Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Screw the PPT. They are killing me. Every time I get a bit of hope they bite me in the you know what.

What's PPT stand for?

Also Dey Know Yayo I went to the Cambridge Investment Conference in Vancouver this weekend (last day is today) and it was pretty informative. What is your takeon Junior Mining companies, do you have any that you like? Some companies I like are Silvercorp (SVM.TO), Copper Fox (CUU.V), Great Basin Gold (GBG), CGAMining (CGA.TO), Baja Mining (BAJ.TO), Brett Resources (BBR.V) and San Gold Corp (SGR.V)

What are your opinions on John Embry and Peter Spina?

PPT stands for Plunge Protection Team, check it out on wikipedia. Its basically the government, treasury, fed etc, and how they intervene/prop up the marketwhen the market begins to drop. This prevents the market from penetrating important levels of technical support (which would entice panic selling). There aresome interesting articles out there about the PPT on google.

SPG releases earnings on 1/30. Will watch it tomorrow for opportunity to short. Whatcha think DKY?

Oh, BTW.

Earnings.

SPG- 1/30
PSA-2/7
BXP-1/28
EQR-2/5
PLD-2/10
HCP-2/10
PCL-2/2
KIM-2/5
AVB-2/4
HCN2/23
KNO-2/24

PPT exists but they don't operate on a daily basis.
They were there last week for sure that one crazy day ( ridiculous midday turnaround).

However, the past few days, I just think that there are buyers out there who are speculating that a bottom will be put in place politically("stimulus" , Obama gov't initiatives) and they don't want to miss out on that.
Every time sellers come in, right behind them these buyers follow enhancing their positions.

It's going to break in a major way one way or another very soon. At the latest by the 2nd week of Feb.

Originally Posted by nicefro

I know what you mean man, you heavy in the ultrashorts?

You know it man. I'm really second guessing them lately though. Tough thing to stay in for this long due to the volatility.... yet the volatility is whatalso makes em so great if ya know what I mean. What's the point of being in them if the gov won't allow them to reach their peak???
mad.gif

the volatility is all part of the game. get an avy dude, that blankness is an eyesore.

Fro, I have a question. Is there a way to check after-hours price in real time? I don't really know where to look to see after hours movement.

Can someone school me on Gold please. I'm sitting on two coins at 1.7 oz. and per ounce gold is at around $900 so that gives me about $1500 potentiallyright? Do I sell now or should I wait longer? HELLLPPPP...
laugh.gif

monday- thinkorswim prophet charts

truth15- can't call it. the prices seem to be a bit inflated but if it continues upwards or sideways @ around 9then it may be a good idea to get in before it jumps or sinks at open.

i would advise anyone with skf or faz to get rid of, at least for the next few days. a lot of god news coming out.
with obama's bank plan set for release next week, i think FAS will be doing well.

dky where are you dude?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by andre3001

Originally Posted by nicefro

I know what you mean man, you heavy in the ultrashorts?

You know it man. I'm really second guessing them lately though. Tough thing to stay in for this long due to the volatility.... yet the volatility is what also makes em so great if ya know what I mean. What's the point of being in them if the gov won't allow them to reach their peak???
mad.gif
Rather than worrying about the government, why don't you think about how you can make money when the government intervenes?

Back
Top Bottom