Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

I've never liked Vick's game. He needed the last several years on the Iggles to catch up to Kyle Boller's career completion %...Let that marinate for a moment...

I've never liked Vick's game. He needed the last several years on the Iggles to catch up to Kyle Boller's career completion %...Let that marinate for a moment...

ya our o-line is horrid, but those fumbles weren't forced and I was expecting more pressure from the steelers, our oline does suck tho.

The whole team didn't play well. O-line was horrid, defense was mediocre, Vick doing Vick things. Redzone offense was crap.

Last edited:

That's true but he wasnt coached well I Atlanta though, Andy has made him better but when he's under duress he's gonna revert back to what he knows on instinct ....we just have to live and die by it. He has put together big drives at the end of games, even today....though that first fumble killed us.

But look at our schedule and who we've played so...being 3-2 isn't the worst thing in the world...it's More so how we lost and if we just had even 3 less turnovers we'd be 4-1 easily.

We had the super bowl champs, a perennial afc championship caliber tram, and the steelers on the road with them comin off a bye week. Now we have the lions, Atlanta (I dont think they're as good as their record), and the saints will be dead by the time we get them lol, then the cowboys and skins. This isn't turning out to be the gauntlet we thought before the yr...and we've gone 2-2 so far in those tough games.

Figure worst case scenario, we beat the lions at home, beat the saints, and the skins. and say we even lose to Atlanta and the cowboys...then were 6-4 goin into Carolina at home, which we have no business losing to...so worst case by week 13 the birds are 7-4, and I honestly could see 8-3 if we even improve marginally o turnovers cuz some of the teams are just flat out bad.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we still have a great shot to win the division, and the 49ers are the only squad scaring me in the NFC right now

Last edited:

That's true but he wasnt coached well I Atlanta though, Andy has made him better but when he's under duress he's gonna revert back to what he knows on instinct ....we just have to live and die by it. He has put together big drives at the end of games, even today....though that first fumble killed us.

But look at our schedule and who we've played so...being 3-2 isn't the worst thing in the world...it's More so how we lost and if we just had even 3 less turnovers we'd be 4-1 easily.

We had the super bowl champs, a perennial afc championship caliber tram, and the steelers on the road with them comin off a bye week. Now we have the lions, Atlanta (I dont think they're as good as their record), and the saints will be dead by the time we get them lol, then the cowboys and skins. This isn't turning out to be the gauntlet we thought before the yr...and we've gone 2-2 so far in those tough games.

Figure worst case scenario, we beat the lions at home, beat the saints, and the skins. and say we even lose to Atlanta and the cowboys...then were 6-4 goin into Carolina at home, which we have no business losing to...so worst case by week 13 the birds are 7-4, and I honestly could see 8-3 if we even improve marginally o turnovers cuz some of the teams are just flat out bad.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we still have a great shot to win the division, and the 49ers are the only squad scaring me in the NFC right now

Lulz, you can't be a Philly fan who lives in the Philly Met area. Your post is one of the most level headed things I've heard from a Philly fan....:lol:

Your exactly right, you guys are still 3-2 with plenty of the season left. Love guys in the NFL season thread making bold proclamations this early in the season...Good luck with the rest of the season...

Last edited:

Lulz, you can't be a Philly fan who lives in the Philly Met area. Your post is one of the most level headed things I've heard from a Philly fan....:lol:

Your exactly right, you guys are still 3-2 with plenty of the season left. Love guys in the NFL season thread making bold proclamations this early in the season...Good luck with the rest of the season...

Haha nope, born and raised right in the city, but I'm living in your teams' neck of the woods right now at Pitt...I'm just trying to be even-keel, b/c the media back home are gonna be all doom and gloom and wanna bench Vick for the next game...good luck to your team too, I really like Tomlin and I just have some resentment for some Pittsburgh fans at school moreso than the actual team b/c they genuinely hate Philly here for stupid reasons...gotta respect the Steelers though no shame losing to them...its just that we should have won if not for unforced mistakes by Vick and the defense folding a bit...by the end of the season both our teams will be in the playoffs likely as higher seeds, and its not the end of the world for the Eagles looking ahead...just we keep hurting ourselves more than other teams do, which is the worst part smh

Last edited:
Tough loss. Lyon is right, though. We should be ok. Vick is putting us in the hole with these TOs. I still think he's gonna turn it around, though. Not too upset about this one. Steelers are always a tough out. We have a good team here, just some kinks that we have to work out.

Does anyone feel like Juan should blitz more?

Does anyone feel like Juan should blitz more?
Absolutely. Our front four gets good pressure, but they need help to finish it off. Especially against a QB like Ben.

As for Vick, he's driving me nuts. The goal line fumble changed the game. Who knows if we win, but going up 7-0 with the way the defense was playing would have been huge. He has to show better ball control. If this continues, we are not doing anything this season.

Man I'm a die hard eagles fan, but I wouldn't go as far as benching Vick......I mean he's a high caliber QB...sure we could do better, but there's no way foles is better for the team then Vick

BTW, I forgot to give props to the Iggle secondary...Brown was talking some ish last week (which he shouldn't have) & the CBs did a pretty good job of keeping the Steeler WR corp under wraps...

LyonBC1, your cool in my book.

Plenty of time left in the season to do something & 3-2 isn't bad...Again, good luck with the rest of the season...

As an eagles fan im really ****** tired of vick after everygame interview that he says he needs to learn how to hold on to the ball more. Well no ******g ****, im sorry to all his fans but i ****** hate him with everything in me. Please get rid of this bum

The defense needs to mix in some blitzes; they weren't getting to Ben and did nothing to correct this...Vick is just Vick at this time; we can't bench him so we have to ride and die with him this season; putting in Foles is throwing in the flag.

Reid needs to go anything short of a Superbowl victory...time to move on

I want to see a statement game against Detroit at home. Rough up Stafford, double coverage on Megatron. Force Titus, Burleson, and Pettigrew to beat us. Limit Leshoure's effectiveness on the ground. Heavy dose of Shady offensively. Get Mac9 and D-Jax involved with some touches in the early going.

Srsly on the statement game. If its a 1 possession game again im going to explode

but this isn't college football. A win is a win. I don't care how it comes. I just want them in the playoffs. I could care less if the eagles are low in espns power rankings

but this isn't college football. A win is a win. I don't care how it comes. I just want them in the playoffs. I could care less if the eagles are low in espns power rankings

yea **** the power rankings... anything can change in the playoffs.. this isnt like nba where team plays 7 game series every round.. in nfl everybody has a chance during playoffs.

Nobody said anything about power rankings. Im talking more about my heart rate.

Well its time to put up or shut up. Vick is from my hometown and all but if he has a turnover that ends up costing us this game im going to lose it.

I seriously think the eagles legit took 5 years off my life.. :rofl:. Rollercoasters I tell ya, good thing I got some uncle blowies right now, don't uncle tellies on me

Back
Top Bottom