:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it that he can't draft them or our coaches didn't know how to utilize them? For example, Is Bruce Ellington a waste because Harbaugh and Roman exclusively used him in end arounds or jet sweeps?

Because the consensus around here is that the offensive side was incredibly incompetent and before I come to any conclusions with the offensive players I would look at the context in which they were utilized ie you don't run power with LMJ or screens with Antbony Dixon. Something is incredibly wrong there to begin with.

Last edited:
If it were up to me? Baalke would go, no doubt. This is no slight at red80 red80 because I think he knows way more than a lot of us do but he told us which guys were going to be studs and which ones were going to be duds. He's been pretty spot on with that. In turn, that lets me know Baalke has missed on wayyyyy too many picks. The entire 2012 draft and 2/3 of the 2013 draft. Red needs to put in his application but I'm afraid Jed would treat him like **** for being good.

I don't think
Is it that he can't draft them or our coaches didn't know how to utilize them? For example, Is Bruce Ellington a waste because Harbaugh and Roman exclusively used him in end arounds or jet sweeps?

Because the consensus around here is that the offensive side was incredibly incompetent and before I come to any conclusions with the offensive players I would look at the context in which they were utilized. You don't run power with LMJ or screens with Antbony Dixon. Something is incredibly wrong there to begin with.

Good point. IMO, A.J Jenkins, LMJ, and Vance were not good picks and were gonna be buns regardless.

Will be interesting to see the development of QP and Bruce next year....which will be the telling point of how good (or bad) Trent is at drafting skilled position players.

Last edited:
The comments by Harbaughs son were supposedly hacked. Not sure if I believe that though in all honesty

Hacked is always the cop out when social media criticism arises. At this point, what does it matter what his son has to say about the organization? They're already gone and never coming back.

Please stay away from WRs in the early rounds

I'm content with having Boldin/Stevie/QP/Ellington

With an offensive minded coach I think this WR can make something happen

baalke has hit paydirt in the draft on defense: aldon, bowman, borland, lynch, reid, culliver (at times). but how much of those players' success comes from the fact that fangio and tomsula know how to use them effectively.

offensively, he hasn't been terribel either, brining in Kaep, miller, hyde, and hunter. don't get me wrong, wasting picks on jenkins, lmj and lattimore stings, but if we had an OC who knew how to utilize his players (like ellington and stevie), we'd all be lauding baalke for being a genius.

Lol. Couldn't be any further from the truth.

Our best players on defense this year were brought in by Baalke in the offseason.

Just one example: Antoine Bethea.

My fault. I was referring to drafting. Unless you still believe in Kaep also.

Kap will be fine my opinion. Even though I was much more confident in his season he took over starter. Dude had no hitch in his delivery and seemed to be finding the correct guy. Randy Moss running those deep digs did wonders for Kap.

We need a replacement for Eric Reid, he's a walking concussion waiting to happen and it showed this season.

I expect big things from StevieJ.

Our special teams was awful this year something which used to be a strength. Boobie was definitely missed.

I've been as harsh on Kap as anyone on here, and I believe he can be salvaged by the right coach.

****** Miss Jim already

Offense may have been weak AF but he got everybody inspired not just the players, the whole entire fanbase.

I'm excited for football season regardless but he definitely got me hype the last 4 years.

Last edited:
Man I'm really anxious to see what our team does next
The front office better have some clear plan in mind

So Montana and Steve Young vouching for Shannahan idk about that especially after his last stint in DC you might as well bring in Holmgren

Not gonna be shannahan he's going to Chicago. He is the one who drafted cutler.

Niners will probably end up with mora or mcdaniels.

You don't want holmgren due to the fact that he's been 8 years removed from coaching.

Why is Mora getting a look? Has any belichick assistant been a sucessful coach?

IMO Fangio earned the HC job this year 

Why is Mora getting a look? Has any belichick assistant been a sucessful coach?

IMO Fangio earned the HC job this year 

Mora is getting a look because he was once part of the niners. He's helped turn UCLA around and whom else out there do you really want? Who can help motivate the team? Mora is that kind of a guy to talk to his team and talk to the media. Mike smith? Mark tresman? dennis Allen?

IMO all those coaches got fired in order to help better the franchises. The niners did the opposite, they just help their team get worse.

Back
Top Bottom