:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, who passed along Monday that the "feeling within the organization is that Harbaugh is not going to be a 10-year coach with the 49ers." 

I think everyone has felt that way. Harbaugh is the extreme grinder type that is wound up so tight that he eventually burns out and fizzles. Doubt he'll be here for 10 more years but I expect around another 5.

Last edited:
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, who passed along Monday that the "feeling within the organization is that Harbaugh is not going to be a 10-year coach with the 49ers." 

This pisses me off. Unless Harbaugh is asking for $500 billion, give the man what he wants. Our squad was absolutely gawd AWFUL for the longest time and since Harbaugh has been here we have been to a NFCC, a Super Bowl, and another NFCC that we were one play away from returning to the Super Bowl.

I love Baalke but if it's a decision deciding between the 2 then Baalke can go fug himself somewhere.

The problem ppl have is that he wants to get paid like a "super bowl winning" coach.

Honestly he deserves the money. Rather have balke leave.

Didnt Kaepernick say he would negotiate his contract to keep his weapons around?

Depends on how many years imo. If they only give him a 1 year deal then I say they need to draft a safety to be groomed in round 3 or 4. If they give him 2 or 3 years then who knows if they even draft a safety at all and wait until next year.

if it's only a 1 yr possibility then it makes no sense to resign him. Start fresh now and get the SS of the future in this draft and divert those funds elsewhere

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arbaugh-wants-out-49ers-likely-wont-stop-him/

The onion that became an Onion-style headline on Friday has plenty of layers, both looking backward and looking forward.

As the 49ers and coach Jim Harbaugh try to find a way to continue to thrive amid some degree of dysfunction, there’s one important point to keep in mind: If Harbaugh ever decides he truly wants out, the 49ers won’t force him to stay.

We first developed a clear sense that the Niners wouldn’t compel Harbaugh to stick around after his name emerged as a candidate for the University of Texas job last season. If Harbaugh had wanted to leave for Austin, the 49ers would have wished him well.

At the time, it didn’t appear that same mentality would apply to another NFL team. However, if Harbaugh jumps to another NFL team, the 49ers can get compensation in the form of draft picks and/or money.

Sharing our belief that the 49ers wouldn’t keep Harbaugh from leaving if he wants to leave is Mike Silver of NFL.com, who is “convinced” that if Harbaugh had wanted to leave for Cleveland, the 49ers wouldn’t have blocked it.

As a result, things can get very interesting as 2014 unfolds. Barring a long-term, big-money deal that binds the Niners and Harbaugh together beyond the next two season, other teams will inevitably call the 49ers after the season ends, if not sooner.

Whether it’s the Dolphins (whose owner made a push for Harbaugh several years ago) or the Jets or the Browns (again) or the Raiders (for whom Harbaugh could work without moving), owners with coaches who will be inching toward the hot seat in 2014 could be warming up to the idea of making a run at Harbaugh.

The ceiling/floor for compensation will be set by whatever the Browns were willing to send to the 49ers for Harbaugh. For now, all we know is that Cleveland was ready to give multiple picks to the 49ers and that, per Adam Schefter of ESPN, a first-round selection was not involved

moiety moiety would you mind posting this article in here?

View media item 823792

I give you a sample....

4. The Seahawks aren't helping.

How Seattle won the Super Bowl could be illustrative for the 49ers. The Seahawks were the opposite of uptight. They played simple schemes very well instead of trying to do too much. The 49ers are a lot more complicated in their scheming. That has been one of their strengths, particularly in the running game.

[+] EnlargeMarshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson
AP Photo/Elaine ThompsonThe Seahawks rode their simpler schemes all the way to a Super Bowl championship.
But in this era of diminished practice time, a simpler approach also has its advantages. That will be additionally true for the 49ers as they move forward with young players acquired through the draft. That thought crystallized in my mind while I listened to Baalke answering a reporter's question about tight end Vance McDonald, a 2013 second-round pick who struggled some as a rookie.

"If you watched us play, you understand how complicated that position is, and how many different hats Vance had to wear this year as a rookie," Baalke explained. "It's a very difficult thing. When you have as much volume as we have and he's put in as many positions that he's put in, it’s such a learning curve. It takes away from your physicality, your physical traits because you're thinking your way through the game. So, I think there’s going to be a big jump with Vance next year and what he's able to bring to this football team."

Baalke wasn't necessarily saying the 49ers needed to simplify things to make better use of their draft choices, but it might not be a bad idea.

This might be the last LEGIT shot at winning the 'Chip
mean.gif

We win, Harbaugh leaves on top. We lose, Harbaugh still leaves
mean.gif
.  Honestly, I don't see him being here for more than 1 more year unless he gets PAID.

Relax bruh goons. Let the offseason play out. Jed aint no dummy and i'm sure uncle Eddie is somewhere in the mix giving advice.

I think both sides will fail to agree on a new contract, and win or lose Harbaugh is gone after this year. Promote Tomsula and go from there. But we HAVE to win next year. The road has only gotten infinitely tougher since the first NFCCG. 5 yards away from the Chip man...Can't let that opportunity slip like that.

I think Jim Tomsula will be a damn good head coach when he gets his chance. You can tell he's a great motivator and leader of men. Hopefully he's as good as Jim is at spotting and recruiting talented coordinators and coaches to work under him.

Last edited:
Jimmy aint going anywhere...slow offseason, i'm sure media is overblowing this to sell a story.

