:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cam InmanVerified account  ‏@CamInman   2h2 hours ago

#49ers Jim Tomsula says no changes to offensive line "at this time" other than rotating RGs, different formations
harlfip.0.gif

Unbelievable. What in the world is this coaching staff thinking?! They've seen the proof that the O-line is garbage, yet they are still rotating guards?

Do you think this is a call from management or the coaching staff? So freaking stupid.

Circus over in Santa Clara :smh:

Nothing good yet has come out of that city since moving.

To think, I use to believe it would be decent given the space, still have traffic jams ****.

Like the stadium itself though, they just need something to shade it.

sadly the best thing in santa clara continues to be great america

how many hundred million did that county's residents shell out for Jed to present a product people didn't even want for free on twitter??

Last edited:

how many hundred million did that county's residents shell out for Jed to present a product people didn't even want for free on twitter??
boiling crab > 49ers and levis stadium 
tired.gif

boiling crab > 49ers and levis stadium |I

:lol: just a few seasons ago I used to go to boiling crab to celebrate niners' wins in the playoffs. now I go to boiling crab to eat off losing.

but to be real, kickin crab in sj> boiling crab. better taste, no line, and cheaper

Just waiting on these SBLs to be dirt cheap [emoji]128064[/emoji]. Front row seats to watch my boy goff bring us back [emoji]128514[/emoji].

Last edited:
This defense is coached so poorly it's ridiculous. Fangio was obviously the best DC we've had since Seifert, but we haven't had a defense so poorly coached since Bill Davis in 2005. There's literally a blown assignment on every play.

Last edited:
Red, you mentioned before the defensive personnel just isn't accustomed to the schemes of Mangini. Would this then be a lack of front office/coaching staff cohesion or communication? If Mangini is supposed to be Mangenius and be a great DC shouldn't Baalke go out to sign and draft guys that fit the schemes?

The secondary fits his scheme, but the LBs(bow and wilhoite) need to be a little faster for all the coverages Mangini utilizes(i.e. Tampa 2 where the lbs drop to deep middle zones).

The players are more than sufficient tho. Fangio would have this defense middle of the road at the very least. There's a lot of talent on the defensive side. These guys just aren't prepared. They aren't being coached up to know their assignments in and out. So many guys not being in their zones, guys not letting wide receivers pass through their zones and over pursuing, not playing to adequate depth on your zones, etc the guys just look confused and undisciplined.There's a lot of guys throwing their hands up after plays because they're like "wtf man you were supposed to do this and that". That goes back to coaching and having your guys ready to go.

Last edited:
The secondary fits his scheme, but the LBs(bow and wilhoite) need to be a little faster for all the coverages Mangini utilizes(i.e. Tampa 2 where the lbs drop to deep middle zones).

The players are more than sufficient tho. Fangio would have this defense middle of the road at the very least. There's a lot of talent on the defensive side. These guys just aren't prepared. They aren't being coached up to know their assignments in and out. So many guys not being in their zones, guys not letting wide receivers pass through their zones and over pursuing, not playing to adequate depth on your zones, etc the guys just look confused and undisciplined.There's a lot of guys throwing their hands up after plays because they're like "wtf man you were supposed to do this and that". That goes back to coaching and having your guys ready to go.
It's coaching and mismanaging talent. 

no ****

this is just ONE SMALL EXAMPLE OF the type of **** im talking about

r8h07n0d8sfpc1izg.jpg

49ers are in cover 3

bethea is supposed to cover the curl and flat underneath zone(between 30 yd line and 40 yd line ON the numbers). 

bethea is supposed to account for that zone on the bottom right corner . instead, he travels to the deep third and leaves his assignment.

NOW HOW THE **** DO I KNOW FOR SURE WHAT COVERAGE AND WHO MISSED THE AIGNMENT? BECAUSE TRAMAINE BROCK IS:

1.) EYES ON THE QB and NOT the WR infront of him. THIS MEANS ITS ZONE COVERAGE

2.) HE'S USING BAIL TECHNIQUE w/ OUTSIDE LEVERAGE , WHICH MEANS HE'S BAILING TO HIS ZONE, SQUEEZING EVERYTHING INSIDE AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS INFRONT OF HIM. HENCE, THE DEEP THIRD IS HIS ASSIGNMENT

3.) WHICH MEANS THE UNDERNEATH ZONE IS BETHEAS BECAUSE REID HAS THE MIDDLE DEEP THIRD

the result: 2 guys cover 1 WR and another WR is wide open underneath

easy throw for wilson to a wide open receiver

this is BAD coaching. it is the coaches job to make sure these guys soundly understand their assignments on the play calls.

HarbaughRage.gif

Last edited:
watching that gif allows you to see how many men are running free through the zone without a defender a within 5-8 yards. whoever ran that post route was WIDE OPEN. if Wilson had some protection, that's an easy 20+ yard completion.

I've never played organized football before, but if I'm a WR and a defense is doing this a majority of the game, no way in hell i'm not breaking at least one receiving record.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom