:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Down 16 with 3 minutes left and you still punt the ball ?

I was with supporting tomsula but im done .. f this fool .. erick dickerson was buns but this is beyond stupid... atleast when singletary suckd there was some fire and intensity
did you mean Dennis Erickson?

:lol:
There was no excuse for that defensive performance... ************* were just refusing to put effort into tackling.
Wilhoite had Rawls on one where he just kinda stood there and let him get the 1st :stoneface:

wilhoite is the ******* sorriest excuse of any human being his size. that dumb *** ***** had rawls on that easy check down pass that should have been limited to a 3 yard gain but instead turned into a 25+ yard td. did hodges get benched on the strength of that ugly *** haircut he had?

roll.gif

im counting on arians having his squad ready to destroy us next week. another embarrassing game will hopefully hammer that final nail in this coaching staff's coffin.

i like gabbert's demeanor, especially at the post-game conference. dude sounded like a qb and a leader at the podium.

Last edited:
So boys, I have a question... If Blaine continues to impress and QB isn't a need in the first round, where do we go? Defense or Offense?

Obviously with a top 5 pick we are looking for an instant starter... So what is our weakest position?

Safety with Reid/Tartt seem like a lock... CBs with Brock, Johnson, Acker, Reaser, Ward, Cromartie look pretty stable to me

Linebackers with Bowman/Lynch seem like a lock... Brooks is aging and not really a fan of Wilhoite (Havent seen much with Harold and Hodges)

Dline with Armstead/Williams/Carradine/Dial seem like the only stable ones

On offense, hopefully AD does indeed come back because RT is a joke as of now... Then if they keep the line intact it'll look like Staley/Boone/Kilgore/Tiller or Martin/Davis which seems legit to me

WRs are good with Torrey/Patton/Ellington/White

RBs can possibly look like Hyde/Draughn/Davis

Defense definitely seems like the weak side of the team... Hopefully LB or Dline help is available where that player can make an immediate impact

So boys, I have a question... If Blaine continues to impress and QB isn't a need in the first round, where do we go? Defense or Offense?

it really throws a wrench in everything 
sick.gif
 we're going to draft a QB, but where we take one will depend on how gabbert plays from here on out.

the guy is playing so well that is its kind of putting us in a precarious situation. however, this guy was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school, and the 10th overall pick in his draft. the dude OBVIOUSLY is no bum.

insert gabbert and vance mcdonald comes to the life wtf

d5599ae0ba02bfa7d5becd69c59ecae4.gif

184bdbc6546b9a6b8871cd81b1f2320a.gif

Last edited:
one of the beat writers got a shot of jed during the game

bwahahaha. he has that look like, "damn, i really ****** up this time. i mean i really, really ****** up". 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Gabbert looked good. Not too upset with the L got in on 49ers over 12.5 for a hundred Bucks also. Seahawks a much better team.

Man i remember watching gabby with the jags, dude was so bad, couldnt set his feet, inaccurate throws...glad he's been able to redeem himself.

it really throws a wrench in everything 
sick.gif
 we're going to draft a QB, but where we take one will depend on how gabbert plays from here on out.

the guy is playing so well that is its kind of putting us in a precarious situation. however, this guy was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school, and the 10th overall pick in his draft. the dude OBVIOUSLY is no bum.

insert gabbert and vance mcdonald comes to the life wtf
Gabbert making McDonald look like Brent Jones out here
sick.gif

So maybe McDonald can only catch precise passes with some touch? lol.

I like what you're sayinga about Gabbert. He obviously isn't a bum and is a capable QB. I'd like for him to stay since he's still young and that O-line.

He looked composed and threw to Torrey Smith! I'm happy with his progress in two games.

But, still bummed how the Niners couldn't takle anyone and made Rawls look real good.

Like when Lloyd Christmas traded the van for the scooter. Totally redeemed himself.

:lol: *cue the "sick reference bro" gif*

Blaine looked poised in the pocket, especially when it collapsed. Kap's happy feet would have resulted in at least 4-5 more sacks.

Here's the caveat though, even if BG plays out of his mind, I still think we go with QB if we have a top 3 pick. As sexy as it would be to have another patrick willis type player on defense, I'll take the potential of drafting a franchise QB over any other position any day. QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning have shown that they can take a crap defense and oline and still manage to win games, consistently.

yea what if gabbert ends up like kaep once ppl figure out his weaknesses. Rather get goff and let him sit and learn. Use all that cash to make the O/D -Line better

laugh.gif
*cue the "sick reference bro" gif*

Blaine looked poised in the pocket, especially when it collapsed. Kap's happy feet would have resulted in at least 4-5 more sacks.

Here's the caveat though, even if BG plays out of his mind, I still think we go with QB if we have a top 3 pick. As sexy as it would be to have another patrick willis type player on defense, I'll take the potential of drafting a franchise QB over any other position any day. QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning have shown that they can take a crap defense and oline and still manage to win games, consistently.
Agreed, I think they have to go QB.

Goff will be Romo esque fellas. So myself i think we end up top 3 Goff has to be the guy. I'm a believer.

He has a bonehead mistake in him every single game though.

Gabbert will be a starter somewhere next year though no doubt in my mind.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree bro about the bonehead mistakes. That Cal team is trash. Is there another pro on that team aside from Goff?? I feel like Goff is overcompensating for his trash supporting cast, which has led to some turn overs. I've watched every Cal game this year, and I've witnessed too many WRs dropping balls right in their hands and running putrid routes in a system that revolves around timing routes. Guys running comeback routes with no comeback/ Goff is singlehandedly carrying that team. The line bad, and despite being constantly under duress, Goff has remained one of the most accurate QBs in College football.

Despite getting rid of the ball on average in 2.28 seconds (33rd of 130 qualifying QBs in FBS), Goff’s offensive line has surrendered 52 total pressures in five games. He’s been sacked 12 times. He is under duress more than most quarterbacks but is as accurate as almost any of them. This is the key to both Goff’s grade and the Cal offense. They rely on him being able to reliably hit his targets and move the chains, and then strike over the top to keep teams honest.

As far as the tony romo comparison, I don't see it. Romo doesn't have the same type of pocket presence that Goff does. Goff's fundamentals(footwork, poise, vision, release) are elite in the pocket. If I had to compare him, he looks like he'd be a Manning brother.

And Gabbert has a year left on his contract, so he should definitely be here next season.

Last edited:
I was more so saying Romo like Stats are what I see him achieving in the league.

And I am nitpicking when I say bonehead mistake. He's had some balls sail on him this year but his ability to make the rare throw with All the touch in the world. More than makes up for it.

Last edited:
one thing that stands out while gabbert has been starting is how well the ball is being spread around. from QP to even Vance, everyone has had touches or targets. so glad to see the fallacy of kap not having weapons be put to rest. dude has had weapons in his entire career, yet he has consistently failed to utilize them.

Those deep shots to bruce ellington were so refreshing. hopefully we continue to see more of those.

Last edited:
receivers gotta be glad to finally be seeing the ball come their way :lol:

it was nice seeing Gabbert go through progressions, look off the defense and show poise in the pocket. Very fundamentally sound, which is refreshing for a change

Back
Top Bottom