:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would Eddie D even want to be part of day to day operations again?
this is from last year

Eddie DeBartolo Jr. still fancies NFL return in 'the right situation'

However, DeBartolo has never completely abandoned his dream of running another NFL franchise, and he insists that, should an enticing opportunity present itself, he and some of his similarly wealthy and motivated friends might call an all-out blitz.

"If it was the right team and the right situation -- sure, I'd try to get back in," DeBartolo said Tuesday. "There's a group of guys that I've talked about teaming up with, and we could put something together. I'm enjoying the (post-football) life that I have, but you never know."
i think a role like Jerry West of the Warriors would be perfect. He could work from a remote location and travel out here when needed.

uncle eddie was on hand for the NFCC in 2012. I think he still has that fire inside of him

this is the best move jed can make to begin the long road of making things right. 

Last edited:
Did Eddie D really have mob ties? Red will you educate us? I'm intrigued.

open the video @33:10

BRING BACK UNCLE EDDIE, JED. There's nothing else he could do that would breathe life back into the organization like bringing back Mr. D. This would be the beginning of repairing his relationship with the fanbase.

Who better to help guide Jed in the rebuilding of this organization than his hero, uncle Eddie? Eddie would help him restructure the front office and get football people in the building to do their job(ala Carmen Policy, John McVay, etc) It would be wins across the board on all levels.

Last edited:
ridiculous, about to ruin his career :smh:

just let Hayne get some reps to feel comfortable in the back field.

not sure why some of you guys are so ride or die with kap. He is who he is.
Does he have a lot of potential? yes, but that's all he will ever be. There are plenty of other players who have huge ceilings that never even come close to it.

So again, not sure why you guys single out kap as that one guy who will over come all his flaws and be 'elite'.
Legit question, but is it because he is relatable?

I wonder if Quan and Smith and voiced their opinions about Kap?

This team frustrates so much. I even played Madden online using Gabbert
mean.gif
 (I wouldn't advise that btw
laugh.gif
)

Dumb. He's already ineffective yet you're still putting him out there?

Because the coaching staff probably feels they're already on the hot seat, so they're willing to play injured players to get a victory here and there to salvage their fate. Without Hyde we most likely lose this week, with him we still probably lose this week. :lol:

IMO we need a complete team rebuild. Our most dependable WR is old & slow, the speed perimeter guys are only just that, secondary is extremely shaky, no pass rush besides Aaron & the offense stinks. On top of that the coaching staff is terrible.

Am I the only one that feels this way? We will only win games if we're lucky at this point. SMH

Worked his *** off doing what? Hang cleans and curls? I dont give a **** about what he did in the weight room. His deficiency is quarterbacking 101. Instead of being in Florida doing stupid **** like taking "#thirsttrapthursday" IG pictures and allegedly raping *******, he should've been working with a QB guru on his deficiencies: QB fundamentals/technique, analyzing/deciphering coverage and learning how to use his eyes to manipulate the coverage.

Regarding that final play of the Bears game, Kap said this: 
 Kaepernick said, “They had Cover 3, we got the look we wanted, we just have to make that play.”
EXCEPT THIS ISNT ******* COVER 3 YOU STUPID **** KAP

This is his third NFL season and he has shown insubstantial progression and growth as a NFL quarterback. He is sooooooooooo inconsistent it's ridiculous. Russell Wilson's development as a QB has surpassed Kap by a substantial amount. Ive been giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but  were halfway through the season and dude looks like he spends more time at the barber drawing up stupid **** to put in his hair than in the film room. The reason QBs get paid the way they do is because the best QBs in the game carry their team when they need them the most and this dude Kap is missing wide open receivers on crucial third downs or throwing horribly placed balls on potential game-winning TDs.

I keep it 100 and try to be as objective as possible with all of our guys. I am calling it how I see it. Kap can do some amazing **** like jump throws and across the body throws, but he severely struggles executing the most basic, essential aspects of quarterbacking. Havent even mentioned his condescending, snide demeanor he socially exhibits.

If this team wins anything its because Trent Baalke added some solid, young players and Fangio is the best damn DC in the NFL.
The ironic part is this post was from LAST YEAR, but it is 100% APPLICABLE TO THIS SEASON

Last edited:
Does he have a lot of potential? yes, but that's all he will ever be. There are plenty of other players who have huge ceilings that never even come close to it.

So again, not sure why you guys single out kap as that one guy who will over come all his flaws and be 'elite'.
I am definitely not ride or die with him, but I think the reason why is because we have all see how good he can be.  I know people have short term memories, but Kap is responsible for most of the best Niner memories we have had since the massive comeback against the Giants in the Wildcard game in 2003.  2003!

Kaep is just way too inconsistent.
I dont think you can develop vision, and leadership. You either have it or you don't.

Yes, he has won us some big games, but we havent won the big one with him at the helm.

Sure our o line sucks, but even with a competent one he didn't deliver, and still had trouble with vision and commanding the offense.

I am not saying Gabbert is better, but we should start exploring other options imo. Especially if we dont go oline men early in next years draft.

I'm not ride or die with Kap, he is who he is. We've all seen how good he could've been, but it's time to give somebody else chance to let us see how good they can be.

I am definitely not ride or die with him, but I think the reason why is because we have all see how good he can be.  I know people have short term memories, but Kap is responsible for most of the best Niner memories we have had since the massive comeback against the Giants in the Wildcard game in 2003.  2003!

no doubt. Kap was/is a very exciting talent. However, I'm not going to hold my breath for him to regain that form unless something drastic happens in terms of coaching.

thought this was interesting. Especially from harbaugh's crew.
None of us understood the mass firing of an extremely talented coaching staff, but we watched talented coaches sign elsewhere and 49ers players retiring in droves. Nonetheless, we did what fans do, we freaked out but continued to stand by our team and hope for the best.

It turns out the coaching staff departures reflect further in this story. One of Harbaugh's assistant coaches fired by Baalke and York recently came forward to Niners Nation. In short, he stated the offensive coaching staff wholeheartedly believed Kaepernick could get better after Super 47. They believed him to be everything fans hoped. But, after working with Kaepernick in the two seasons following the Super Bowl, they felt Kaepernick's production had peaked. He further stated, "it wasn't that Kaepernick couldn't read or couldn't make the throws, but he lacked the ability to trust his receivers to be there before he could see them." The explanation was not good enough for Jed York and Trent Baalke who felt the 49ers' downward spiral was not a result of personnel, but rather, coaching deficits.

This leaves the organization in a bad position. The 49ers have not yet benched their starting quarterback, but seemingly have no faith in that quarterback. Half a season removed from the last coaching staff, the 49ers front office seems to be getting the same story it got from former coaches. The old coaching staff got a whole lot more out of Kaepernick, and now things are spinning out of control.

something we've already discussed, but SMH at this team

Last edited:
Question, with all these reports that Kap is a "loner" in the locker room, has any player came out and defended him? I know Tomsula did but I don't recall any player saying these reports are false, etc.

I've defended Kap for the most part, but if these type of reports are coming out and none of your teammates try to shoot them down, you've lost that locker room already IMO. It's time for a change, maybe not in season, but for damn sure next season.

It turns out the coaching staff departures reflect further in this story. One of Harbaugh's assistant coaches fired by Baalke and York recently came forward to Niners Nation. In short, he stated the offensive coaching staff wholeheartedly believed Kaepernick could get better after Super 47. They believed him to be everything fans hoped. But, after working with Kaepernick in the two seasons following the Super Bowl, they felt Kaepernick's production had peaked. He further stated, "it wasn't that Kaepernick couldn't read or couldn't make the throws, but he lacked the ability to trust his receivers to be there before he could see them." The explanation was not good enough for Jed York and Trent Baalke who felt the 49ers' downward spiral was not a result of personnel, but rather, coaching deficits.
I hate to say this, but I side with Jed and Trent on this one.This is ********. it's tired and old. How many god damn receivers does this bum need? Is it just a coincidence that every receiver that comes to SF comes to have their career die?

Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Mario Manningham, Stevie Johnson, Bradon Lloyd

Those are just a handful of WRs from the last 2 seasons.

This is a joke. Are you telling me Baldwin and Kearse are better than those guys? Crabtree looks pretty damn good in Oakland with a stud like Carr throwing him the ball(I even posted this would happen). Torrey comes here and he's rendered useless. i didn't even mention the young guys with potential who never get opportunities because their QB doens't know how to throw people open, anticipate throwing windows, place balls accurately, and can't consistently see the field.

This fanbase is going to be furious when Bruce Ellington goes to the Patriots in a couple years and balls the **** out.

Last edited:
I know this has been talked about in this thread already, but our front office needs to make Alex Mack a priority in the offseason.  I mean, if we signed him, what is a glaring weakness on our team could instantly become a strength.

Staley - Boone - Mack - Kilgore - Davis

Look me in the eyes and tell me that lineup right there wouldn't instantly be in the upper echelon of offensive lines in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom