Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I'm so ready for the next gen of gaming.. this gen under performed imo no game has blown me away so far besides uncharted 2 and gears 1 but I'm really a sports game kind of guy.. when is a sports game is gonna finally look and feel larger than life? I'm waiting for a basketball game to finally feel like I'm playing in front of 20,000 screaming fans on the road or feel a great home field advantage at home.. you guys understand where I'm going with this?

Get ready to wait awhile. You won't be seeing next gen until 2012 earliest.

all the reviews are pretty much saying its 100 times better playing co op.
oh and there's is a PvP arena.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I know and with that said hopefully the 7, 8 year life cycle of this gen will make the next gen so much better . Remember the jump from PS1 and N64 to Dreamcast and then PS2? That's how a gen jump should be and hopefully that's what it will be in 2012 or 2013
Not quite following you, since Dreamcast doesn't fit in your equation as it's from the first party of Sega.

Between Sony's PS1 [1994] and PS2 [2000], that's roughly a 6-year window.

Between Nintendo's N64 [1996] and GameCube [2001], that's roughly a 5-year window.

If you're just generally speaking on the timeframe between all consoles, that's barely anything to take into consideration.

These first parties aren't communicating with each other like, "Hey, how about you guys release your Dreamcast after our N64?"

Rule of thumb that critics are following is an average of a 6-year window between generations.

With the Xbox 360 released in Nov. 2005 and both the PS3 and the Nintendo Wii released in Nov. 2006,

that projects people's estimate as 2011 - 2012 to be the arrival of the next gaming generation.

With that projection, all 3 major first parties [Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo] have all officially commented that they have plans of prolonging this currentgeneration past 2012.

This is, of course, excluding any possible plans of handheld gaming that's currently out right now or currently in the works @ the moment.

im pissed i just went to hollywood video by my house because they have a gamecrazy inside. i get there only to find out the gamecrazy is closing down. so iwont be getting the game till tonight.

anyone else didn't really like left for dead so much?

it was an okay game but overall I didn't think it was that much fun

man i slept on preordering prestige edition.
smh.gif

anyone know if bestbuy is still doing it?

Anyone here participating in the Xbox Live Update preview program?

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

smh.gif

Doubt it. Check the search results: http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ll+Categories&ks=960

Even though it shows up in search results with the "in-store only" badge, when you click on the link it leads to a dead end.

Sorry homey.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Anyone here participating in the Xbox Live Update preview program?

smh.gif

Doubt it. Check the search results: http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ll+Categories&ks=960

Even though it shows up in search results with the "in-store only" badge, when you click on the link it leads to a dead end.

Sorry homey.
yeah saw that as well.. maybe they're still doing it instore?

if not looks like my only chance is to go to a BB day of and see if they got some leftover

yeah saw that as well.. maybe they're still doing it instore?

if not looks like my only chance is to go to a BB day of and see if they got some leftover
Slim chance, but it's worth a shot.

Packages/editions like this are normally alotted and fixed the number of preorders any particular location will receive.

I just now got AC after seeing some of the stuff for Assassin's Creed 2. This game is sweet, idk why i slept on it for so long.

Originally Posted by the north west

anyone else didn't really like left for dead so much?

it was an okay game but overall I didn't think it was that much fun
It's fun playing online with other people. You really do have to work together...As far as the story, I wish it was one continuous storywhere you could upgrade your weapons and not have four seperate "movie" plots. That was the only turn off for me.

L4D didn't do it for me...iono it seems like it was mindless point and trigger pulls to me. I was entertained for about 3 days and returned it. I like thestrategy aspects of COD:WAW Zombies more than I like L4D

Back
Top Bottom