:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know nothing about luxury taxes and caps, but are coaches' salaries calculated in that total?

If you makes you feel better little one I'll say "almost"

like I said tho this means nothing... just a random *** story.

nothing happened..

moving on...

CONTRACT NEGOTIATION TACTIC

**** man :smh: ..

Last edited:
This wasn't close to happening. My old boss is friends with paraag mathe ( president of niners ) and he told me paraag said this wasn't even close to happening and is denying it. Everything he's told me in the past had been on point but still take it with a grain of salt ( posted the exact Alex smith trade couple years ago on here weeks before it was official)

Yea I remember you posting the Goldson info and Alex info weeks before everything went down. Good looking out again.

Jed York denying this means nothing to me. I dont buy for one second that this was not at least internally discussed. The Browns beat writer was on 95.7 saying someone floated her the story three weeks ago. There are more than enough sources to show that on some level, this was talked about.

My theory.....

Michael Lombardi, the then GM of the browns who is also close personal of Jim Harbauh, convinced the Browns owner to try to go after Harbaugh. They called the Niners and the Niners told Jim something to the effect of "we want you to he the coach of our team for a long time, but if you want to go coach for your childhood favorite team that is GMed by your friend and personal assistant's father, we will explore their offer." Then Jim talked it over with his family and they decided to stay in the Bay.

Thats my theory at least.

I like this theory
 I was about to write a page long post saying essentially exactly wahat you said here. 

Do you guys remember Lombardi being upset when Baalke got the GM job? Right afterward it was reported that he said the Niners screwed up because Lombardi would have brought in Harbaugh, McDaniels and a big name DC. He was essentially selling HIMSELF. 

Fast forward three years. 

He's in trouble in Cleveland. He decides to swing for the fences in a last ditch effort to save his job. He speaks with Harbaugh and tries to convince him to come to Cleveland. If I'm correct though, that's tampering if there is no permission from the 49ers. They may have had something preliminary in place just to facilitate a conversation.

Harbaugh turns it down...possibly because the move would strip his new team of a number of draft choices to improve the situation. 

Regardless, it doesn't happen. Lombardi swings for the fences and strikes out. He's fired. 

Now he's pissed. The 49ers have nothing to gain from this. The Browns have a new coach they are trying to get behind so have nothing to gain. Who stands to gain? Harbaugh and more importantly, Mike Lombardi. Lombardi can say "you guys could have had Harbaugh" in an effort to rescue his own reputation. He can leak it to Florio. He can leak it to a Cleveland radio host and frame it as "a big name coach was willing to work for me". It the same crap he pulled 3 years ago.

^^ Can totally see that.

I think it's odd how this just came outta nowhere.

I wish it never leaked. Mike Pettine probably feels like **** now, and that's just not what the Browns need.

Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff 

#49ers lost to SEA on Sun 1/19. Pettine was hired as CLE coach on Thu 1/23. So whatever discussions took place, it was in a short timeframe.

Last edited:
^^ Can totally see that.

I think it's odd how this just came outta nowhere.

I wish it never leaked. Mike Pettine probably feels like **** now, and that's just not what the Browns need.

You know Pettine already came in feeling like he wasn't the first choice and I think he's totally cool with that. He still gets the job and the chance to prove himself, even better without Lombardi and Banner behind him.

Why would harbaugh leave a team on thy cusp of winning a super bowl for a team that's, shall we say, "rebuilding?" Im under the impression that harbs is an ultra competitive guy and wants to finally win his first ring...cant fathom what sort of money would have to be thrown at him for him to leave his current situation

I'll be honest if they traded jim, and had a bad season. I might have to turn in my niner faithful card

The report saying when the browns call asking about roman and other coaches and harbaugh told them he wanted the job seem like the ultimate scumbag move. Now I know i don't know harbaugh at all but he seems too loyal to undercut his coaches like that.

You should turn your card in right now if your loyalty is that fragile. Trust me id lose my mind as well but nothing could ever move my loyalty.

:lol: word.
The FO debacle from last decade was much worse

Sorry 100proof you should have never said that.

But now that you did were you ready to just become a hardcore Seahawks fan. All that stadium pandemonium got you feeling a certain way ???

100proof I really do resent that post of yours.

I was blown when they fired Mooch but never ever would I ever claim I'm not goin to be a niner fan anymore. It's deeply embedded now.

Last edited:
Just seen while watching the combine that they started contract negotiations with Kaepernick yesterday

jim must really love mangini. he keeps finding coaching positions for him and dude is sitting next to john and jim at the combine right now.

Last edited:
100proof I really do resent that post of yours.

I was blown when they fired Mooch but never ever would I ever claim I'm not goin to be a niner fan anymore. It's deeply embedded now.

:lol: yall crazy for getting at 100proof like that..I'm sure he was exaggerating the point

Back
Top Bottom