P90X Discussion

i did the ab ripper the other day... next day my abs were in pain. OH YEAH!!! lol

did the chest and shoulders... pretty good, not as bad as the abs workout

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Tomorrow morning. Day 1...This time it's for real
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Same thing happened with me.

I got to Week 8 and then I went on vacation to NYC and everything just fell apart. Started all over again this week. My week 1 #s are gonna be sick!
tongue.gif

Ive been SLACKING!!! This is just crazy hard with my work schedule. I work an 11-730 an hour and a half away from my house. I have to try to fit it in though.Ill be workin out when I get home.

man i just started back up again after like a 2.5 month hiatrus ... completelty started over ... hope to god i can stick to it this time ...

I'm not exactly fond of the recovery week. Really anxious to get to Phase II. Been trying to just do push ups and cardio (running) every now and thenthough.

Do you have to do the plyos section? - it'll probably mess with my leg weights.

Another thing.. is this a substitute for the gym routine or a supplement?

I have 2 weeks before this foot surgery that will have me off my feet for up to 2-3 months. My question is do you thinks its possible to still do the bulk ofP90X (Chest,back,biceps, pull-ups, ab ripper) while not putting weight on my foot. I dont wanna start and just stop after only 2 weeks. I want to continuewhile im off. Get my upper body in shape.

Sorry yall, I've been slacking off on signing in this week. Had a strange week, but I got everything but yoga and kenpo done. P90X does work, if you gothrough this thread you'll see someones actual results. Also a quick youtube search will show you tons of peoples personal videos where the document thestrength they've gained from p90x. If you're scared to try K2 just say so.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Sorry yall, I've been slacking off on signing in this week. Had a strange week, but I got everything but yoga and kenpo done. P90X does work, if you go through this thread you'll see someones actual results. Also a quick youtube search will show you tons of peoples personal videos where the document the strength they've gained from p90x. If you're scared to try K2 just say so.
Any program/exercise that is done routinely for 90 days will show results. It works, but its still all marketing.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Any program/exercise that is done routinely for 90 days will show results. It works, but its still all marketing.

Somebody tell this dude about the plateu effect and muscle confusion, lol
tongue.gif
. I think some of ya'll think this is some John Basdow (sp?) 30 min routine. This is literally having a personal trainer in a box. Unless youare a personal trainer, you would NEVER do this kind of work out on your own. I would have never even thought of attempthing so many push ups or pull ups,much less entertained the thought of doing Yoga. I told my boy I have never dripped more sweat than when I do Yoga, and he had to ask "how does Yoga makeyou sweat?"
indifferent.gif
Thats exactly what I would have said before Iactually tried it.

Been dieting for 3 weeks and running for 2.
About to download these vids tonight and give them a go.

Originally Posted by J Burner

Durden7 wrote:

tongue.gif
. I think some of ya'll think this is some John Basdow (sp?) 30 min routine. This is literally having a personal trainer in a box. Unless you are a personal trainer, you would NEVER do this kind of work out on your own. I would have never even thought of attempthing so many push ups or pull ups, much less entertained the thought of doing Yoga. I told my boy I have never dripped more sweat than when I do Yoga, and he had to ask "how does Yoga make you sweat?"
indifferent.gif
Thats exactly what I would have said before I actually tried it.

1. I know allll about plateaus and muscle confusion. It's ironic you mention this because people tend to forget that their bodies can suffer from aplateau effect from this program too.

2. I AM a personal trainer

3. The yoga in p90 isnt as good as doing a normal yoga session in a class, but itll still stretch ya out.

For the normal guy who doesn't go to the gym and his only form of working out/physical activity is basketball maybe 4-5 times a week, this is golden...andits made for people who aren't in shape

Originally Posted by J Burner

Durden7 wrote:

tongue.gif
. I think some of ya'll think this is some John Basdow (sp?) 30 min routine. This is literally having a personal trainer in a box. Unless you are a personal trainer, you would NEVER do this kind of work out on your own. I would have never even thought of attempthing so many push ups or pull ups, much less entertained the thought of doing Yoga. I told my boy I have never dripped more sweat than when I do Yoga, and he had to ask "how does Yoga make you sweat?"
indifferent.gif
Thats exactly what I would have said before I actually tried it.

1. I know allll about plateaus and muscle confusion. It's ironic you mention this because people tend to forget that their bodies can suffer from a plateau effect from this program too.

2. I AM a personal trainer

3. The yoga in p90 isnt as good as doing a normal yoga session in a class, but itll still stretch ya out.

1. I'm not here to argue with you. But the whole point of the program is to keep you and your muscles from getting bored. Obviously anything that you doregularly for a long period of time will be come routine and you can plateu. The point of this program is that it will take much much longer for that tohappen, as opposed to your suggestion of just doing any routine for 90 days. Again, obviously if you workout routinely for 90 days something will happen.

2. Like I said, someone with no personal training experience would never work out like this on their own.

3. If the Yoga on P90X isn't as good as sitting through a yoga session in a gym, then God bless the people who can subject their bodies to that. But Iguarantee you anyone that has never done Yoga before will be pouring sweat and wondering how the eff these dudes pull of these positions by the end of thefirst 45 mins.

Guys there's no need for this. I'm 6' feet 240pounds, its busting my %@+. So no I don't think its marketing. How is your comment going to helpanyone in this thread stay motivated and focus on the task at hand? If you're a trainer, then bring some positivity and not negativity man. Day 1. Week 4.Chest and Back. I'm staying with phase one, I need more work.

1. I'm not here to argue with you. But the whole point of the program is to keep you and your muscles from getting bored. Obviously anything that you do regularly for a long period of time will be come routine and you can plateu. The point of this program is that it will take much much longer for that to happen, as opposed to your suggestion of just doing any routine for 90 days. Again, obviously if you workout routinely for 90 days something will happen.

2. Like I said, someone with no personal training experience would never work out like this on their own.

3. If the Yoga on P90X isn't as good as sitting through a yoga session in a gym, then God bless the people who can subject their bodies to that. But I guarantee you anyone that has never done Yoga before will be pouring sweat and wondering how the eff these dudes pull of these positions by the end of the first 45 mins.
I understand that the whole point of the program is muscle confusion. The thing about P90 is that its not designed for beginners or people justgetting into fitness. It certainly will work for those people, but at its core its not a beginner program. My point was that for someone who is not used toworking out regularly any program that is done for 90 days with a strict diet will show similar results. For those people who are used to going to a gym itwill def. help break a plateau, but beginners wont reach a plateau for quite awhile.

Plateaus wont even be a factor until over 3 months of continuous exercise, so someone new to exercise dont need to continually change their workout. (If ithelps them stay motivated to workout, then so be it... thats a reason to switch exercises)

Guys there's no need for this. I'm 6' feet 240pounds, its busting my %@+. So no I don't think its marketing. How is your comment going to help anyone in this thread stay motivated and focus on the task at hand? If you're a trainer, then bring some positivity and not negativity man. Day 1. Week 4. Chest and Back. I'm staying with phase one, I need more work.
Its 90% marketing..... almost everything exercise related is marketing.

1. I'm not here to argue with you. But the whole point of the program is to keep you and your muscles from getting bored. Obviously anything that you do regularly for a long period of time will be come routine and you can plateu. The point of this program is that it will take much much longer for that to happen, as opposed to your suggestion of just doing any routine for 90 days. Again, obviously if you workout routinely for 90 days something will happen.

3. If the Yoga on P90X isn't as good as sitting through a yoga session in a gym, then God bless the people who can subject their bodies to that. But I guarantee you anyone that has never done Yoga before will be pouring sweat and wondering how the eff these dudes pull of these positions by the end of the first 45 mins.
I understand that the whole point of the program is muscle confusion. The thing about P90 is that its not designed for beginners or people just getting into fitness. It certainly will work for those people, but at its core its not a beginner program. My point was that for someone who is not used to working out regularly any program that is done for 90 days with a strict diet will show similar results. For those people who are used to going to a gym it will def. help break a plateau, but beginners wont reach a plateau for quite awhile.

Plateaus wont even be a factor until over 3 months of continuous exercise, so someone new to exercise dont need to continually change their workout. (If it helps them stay motivated to workout, then so be it... thats a reason to switch exercises)

Guys there's no need for this. I'm 6' feet 240pounds, its busting my %@+. So no I don't think its marketing. How is your comment going to help anyone in this thread stay motivated and focus on the task at hand? If you're a trainer, then bring some positivity and not negativity man. Day 1. Week 4. Chest and Back. I'm staying with phase one, I need more work.
Its 90% marketing..... almost everything exercise related is marketing.

I agree man, I use P90x everyday but only in addition to my running, games of basketball, BJJ class, and the number of supplements i'm taking. A lot ofpeople who take P90x still take fat burners protein powders daily vitamins etc... To everyone please go to Bodybuilding.com for more information especially thephotos section.

Finished Day 1 of Phase II doubles. The Chest/Shoulder/Tricep workout is pretty intense. Some of the push ups they want you to do are just insane.

Love the Cardio-X in the AM though.

I've come to the conclusion that until my internship is done on July 3rd, I wont have enough time to commit to this completely. I can usually get to 3 or 4days a week, which is better than nothing. But when July 3rd comes, Ill be back on full time.

My body hurts.

Back
Top Bottom