Tim Kawakami's reporting that there's "tension" but that Baalke and Jim are communicating. There's no way in hell Jed York let's the face of this franchise walk away and sign with another franchise, especially with how close he's brought them to the chip.

And if Harbaugh leaves, I'm not sure there's a guarantee that any of the other coaches stay.

Jimmy aint going anywhere...slow offseason, i'm sure media is overblowing this to sell a story.

Tim Kawakami's reporting that there's "tension" but that Baalke and Jim are communicating. There's no way in hell Jed York let's the face of this franchise walk away and sign with another franchise, especially with how close he's brought them to the chip.

And if Harbaugh leaves, I'm not sure there's a guarantee that any of the other coaches stay.
I am surprised nobody is talking about this. This is exactly what I would be worried about most if he left. This coaching staff is really, really good. Only guys I am confident wouldn't leave are Tomsula(who would be head coach candidate) and former 49er great RB Tom Rathman. Everyone is else Harbaugh brought in and would probably follow him to where ever he went.

Last edited:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/24/surgeon-prognosis-is-probably-good-for-dl-carradine/

To those of us without a medical degree it sounds a bit ominous: After not playing a snap as a rookie, 49ers defensive tackle Tank Carradine recently had a follow-up surgery to remove a mass of scar tissue from his surgically repaired right knee.

That complication – the development of scar tissue – is known as arthrofibrosis, which causes stiffness in the joint and can severely limit mobility. At the NFL combine last week, Jim Harbaugh said Carradine’s condition prevented him from fully straightening his right leg, but painted a rosy picture of the 2013 second-round pick’s future. Carradine sustained a torn ACL in November 2012 when he was at Florida State.

“He looks like a different guy now since that procedure,” Harbaugh said. “… I think he’s going to have a great offseason and look forward to his progress very, very much.”

Harbaugh, of course, isn’t a doctor, something he’s often reminded nosy reporters who ask questions about the status of his injured players. With that in mind, I contacted Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, an orthopedic surgeon at the Institute for Sports Sciences in Los Angeles.

Mandelbaum is also president of the Santa Monica Sports Foundation, which is studying ACL tears in the NFL. Among the collaborators on the project is the 49ers team physician, Dr. Tim McAdams, along with team physicians for the Giants, Rams and Browns.

So what could Carradine’s knee complication mean for his NFL future? Mandelbaum said Harbaugh’s optimism isn’t unfounded. Arthrofibrosis, while not common, can generally be resolved with proper treatment and aggressive rehabilitation. Mandelbaum stressed he was speaking in general terms because he didn’t have knowledge of Carradine’s condition.

“I wouldn’t say it’s routine, but when it occurs the team of surgeons will focus on it,” Mandelbaum said. “They’ll take care of it, clean up the scar tissue, take care of whatever manipulations they need and, at the end of all that, the prognosis is very good …

“In general, when you have a significant high-energy injury to the knee – an ACL (tear), an MCL – there’s a direct relationship between the severity of the injury and the amount of scar tissue that occurs. A simple injury? No chance of scar tissue. A more complicated injury. More scar tissue.”

If, indeed, Carradine’s prognosis is good, the 49ers can expect to finally receive a contribution from the No. 40 overall pick in last year’s draft. In 2013, Carradine began the season on the non-football injury list, was inactive for five games and was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 10.

Carradine is one of four players the 49ers have drafted since 2012 who had a serious injury when they were selected. Carradine, running back Marcus Lattimore (4th round, 2013), defensive lineman Quinton Dial (5th round, 2013) and guard Joe Looney (4th round, 2012) have played 90 snaps in five combined NFL seasons.

He did say that but no shot he accepts anything less than $15mil/year...

Kaep hasn't won a superbowl yet and thus, i don't think he can legitimately command a $15mil/year contract. don't get me wrong, i want kaep to stay but i think it'd be smarter for the niners to wait to see how next season unfolds.

if he can win the SB, then pay the man what he deserves.

Yo, I could only imagine how heated it got in that 2012 Draft War Room between Jim and Trent. Harbs prolly gave Trent, "you better come at me w/ knuckles" line
laugh.gif

Man, we just gotta stay the course. Obviously, the way the last 2 seasons ended there's mounting pressure on both Jim and Trent so there's gonna be "combustion".

Jim would put hands on Trent, but I get that feeling from Trent that he aint no punk either lol. 
pimp.gif
Both aint push overs and that's the reason we have this whole situation.

I wouldn't extend Kap unless we get extend Harbaugh first. 

Last edited:
niners would be smart to learn from the raiders' mistake when they let gruden walk, and sign harbaugh ASAP. wheels fell off that raider bus like it made by kia.

speaking of Chucky, Gruden to the Niners if Harbaugh splits???

I know I don't ever post in here, but this Jim vs Trent thing has me a little nervous. Jed needs to step in and be the leader in this. But if it comes down to it, let Trent go. Changing head coaches now will not be good. I feel like losing Harbaugh will be detrimental to the team. Trent is a huge part but Harbaugh is way more important imo...

I know I don't ever post in here, but this Jim vs Trent thing has me a little nervous. Jed needs to step in and be the leader in this. But if it comes down to it, let Trent go. Changing head coaches now will not be good. I feel like losing Harbaugh will be detrimental to the team. Trent is a huge part but Harbaugh is way more important imo...
man york is a straight sucka
never liked dude
always made dumb decisions
and always seemed sketchy and mad shady
we need eddie back in the drivers seat making decisions

Back
Top Bottom