OFFICIALLY IN LINE TO VOTE vol. it's time

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i voted and was watching news coverage and i was just crying
laugh.gif
damn my emotions
mad.gif
oh my gosh i thought i was going to cry. i was on line at 5:20 this morning. me and my parents thought we were ahead of the game but there was aline even that early. but once i was done my heart was beating so fast and i was so happy. i even took a pic lol. will post in a few.

I can't even imagine the lines you guys are going through... when I went to drop off my ballot this morning, I was literally in and out in 5 seconds. Idon't understand why people aren't signing up for absentee since you get the option of mailing it in or dropping it off.

The line for the free coffee at Starbucks was vastly longer than the line to vote
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Obama won the state of Oregon 2 or 3 years ago, I see no reason to vote.
ohwell.gif

Hopefully everybody that was eligible to vote... did..... that type of thinking is how elections are lost.
Folks need to be involved in the election process more than every 4 years......

It is a shame that Election Day is not on a Weekend or make it national holiday. The system is so flawed, they need to go back to paper ballots.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

It is a shame that Election Day is not on a Weekend or make it national holiday. The system is so flawed, they need to go back to paper ballots.

We had paper ballots in MN. And most people had the day off that I knew.

Just came back from voting, drove like 5 min from my house, walked into school, iphoned my vote, and was out in 5 min. As i was driving i had that feeling likedamn it feels good to vote.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

[h2]http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/04/attempted-sabatoge-foiled-in-florida/[/h2]
[h2]Attempted Sabotage Foiled in Florida![/h2]
Posted Nov 4th 2008 12:00PM by TMZ Staff

1104_deerfield_vote_2.jpg
So, check this out. Deerfield Beach, Fla. is one hour south of Palm Beach. Nearly 400 people were planted firmly in line at 6:15 this morning, waiting for the polls to open at 7:00 AM. There is one voting machine to accommodate all of them.

The area almost entirely African American. Many of the people never have voted before. One woman was 101 years old. She was wheeled into the polling place and on her way out she said that before she died, she wanted to vote for a black man.

Election monitors noticed a man in line who appeared to be a voter. Turns out he was a saboteur, telling people the Democrats were supposed to vote at a different location.

Some of the voters said they were robocalled last night. The message -- Democrats weren't supposed to vote until Wednesday.

UPDATE -- Election officials just delivered seven more voting machines.

Not surprising. This will be a re-occurring theme of the day in ONLY highly democratic & AfricanAmerican voting places. Republicans will do what they can to steal an election especially if the inevitable is about to occur. I

Man voting went so good for me. I was at the polls for less than 5 minutes. They say the best hours to go are between 10AM and 4PM. It makes sense. After 5PM,rush hour and people going because they didn't have time in the morning. Before 10AM, a lot of people wanna get that early vote in and people have to be atwork at 9. Tho I know a lot of people make it in late because of voting. But in any case, it's my first vote and it feels so good. I feel like a new mannow.
happy.gif
Now the only thing I hope is that Obama pulls thru. Especiallyafter his grandmother's untimely death. Happy voting all.
wink.gif

It does matter who you vote for people! It doesn't matter if you think so and so will win your state regardless! You never know!! Also I'd prefercandidates won by landslides than to call it even close. Sends a louder, more profound message. You also still have plenty of local and state issues to vote onalso.

Also no matter who wins history will be made. I really hope this elections brings out the highest voting numbers we have seen in a really long time. I alsohope it brings out the largest number of young voters. My sisters and I were the only young people at our polling place and just like at the primaries oldervolunteers were surprised at us being involved at all. Thankfully I am a permanent absentee voter so I just dropped it in the box. Regardless at 9am there wereno lines and my sisters were in and out pretty quickly. Always feels good considering what my parents had to go through to get to this country and have theright to vote here.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't care who you vote for.....I'm glad people are excited about politics and gov't.
it's about damn time.
That's the thing that kills me. People don't care about politics and gov't.
Even though I don't like you and you don't like me, I can agree with you here.

Obama = Ultimate hypebeast.

did you just call Barack Obama a hypebeast?
roll.gif

that's really unfortunate...but in the spirit of saltiness, tears of joy flow.

have a WONDERFUL day....i know i am
wink.gif

I voted out here in Queens NY. It took no longer than 10 minutes and I was in and out. It took longer for me to figure out where to go and how to vote than tovote itself.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

One woman was 101 years old. She was wheeled into the polling place and on her way out she said that before she died, she wanted to vote for a black man.
frown.gif
, thats powerful.

dam thats crazy.
eek.gif

What's crazy is that she voted for someone based on skin color.
smile.gif

and so did they
smile.gif

mccain_rally.gif

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

One woman was 101 years old. She was wheeled into the polling place and on her way out she said that before she died, she wanted to vote for a black man.
frown.gif
, thats powerful.

dam thats crazy.
eek.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Sure but who is to say that was the only factor. It's not like he's an incompetent person of color running for president.

Back
Top Bottom