it wasn't.

Serious question... do you guys think that the Seahawks 49ers rivalry is real now? I know earlier in the season some of you guys said it wasn't.
its definitely becoming a rivalry but nowhere near the level 49ers cowboys or 49ers packers was. we had to see those teams multiple times in the playoffs for a large span of years. 49ers saw the cowboys 3 years in a row in the NFC Championship game in the early 90s and it seemed like the !@#$ing packers knocked us out of the playoffs every year in the late 90s(95, 96, 97, finally beat them in 98 and then they beat us again in 01).
sick.gif
  i can see the niners and seahawks facing off in the NFC championship for the next 5 years which will definitely validate the rivalry.

Last edited:
its definitely becoming a rivalry but nowhere near the level 49ers cowboys or 49ers packers was. we had to see those teams multiple times in the playoffs for a large span of years. i can see the niners and seahawks facing off in the NFC championship for the next 5 years which will definitely validate the rivalry. 49ers saw the cowboys 3 years in a row in the NFC Championship game in the early 90s and it seemed like the !@#$ing packers knocked us out of the playoffs every year in the late 90s. :x  

This.

Media and fans alike were so quick to anoint this as currently the best rivalry in the NFL when in reality, Niners-Seahawks was just getting started and officially capped off with this year's NFCG. Wasn't until 2012 season when both teams were relevant at the same time (in the Carroll and Harbaugh era) and that Week 16 SNF blowout in Seattle was the really early infant stages of this burgeoning rivalry.

Obviously being division rivals is enough to call it a "rivalry" but now that each match-up going forward will be a litmus test and a playoff atmosphere-like game makes it more accurate for me to let people say it's the "best rivalry" in the NFL.

May we be blessed to see more classic games between these two for the next 5+ years and of course may we see the Niners actually come out on top more often than not.

The mystery fan in Seattle:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/7/5389622/49ers-waldo-fan-seahawks-victory-parade

Emmanuel Sanders, anyone?

San Francisco 49ers
Steelers WR Sanders a 49ers free-agent fit?
February, 6, 2014
Feb 6
5:00
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Earlier Thursday on "SportsCenter," ESPN Insider Adam Caplan identified an explosive receiver as the San Francisco 49ers’ top need this offseason.

Caplan suggested the 49ers should pursue Pittsburgh receiver Emmanuel Sanders in free agency. Caplan reasoned that Sanders will be attainable for the 49ers because the Steelers likely won’t try to re-sign him.

Sanders has speed and he has made big plays. He had 67 catches for 740 yards and six touchdowns last season. It was Sanders’ best season in four NFL campaigns. He will turn 27 in March.

There’s no doubt Sanders would be a nice complement to Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin (who needs to be re-signed). Sanders' speed would give the 49ers an added dimension.

However, I’m not sure it would be cost efficient. The 49ers have priority free agents in Boldin, safety Donte Whitner and kicker Phil Dawson. Also, they have Quinton Patton entering his second season and they may pursue a receiver early in the draft.

Thus, I’m not sure the 49ers would invest significant salary in a receiver because of those factors. But, if the price is right, Sanders would look good in a 49ers uniform. At the very least, Caplan’s idea is interesting early-February fodder.

What ya'll think of signing either Brandon Browner or WT3 if we lose Los and T-Brown?

I would sign Browner in a heartbeat if I was SF....:pimp: Would love a big CB like him in red & gold + that would reeeeeally piss off Seattle fans...:lol:

Browner, Brock & Culliver could work, but i'd still rather see them retain T.Brown somehow and then address the CB position in this upcoming draft.

I still want them to package a bunch of picks and trade into the top-5 for Sammy Watkins, but if this draft is deep at WR like people are saying then they def. wont do that...

Browner might never play in the NFL again so i wouldn't even consider him and like I posted a couple pages back Sammy Watkins aint happening. No team is going to trade back to pass on a elite WR prospect especially with the CBA draft changes a couple years ago to salary and it would an even dumber move for the Niners. Niners would literally have to give up ALL of their first 3 round picks to move up that high.

Nobody has a better feel for what's happening inside the organization than Matt Maiocco and here is his latest article:
49ers not likely to make big splash in free agency

February 7, 2014, 9:15 am

The 49ers will be in the market for a cornerback and wide receiver when free agency begins on March 11. (USATSI)

While some other NFL organizations routinely go outside to acquire a high-priced player who immediately becomes a top-paid player on the team, the 49ers have a different approach.

