:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm rootin for the kid. Hopefully it manifests into a Steve young Rich Gannon like career.

Very optimistic I know. But seriously everybody was calling for Dalton's head and he's an MVP candidate this year. NFL is crazy.

Last edited:
i know BG was only 5-22 at the jags..but then again, any rookie QB would have done just as poorly. outside of MJD, who was on the downside of his career, that team was talent deficient as ever.

nevertheless, why did he develop such a poor reputation early on? i figure, if alex smith could turn around his career after 4 or 5 seasons, I don't see why blaine gabbert couldn't. and he only played 2.

I wanna not believe in Gabbert, But im lovin the optimism in here 
pimp.gif

Yall makin me think otherwise

he had to learn 3 different offenses in Jacksonville with the coaching turn over, and he's been riddled with injuries. His path has been very similar to Alex's.

Remember, this guy was brought in by Harbaugh. Harbaugh obviously saw something he liked in him. Maybe that one season working with Harbaugh did wonders for him and helped him find himself as a QB.

Last edited:
Its crazy how he is only 26. Kap like 30 already and cant read a defense to save his life. If im not mistaken didnt they come out the same year.

i know BG was only 5-22 at the jags..but then again, any rookie QB would have done just as poorly. outside of MJD, who was on the downside of his career, that team was talent deficient as ever.

nevertheless, why did he develop such a poor reputation early on? i figure, if alex smith could turn around his career after 4 or 5 seasons, I don't see why blaine gabbert couldn't. and he only played 2.
Dude was actually always dealing with injuries there in Jacksonville. But in the NFL 27 games is a big enough sample size for a team to conclude your not the guy.

With that being said though he was the youngest starting QB of all time at one point I believe. I gotta look that up. But I remember when he entered the draft he was 21.

Edit: youngest QB ever to start 12 plus games.

Last edited:
It didnt matter if they had andrew luck, during that time there was nothing that could save the jacksonville.

Gabbert showing the world what the #10 pick is about to become :pimp:

As fans we all know that we have talent on offense... It was just the case of being utilize the right way by the QB/Coaches

Btwz they gotta let the boy El Deuce shine out there... Simpson looking like VD out there :smh:

one more thing that will fly under the radar: gabbert was calling out and adjusting the line protections today. i heard a couple "ringos" out there before the snap, which means slide the protection to the right.

something kap can't do.

Last edited:
one more thing that will fly under the radar: gabbert was calling out and adjusting the line protections today. i heard a couple "ringos" out there before the snap, which means slide the protection to the right.

something kap can't do.

this. Gabbert did a lot better than I thought, he wasn't captain checkdown.

All I can say is remember he was playing with nothing to lose, similar to how kap first played when he replaced Alex. I'll hold judgement until after a couple games. I am impressed though, he looked better than kap has, especially the adjustments presnap.

Loved his emotion when he was told he had to sit out to get his concussion test

He was a hell of a lot more commanding than Kaep. He just let it rip while I think Kaep just plain overthinks which clouds everything he should be paying attention to.

I hope Gabbert can finally live up to his 10th OVERALL selection...I was at the game today and man did the falcons fans come in there talking so much trash and think they Could get their revenge from the nfc championship... the faces when they kicked that field goal on 4th and 1 dumbfounded the falcon fans in my section haha i easily thought they would go for it especially since they have that stud freeman.. btw julio and freeman live was LIT talented dudes

Did the crowd boo Kap when he came into the game? I couldn't hear because my daughter was sleeping lol.

Bow will regain his form. My brother had a similar injury in high school. It takes a year or two to destroy all the scar tissue in the knee and regain mobility.

Kaepernick done in San Francisco, virtually certain not to return in 2016

The benching of 49ers  quarterback Colin Kaepernick  this week has only heightened the frayed relationship between him and the upper management of the team and created a climate in which it is virtually certain he is not back in San Francisco in 2016, according to team and league sources.

Trust between the player -- viewed as a franchise quarterback and potential superstar when leading the team to the Super Bowl  just three years ago -- and the organization has eroded to the point where any cosmetic attempts to rebuild bridges are essentially a lost cause, and the prospect of Kaepernick actually playing there next season are viewed as a non-starter.

Kaepernick has not asked for a trade, though the 49ers were among the clubs who were open to dealing pretty much anyone on their roster before Tuesday's deadline, including their quarterback, according to league sources. His benching this week, for Blaine Gabbert, has further polarized the locker room, sources said, and several of Kaepernick's teammates believe he would ask for a trade or his release rather than stay with the 49ers next year.

Short of Gabbert getting hurt, Kaepernick rallying the 49ers on an improbable playoff run and him hitting key salary triggers in his contract -- a scenario beyond remote -- those close to the situation cannot fathom him being back there next season, when he would make upwards of $15 million in 2016, and even that end result would far from assure the sides would want to proceed together.

Kaepernick's 2016 salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster come April 1, and many close to this situation anticipate a resolution coming at the February scouting combine, where many major trades are finalized (including the 49ers deal that sent former starter Alex Smith, who lost his job to Kaepernick, to Kansas City for draft picks in 2013).

Several teams said privately they had interest in Kaepernick prior to Tuesday's deadline, though the intricacies of his contract and $20-million cap hit in 2015 made any deal at that time tricky to execute. Trading the quarterback in 2016 triggers just a $7-million cap hit for the 49ers, who have abundant space in rebuilding mode.

Kaepernick's tenure with the team has become so divisive -- he's viewed as a favorite of former coach Jim Harbaugh, who had a very public falling out with owner Jed York -- and issues between player and club have become so personal that any long-term resolution is basically a moot point, with the situation essentially beyond repair.

With Kap gone, we will have 50* million in cap space. you start looking at impact free agents like Von Miller, Muhammed Wilkerson, Alex Mack, etc

a few impact free agents coupled with a good draft. this wont take long to turn around if we can get this right.

Last edited:
We'll end up having signings like Wright, Dockett etc with all that space :lol:

It'll be an interesting off season for sure

you add a free agent like von miller or muhammad wilkerson and draft a guy like jaylon smith. how different does the defense look? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom