Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Josh Smith would be my first choice here with Iguodala being a close 2nd... But it'll be hard to pry them away from Atlanta and Philadelphia
ohwell.gif
. Mullin should at least attempt so that Philadelphia and Atlanta can up their price for them to ruin their cap situation... kind of like what he did with Washington
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
true, that's 2 less teams we need to compete with for the upcoming free agent classes. mullin knows what he's doing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Josh Smith would be my first choice here with Iguodala being a close 2nd... But it'll be hard to pry them away from Atlanta and Philadelphia
ohwell.gif
. Mullin should at least attempt so that Philadelphia and Atlanta can up their price for them to ruin their cap situation... kind of like what he did with Washington
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
true, that's 2 less teams we need to compete with for the upcoming free agent classes. mullin knows what he's doing.
laugh.gif

Mullin is a great GM afterall
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well at least Baron should know that he made one fanbase angry at him and made another extremely happy. So happy Clipper fans already made a song for him tocelebrate his signing:

Kawakami is a good writer. i don't see how you can say he doesn't know what he's talking about. he's admitted to baron being clever andtaking the better deal. i don't see him casting blame on anyone. I've corresponded to Tim several times, as i am an aspiring sports journalist, andhe has interesting takes on the warriors. he writes what he thinks and what he sees, there's no bs behind it.

as far as Mullin dropping the ball, of course. this is all on Mullin. while he got baron for dirt cheap, he let him go for nothing. i just want to see thisteam take a fricken gamble and stop with all the conservative nonsense.

Originally Posted by The ONE Clothing

Well at least Baron should know that he made one fanbase angry at him and made another extremely happy. So happy Clipper fans already made a song for him to celebrate his signing:

Dude's a lame
indifferent.gif
. Horrible voice
indifferent.gif
. Can't play the guitar at all
indifferent.gif
. His lyrics are corny
indifferent.gif
. His shirt is made out of cheap material
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by The ONE Clothing

Well at least Baron should know that he made one fanbase angry at him and made another extremely happy. So happy Clipper fans already made a song for him to celebrate his signing:

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Stuff like that, with his promises of staying in the Bay, is the reason he will be booed. Word to LeBron, dude was fakin.
smh.gif

I respect it was a business decision, and he's done so much for our team, but he left without any warning whatsoever. It was just so sudden, and it willleave a real bitter taste with a lot of Warrior fans.

If you were in Baron's shoes, you would've done the same thing, because Warriors management didnt show him any loyalty he thought he deserved. No wayI'm booing this guy for all he's done in little over 3 years time here. If your best player isn't worth an reasonable extension I don't knowwho does. 2 All Stars walked away for nothing, how can we be certain Monta won't be next? Because Mullin said so?

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

If you were in Baron's shoes, you would've done the same thing, because Warriors management didnt show him any loyalty he thought he deserved. No way I'm booing this guy for all he's done in little over 3 years time here. If your best player isn't worth an reasonable extension I don't know who does. 2 All Stars walked away for nothing, how can we be certain Monta won't be next? Because Mullin said so?

I know he did what he did to secure a long term contract but I'm mad because Baron didn't give an indication that he was opting out. He gave theimpression that he was going to play out this season with the Warriors when all along he had a master plan. He just did it at the last minute and was hellaquiet about it. It was more about how this whole thing went down rather than what he actually did.

Warriors have nowhere near $50 million. I believe its close to $30 million now that Baron has left. I know the cap last season was $56 million, but Ican't find the # for this season.

I know he did what he did to secure a long term contract but I'm mad because Baron didn't give an indication that he was opting out. He gave the impression that he was going to play out this season with the Warriors when all along he had a master plan. He just did it at the last minute and was hella quiet about it. It was more about how this whole thing went down rather than what he actually did.

That's what I'm mad about....Sure its a business & he did what was best for him, but that way he went about it was !%@**@ up. Oh well...TheW's have to move forward....I really hope Mully makes some moves this off season.

Don't know for 08-09 cap, but based on 07-08 cap: $55.63 mil

and we are currently sitting at $30,060,290 mil

so we are about 25 mil under the cap as of now.

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana][size=+2]Golden State Warriors Salaries [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Key: Player Option /Team Option / Qualifying Offer / 80%Scale Offer [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tea[/font] Teams Atlanta Boston Charlotte Chicago Cleveland Dallas Denver Detroit Golden State Houston Indiana LA Clippers LA Lakers Memphis Miami Milwaukee Minnesota New Jersey New Orleans New York Orlando Philadelphia Phoenix Portland Sacramento San Antonio Seattle Toronto Utah Washington [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2008/09[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adonal Foyle[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,750,000
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Al Harrington[/font]