General manager Trent Baalke and president Paraag Marathe believe in rewarding players who have proven themselves with the 49ers.

Baalke takes a lot of factors into consideration, including how a player would fit into their team’s offensive or defensive system, as well as how a player’s personality would fit into the locker room.

And as the 49ers’ chief negotiator and salary-cap guru, Marathe is entrusted with the duty of making the pieces fit financially. It’s his job to figure out how a player’s contract into the organization’s salary-cap structure -- both short term and long term.

The 49ers will likely look for veteran help at cornerback and wide receiver. And their history suggests it's highly unlikely they will be aggressive when free agency begins on March 11 and raise any offer to compete for any player on the free-agent market.

The top cornerbacks available are Miami’s Brent Grimes and Indianapolis’ Vontae Davis (Vernon’s brother). There’s talk that Miami could place the franchise tag on Grimes. And if he’s in that conversation, that would appear to price him out of the 49ers’ market. Davis had a good season, and he’s only 26 years old. He should cash in with a big deal, too.

Ultimately, the 49ers could look for a player who slips through the cracks a little bit. That player could be their own free agent, Tarell Brown. The 49ers handed Brown $300,000 late in the season as a good-will gesture after he unknowingly forfeited a $2 million escalator by not participating in the team’s offseason program. In any event, the 49ers can be expected to invest in a cornerback in the draft, too.

At wide receiver, their 49ers’ first priority will be to bring back Anquan Boldin at a price that works for both sides. If the 49ers re-sign Boldin, then they certainly will not pay big money to add a veteran wide receiver who will have no chance to unseat Boldin or Michael Crabtree for a starting job. The 49ers can bring in a speed receiver at a reasonable price in free agency. And they could add another receiver in the draft to compete with Quinton Patton.

[RELATED: 49ers' offseason focus on wide receivers]

If the 49ers are able to upgrade at wide receiver, it could lead to a subtle shift in the offensive philosophy to incorporate more three-receiver personnel groups in 2014.

The 49ers have enough cap room to make roster moves. Certainly, some players -- such as cornerback Carlos Rogers -- are not expected to return at their scheduled salaries. The 49ers will try to avoid restructuring contracts to create additional cap space because of the impact that could have on future seasons.

So when you think about the 49ers adding a player in free agency, it’s wise to keep the 49ers’ current pay structure in mind. Here’s a look at the 49ers players who are scheduled to earn $1 million or more in 2014:

2014 cash value (2014 cap number)
CB Carlos Rogers $6.6 million ($8.09 million)
RB Frank Gore $6.45 million ($6.45 million)
LB Patrick Willis $6.353 million ($6.86 million)
TE Vernon Davis $5.3 million ($7.34 million)
LB Ahmad Brooks $5.1 million ($6.6 million)
LB NaVorro Bowman $4.75 million ($7.05 million)
DT Justin Smith $4.75 million ($6.94 million)
RT Anthony Davis $4.165 million ($7.5 million)
WR Michael Crabtree $4 million ($4.77 million)
DL Ray McDonald $3.6 million ($5.35 million)
T Joe Staley $3.4 million ($3.4 million)
G Mike Iupati $3.1 million ($4.425 million)
NT Glenn Dorsey $2.65 million ($3.8 million)
LB Aldon Smith $2.35 million ($4.58 million)
P Andy Lee $1.9 million ($2.4 million)
S Craig Dahl $1.65 million ($1.88 million)
LB Dan Skuta $1.5 million ($1.65 million)
WR Jon Baldwin $1.4 million ($1.4 million)
CB Chris Culliver $1.39 million ($1.54 million)
FB Bruce Miller $1.39 million ($1.4 million)
CB Tramaine Brock $1.25 million ($2 million)
S C.J. Spillman $1.25 million ($1.58 million)
QB Colin Kaepernick $1.07 million ($1.63 million)
OL Adam Snyder $1.05 million ($1.3 million)

Last edited:
Who the hell is WT3?  (Me asking this question is one of many reasons I hate when people do that.  Its stupid.  Its not a nickname.  It confuses people.  lol)

Who the hell is WT3?  (Me asking this question is one of many reasons I hate when people do that.  Its stupid.  Its not a nickname.  It confuses people.  lol)
walter thurmond the 3rd

i aint going to lie i had to think about it for a sec
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom