OFFICIALLY IN LINE TO VOTE vol. it's time

Originally Posted by airmaxlows

so i was not going to vote because i did not feel well enough informed... but in the past few days/weeks i have done a lot of reading about the presedential candidates and the local candidates/ballot questions in my area. by today, i felt confident to go in and make an educated vote..

but yo, my spot opened at 7 and i got there about 830... MAD people... voted at BU in boston so i was stuck there with mad bu kids, just straight up TONS of heads... it took me 2-3 hours... [jada] ridic[/jada]
eek.gif
at the turn out though...

im proud of people though, including myself.. i never would have expected myself to be disciplined enough to wait that long... i just thought about how disappointed i would be if i left... woulda been sitting at home later on after work watching the results come in on tv straight salted that i wasnt a part of it... all in all, it was definitely a good experience... it was my first time voting and im 25. skipped last time, but this time i felt i had to do work....voting is the least we can do, yall... to me, the act of voting may be just as important as who you vote for or who gets elected.
pimp.gif
voting @BU? on this nice %!@ day? sounds like fun to me... pix
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

went out at 7:15 was in line for 30 minutes. I've been voting since 98 first time I've ever waited longer than five minutes also never seen so manyblack people in line. It's a good thing to see people young and old finally voting. on a side note this old dude got pissed because he had waited in lineonly to discover that the lines were separated by precincts and he was in the wrong one. Dude got all mad and started yelling. The people in the correct lineoffered to let him cut in front and this dude said no. His wife was telling him to calm down and wouldn't listen to her either. Said it should be betterorganized and then he just walked out without voting. Strangest thing I've ever seen on an election day. I wanted to tell the guy "serenity now"but he walked out too fast

I was in and out, took me about 3 minutes to finish my ballot also got some free donuts and milk for my troubles. I'm in So Cal BTW

I only had to wait about 20 minutes. But, I also changed my vote at the last minute and feel much better about it.

I got to the polls at 6:20 am thinking I was ahead of the game only to find that there was a line wrapped around the corner. Took me about an hour to vote. Hadto stand in a crowded $!* gym with a bunch of funky $!* people but it was well worth the wait.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't care who you vote for.....I'm glad people are excited about politics and gov't.
it's about damn time.
That's the thing that kills me. People don't care about politics and gov't.

walked in and walked out, no lines

it felt dam good voting for the first time, when I came out and sat in the car I just got a sigh of relief
a good relief

i still haven't left yet. but i should be alright. poll is across the street from the crib.

Just got back... didn't have to wait at all. Hopefully we witness history tonight and I will be proud to say I was a part of it.

Originally Posted by Born To Be Fly

Just got back... didn't have to wait at all. Hopefully we witness history tonight and I will be proud to say I was a part of it.

What history? The first woman V.P.?

NT would explode if that happend.
roll.gif

pimp.gif
glad to see so many 1st time voters

hopefully yall dont have to feel what alot of us went thru when we voted for Kerry thinking we were a part of something...then watching the TV as everythingwent crazy
nerd.gif

kerry_fresh_start.jpg

got my free election coffee from starbucks (which tasted like crap compared to dunkin) went to the school to vote, was in and out in less than 5 minutes.. nowjust gotta play the waiting game and just pray that we can get rid of these republicans....

Hell no..I slept til 11 and then diddy bopped down to the polling place..walked in there with like 5 other people, voted, got my sticker and peacedout..feeling like I did my civic duty lol

got there at like 5:45, opened at 6

got out at about 6:45...not to bad of a wait, but the dude signin us in needed to be replace.

anyway...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't care who you vote for.....I'm glad people are excited about politics and gov't.
it's about damn time.
That's the thing that kills me. People don't care about politics and gov't.
Even though I don't like you and you don't like me, I can agree with you here.

Obama = Ultimate hypebeast.

[h2]http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/04/attempted-sabatoge-foiled-in-florida/[/h2]
[h2]Attempted Sabotage Foiled in Florida![/h2]
Posted Nov 4th 2008 12:00PM by TMZ Staff

1104_deerfield_vote_2.jpg
So, check this out. Deerfield Beach, Fla. is one hour south of Palm Beach. Nearly 400 people were planted firmly in line at 6:15 this morning, waiting for the polls to open at 7:00 AM. There is one voting machine to accommodate all of them.

The area almost entirely African American. Many of the people never have voted before. One woman was 101 years old. She was wheeled into the polling place and on her way out she said that before she died, she wanted to vote for a black man.

Election monitors noticed a man in line who appeared to be a voter. Turns out he was a saboteur, telling people the Democrats were supposed to vote at a different location.

Some of the voters said they were robocalled last night. The message -- Democrats weren't supposed to vote until Wednesday.

UPDATE -- Election officials just delivered seven more voting machines.

Back
Top Bottom