:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's based on the rotation of playing every NFC division along with the order of the standings from previous season.

So for example, last year NFC West and NFC East all played each other which explains last year's game and the reasoning for this year's game is b/c Giants and 49ers finished in 3rd place in their divisions last year.

All the other years going back to Harbaugh's first season w/ 49ers, the Giants either just happened to finish in same order in their division as 49ers or they were on that rotation of playing the NFC East.

Same reason, the Patriots, Colts and Broncos always been playing each other every single year for last 5 years: b/c they've all been in 1st place in their division each previous year.
thank you for clearing this up for me i was mad confused

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/12/best-players-at-every-position-for-week-5/

BEST PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION FOR WEEK 5

Edge rushers: Aaron Lynch, 49ers (+7.3) 

But where are the sacks? Simple, sacks aren’t everything. Indeed, Lynch was nearly unstoppable, recording a crazy four hits and eight additional hurries as he got familiar with Eli Manning. 

Fullback: Bruce Miller, 49ers (+1.5)

It hasn’t been the best start to the year for Miller, but the 2011 seventh-rounder found his top form with a strong effort on Sunday Night Football.

Last edited:
Tiller looked solid on Sunday. This coaching staff would be idiots to have Devey start and play the entire game this Sunday.

Hey Red, obviously Kap played better on Sunday than in the last 2 weeks combined. But analysts like Tim Ryan were saying part of his mediocre play was caused by his receivers not getting separation. If that really is the case why haven't they run more rub routes to free up a guy like Ellington or Patton?

Hey Red, obviously Kap played better on Sunday than in the last 2 weeks combined. But analysts like Tim Ryan were saying part of his mediocre play was caused by his receivers not getting separation. If that really is the case why haven't they run more rub routes to free up a guy like Ellington or Patton?

Also, it seems like for the plays where they get open the way they drew it up or if Kap is running around looking for open WR, the receivers are never continuing to move around even if play is broken up or routes don't leave them open.

They just seem to stop and stand there after they run their routes and just like "well shucks, we didn't get open" and kanye shrug.

Russ Wilson and Seahawks seem to have this down to a tee where even if the original play doesn't develop, at least the receivers start moving around to get in any open space and give Russ a chance to throw to them.

Annoys me to death seeing defenses chase Russ around and he is seemingly always able to make a completion even if it's just for minimal yards b/c his receivers kept roaming around trying to be open but can't recall any of 49ers receivers doing that on regular basis.

I was thinking the same on a play where Tiller was in there and Kap had LOADS of time and a great pocket yet no one could get open. I forget what the result of the play was but I think it may have been a throw away or he took off running for a few yards

i cant really speak on it unless i saw an all-22, but that primarily goes back to play calling and play design;I have absolutely seen some rub/cross routes, tho. i vividly remember the 49ers running a couple "mesh route" concepts last game, which are intersecting routes across the middle of the field

i wish we could incorporate more WCO. teams are playing soooo much man(a lot of man-under or cover 1) against us. kap needs to start making these ************* pay for that ****. play with reckless abandon and let that **** RIP. there are plays to be made. he needs to stop hesitating and being tentative.

as far as wide receivers not trying to get open on broken plays, every team practices the scramble drills, and it is the responsibility of the WR to flow to the eyes of the QB on scramble plays. kap just isn't seeing them on most plays.

Last edited:
I wonder if part of the problem is kaep not keeping his eyes down field and focused on the rush. after a few okay they feel as if they're open and don't get a touch they start to get lazy. could just be frustration getting to them

I really hope that's not what it is though

imo, i think the problem between WRs and kap is that kap having trust issues. Idk if its with the WRs or with himself, but he's not throwing the ball until he clearly sees them open, rather than leading the ball to a spot his WR will be at.

especially in the NFL, the windows are so small that he has to trust the play to be there.

Last edited:
yup, kap simply doesn't anticipate throws. whether that's derived from lack of confidence in himself or his teammates is unknown, but the issue is obvious. kap has to see the opening before he throws it. this is the NFL, and he better learn to throw people open or his *** will be competing with Nate Davis soon.

BTW isn't it a trip that Kaepernick is the same age as Nate Davis??? Nate Davis is 28 and Kap will be 28 in 3 weeks. This dude aint no spring chicken!!

damn i always end up delelting **** when i edit on my phone 

Last edited:
so your saying he turned into Alex Smith :lol:

seriously though I agree. you can't always wait for your guy to get open. You gotta be able to trust your defensive read and your receiver to get to the spot

yup, kap simply doesn't anticipate throws. whether that's derived from lack of confidence in himself or his teammates is unknown, but the issue is obvious. kap has to see the opening before he throws it. this is the NFL, and he better learn to throw people open or his *** will be competing with Nate Davis soon.

BTW isn't it a trip that Kaepernick is the same age as Nate Davis??? Nate Davis is 28 and Kap will be 28 in 3 weeks. This dude aint no spring chicken!!

damn i always end up delelting **** when i edit on my phone 

Damn, I was aware of Kap's age but didn't realize Nate Davis was still that "young" since he came out in 2009 so figured he was older.

Trippy. And that goes for all pro athletes in general with how some players come into the league at 20-21 years old and are "savvy veterans" when they're 26-27 while other players don't break into league til they're like 23-24 and barely burst on the scene and before you know it, they're 30 and "old" :lol:

imo, i think the problem between WRs and kap is that kap having trust issues. Idk if its with the WRs or with himself, but he's not throwing the ball until he clearly sees them open, rather than leading the ball to a spot his WR will be at.

especially in the NFL, the windows are so small that he has to trust the play to be there.

watching Dalton complete passes in tight coverage and leading wrs to the ball against the Seahawks this past sunday, I couldn't help but hope that some day kaep would get that nailed down. that second half on sunday was promising but then again, the pass rush from nyg was non existent. dalton was facing heavy pressure almost every down

Just let him continue to throw the slot fade to Anquan. Anquan is a guy who rarely can beat guys vertically but if you play press on him good luck dude is too physical.

Last edited:
Just let him continue to throw the slot fade to Anquan. Anquan is a guy who rarely can beat guys vertically but if you play press on him good luck dude is too physical.

I can't recall a wide receiver who has ever played as physical as anquan, nor can I recall a time in which he's simply run out of bounds after a pass. once he catches the ball, he's like a safety trapped in a receiver's body, just looking for contact. I wish we could say the same for VD.

Q really is a tight end playing WR.

Speaking of physical WRs, I forgot how physical TO was. I went back to watch some highlights and I forgot how damn tough dude was on the field. Not only was dude physical as ****, but he was damn fast.

Last edited:
Q really is a tight end playing WR.

Speaking of physical WRs, I forgot how physical TO was. I went back to watch some highlights and I forgot how damn tough dude was on the field. Not only was dude physical as ****, but he was damn fast.

TO's stiffarm was vicious but there came a point where he stopped going over the middle of the field or running those slant routes that were easy first downs for him

that Garcia-TO connection though :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom