Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

I don't even get mad anymore; I just expect this from the Eagles

Andy Reid better be out of here at the end of the year barring a miracle Super Bowl run

I should hate the Giants but instead I admire them and Eli Manning is just a natural born winner

Reid need to go. I'm disgusted by how horrid the offense playcalling is. Nmandi is trash couldn't cover a Spill with a napkin. There's alot of talent but damn didn't know how important quality coaching was until now as I watch other teams offense. I need a drink.

Eskin reporting that Reid is "leaning towards" making the change to Foles for next Monday. Get your Nick Foles Rest in Peace candles ready.

This fat slob better not, Foles should not see the field until we out of playoff contention

@ least go out with some dignity not just throwing everybody out to try & save your pork chop self

Last edited:
awesome let's throw Foles in on prime time Monday night in one of the loudest places in the NFL

Andy Reid is desperate now

What gets me upset is that we've only won 3 games by a point each. It just hit me that we haven't even had on game we can be really proud of yet his season :smh:

I think the players have just quit on Reid; every week it's the same game plan

it's like my last job; I was there 5 years and was considered one of the best people in the company but things kept getting worse and instead of things getting better they kept getting worse by management making bad decisions so I just started collecting a paycheck and left once a better job came along. This is exactly how I think the players feel.

awesome let's throw Foles in on prime time Monday night in one of the loudest places in the NFL

Andy Reid is desperate now
quite ignorant if he does this

What gets me upset is that we've only won 3 games by a point each. It just hit me that we haven't even had on game we can be really proud of yet his season :smh:

I think the players have just quit on Reid; every week it's the same game plan

it's like my last job; I was there 5 years and was considered one of the best people in the company but things kept getting worse and instead of things getting better they kept getting worse by management making bad decisions so I just started collecting a paycheck and left once a better job came along. This is exactly how I think the players feel.

totally agree....

We're 3-4, and we aren't completely out of playoff contention. Starting Foles on MNF IN New Orleans is not what you want to do. If Andy "I need to do better" Reid does this, his fat *** is desperate. Even though we aren't completely out of playoff contention, it doesn't mean the road is going to be easy. We have our work cut out.

No disrespect but did people forget that Andy just lost his son a couple months ago? That doesn't somehow give him some leeway as to why he probably doesn't have his team as prepared as they should be?

As a Cowboys fan, the Eagles getting rid of Andy Reid would be the best thing for us as we've never been dominant against the Eagles since Reid took over with a lousy 9-17 record in the Reid era. But I feel like people are forgetting, or simply don't care, that the man did just lose his kid recently and I think he deserves another year.

No disrespect but did people forget that Andy just lost his son a couple months ago? That doesn't somehow give him some leeway as to why he probably doesn't have his team as prepared as they should be?
As a Cowboys fan, the Eagles getting rid of Andy Reid would be the best thing for us as we've never been dominant against the Eagles since Reid took over with a lousy 9-17 record in the Reid era. But I feel like people are forgetting, or simply don't care, that the man did just lose his kid recently and I think he deserves another year.

he chose to keep coaching; to me losing his son doesn't have anything to do with the same tired play calling year in and year out...it's a horrible tragedy but that shouldn't excuse you from poor job performance

This team hasn't been the same since Jim Johnson passed and McNabb lost a step; Reid is a by product of that era IMO

Howard Eskin was reporting that its "likely" Foles will get the start in New Orleans, this could be Andy waiving the white flag....but he can't keep throwing people under the bus at some point you look in the mirror. Andy brought these dudes in, and he has the responsibility to get production on the field. Replacing Vick now won't get the O-line to be semi-competent, The d-line to actually get pressure on a qb, have the secondary get a clue, oh and how about the horrendous play calling? Shady can't get the ball until the 4th quarter for whatever reason, this really is turning into a cluster**** and I think we should be able to beat NO since their defense is god awful and they didn't look too great last night plus they'll be coming off a short week...I think its too early to turn it over to Foles if thats what they end up doing

^ it's just bonehead move after bonehead move by Andy

he doesn't use McCoy, he traded up and took f-ing Brandon Graham instead of Earl Thomas or JPP, signed Vick to a huge contract but doesn't matter because Kolb blew anyway, hired JC as a our freakin DC, took Danny Watkins in last year's 1st round, uses 2nd round picks to draft projects like Vinny Curry and Jawquin Jarrett, refuses to acknowledge they need a big WR...I have just had enoughhhhhh

HE NEEDS TO GO

he chose to keep coaching; to me losing his son doesn't have anything to do with the same tired play calling year in and year out...it's a horrible tragedy but that shouldn't excuse you from poor job performance

Ehhh...that's pretty callous man. I've seen you post and know you're a good dude, but Andy Reid is dealing with some tragedies you don't wish upon your worse enemies. Should that save his job? Probably not. I agree, his history of underachieving should get him canned alone, but this year I think it's fair to say his mind isn't 100% on football. It simply cannot be from a human being standpoint. He'll most likely be done after this year anyways.

Ehhh...that's pretty callous man. I've seen you post and know you're a good dude, but Andy Reid is dealing with some tragedies you don't wish upon your worse enemies. Should that save his job? Probably not. I agree, his history of underachieving should get him canned alone, but this year I think it's fair to say his mind isn't 100% on football. It simply cannot be from a human being standpoint. He'll most likely be done after this year anyways.

how is it callous? His son passing does not justify him getting a 5th straight year to underachieve; his son's passing is not the reason this team is going no where again and I was very supportive of Andy when his son passed

his agent pretty much used the tragedy to try and get him an extension; make no bones about it that Andy had a hand in that

We've been beating up the whole damn division for as long as I can remember , and we have absolutely nothing to show for it. It's definitely time for a change. Hell, The Giants have only beaten us once in the last 9 meetings, and they have 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Last edited:
Honestly, if Foles does take over for Vick, it pretty much shows that Andy is waving the white flag for this season. We can't just switch to an unproven QB in the middle of the season going into a primetime MNF game on national TV. There comes a time where you stop using people as scapegoats and look at yourself and see that maybe you're the problem. I feel, like many, that Reid should have been gone years ago. This team cannot continue to underachieve like this, but changing the QB doesn't help. It won't help the o-line block for Vick, they can't open up the gaps for Shady to run through. It won't help the defensive line get pressure and sack the QB. None of that will happen just b/c you change the QB. What I hate seeing is how we're wasting Shady with these poor schemes, and dudes that can't block for him.

I just hate seeing this team lose, year in and year out its the same old story! I was really optimistic going into this season, but after losing all these games, we're the exact same team as last year. :smh:

You guys need to do what I'm doing. Just stop watching. You get three hours back every week and you save yourself from being pissed off every Sunday and Monday.

You guys need to do what I'm doing. Just stop watching. You get three hours back every week and you save yourself from being pissed off every Sunday and Monday.
yup..

honestly unless we can turn things around quick, which is doubtful.. what's the point.. our goal is to win the super bowl, anything less than that changes need to be made

we need to find out what we have in foles, so we can see if we will need to draft a QB in this upcoming draft (where there are some good ones that could be available)

Honestly, if Foles does take over for Vick, it pretty much shows that Andy is waving the white flag for this season. We can't just switch to an unproven QB in the middle of the season going into a primetime MNF game on national TV. There comes a time where you stop using people as scapegoats and look at yourself and see that maybe you're the problem. I feel, like many, that Reid should have been gone years ago. This team cannot continue to underachieve like this, but changing the QB doesn't help. It won't help the o-line block for Vick, they can't open up the gaps for Shady to run through. It won't help the defensive line get pressure and sack the QB. None of that will happen just b/c you change the QB. What I hate seeing is how we're wasting Shady with these poor schemes, and dudes that can't block for him.

I just hate seeing this team lose, year in and year out its the same old story! I was really optimistic going into this season, but after losing all these games, we're the exact same team as last year. :smh:

yup..

honestly unless we can turn things around quick, which is doubtful.. what's the point.. our goal is to win the super bowl, anything less than that changes need to be made

we need to find out what we have in foles, so we can see if we will need to draft a QB in this upcoming draft (where there are some good ones that could be available)

i dont think you throw foles to the wolves like that tho... on MNF nah... we gotta stick with Vick......

BUT if he moves this offseason i may too ... i stuck around after getting rid of mcnabb cuz he got vick but i dont kno how far foles can go with shady/mac/d jax .... hes gonna get murked worse than what vick has been getting

I'd play Foles this week. It's the Saints. Their defense SUCKS. Doesn't matter if it's Monday night in NO. It's not going to get any easier for him the rest of the year.

Still not watching BTW. I'll look at the score Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom