Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

Never ride in the car with more than 1 other friend.

If you get pulled over and get a ticket, tell your parents and pay for a lawyer. (i didnt tell my mother and her insurance cancelled her policy because her husband for a dui the day before)

If you get a life insurance check of 10K or more, put it in a savings account......Dont blow it like i did.

If you get a credit card, but something you have the money for and pay off the entire card at the end of the month........dont go crazy buying jordans because you will eventually have to pay it back.....if its higher finance rates because of bad credit, or a creditor calling you everyday for a payment.

matter fact, just dont get a credit card, lol.

Never ride in the car with more than 1 other friend.

If you get pulled over and get a ticket, tell your parents and pay for a lawyer. (i didnt tell my mother and her insurance cancelled her policy because her husband for a dui the day before)

If you get a life insurance check of 10K or more, put it in a savings account......Dont blow it like i did.

If you get a credit card, but something you have the money for and pay off the entire card at the end of the month........dont go crazy buying jordans because you will eventually have to pay it back.....if its higher finance rates because of bad credit, or a creditor calling you everyday for a payment.

matter fact, just dont get a credit card, lol.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

dont ever have high expectations when it comes to a female, its usually a huge let down when you do...

your nothing close to 25 lol
indifferent.gif
im pretty close
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gambit215

dont ever have high expectations when it comes to a female, its usually a huge let down when you do...
other than the typo this will probably be the realest advice given on this topic
pimp.gif

Women can be HORRIBLE at sex, just laying there will result in you not getting called back.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gambit215

other than the typo this will probably be the realest advice given on this topic
pimp.gif

Women can be HORRIBLE at sex, just laying there will result in you not getting called back.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do well in school.

Take any and every opportunity that you have.

Leave your comfort zone from time to time. Never settle for what you are used to when you can miss greater things out there.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP AND PUT HER FIRST. Your career is first. If she can't understand that, she's not worth it for the long haul or the short term.

Your priorities should be 1. Career 2. Friends and Family. That might sound harsh, but your true friends and family will always understand.

Move around as much as possible (within the US and the world) if the opportunity comes up.

If none of that sounds relevant... Well, save up enough to buy a pound, break it down, and trap. Or work on a jumper. Rapping is too hard to get into now.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Nothin in life is black and white.

When it rains it really does pour.

Sympathy and empathy. In our narcissistic culture too many people lack these traits.

Do not associate with those that like drama.

Ignore most "advice" as most people are as ses.

Always follow the money first when something doesn't make sense.

Money isn't everything but without it you'll never attain that "everything".

Don't be greedy. It's a psychological disease that will ruin you. Expounding. Ambition is noble and is not the same as greed.
Don't make it on WSHH. 

Living only for yourself translates to a +$$!@# existence.

If you let people walk all over you they will.

There's a lot more though.
laugh.gif
Gotta agree with you on some of this especially that drama 1 I know that oh to well

Do well in school.

Take any and every opportunity that you have.

Leave your comfort zone from time to time. Never settle for what you are used to when you can miss greater things out there.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP AND PUT HER FIRST. Your career is first. If she can't understand that, she's not worth it for the long haul or the short term.

Your priorities should be 1. Career 2. Friends and Family. That might sound harsh, but your true friends and family will always understand.

Move around as much as possible (within the US and the world) if the opportunity comes up.

If none of that sounds relevant... Well, save up enough to buy a pound, break it down, and trap. Or work on a jumper. Rapping is too hard to get into now.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Nothin in life is black and white.

When it rains it really does pour.

Sympathy and empathy. In our narcissistic culture too many people lack these traits.

Do not associate with those that like drama.

Ignore most "advice" as most people are as ses.

Always follow the money first when something doesn't make sense.

Money isn't everything but without it you'll never attain that "everything".

Don't be greedy. It's a psychological disease that will ruin you. Expounding. Ambition is noble and is not the same as greed.
Don't make it on WSHH. 

Living only for yourself translates to a +$$!@# existence.

If you let people walk all over you they will.

There's a lot more though.
laugh.gif
Gotta agree with you on some of this especially that drama 1 I know that oh to well

1. do somethin (can be anything) to improve yourself or your situation everyday

2. kill them with success (which will come if you follow #1)

1. do somethin (can be anything) to improve yourself or your situation everyday

2. kill them with success (which will come if you follow #1)

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

- you can't take material assets to the grave, but what you learn from this world and how you make your impact will linger long past your physical death
- it's important to have short, medium, long-term goals but don't beat yourself up if you can't achieve them in a certain time, alot of us focus on the goal instead of focusing on the process getting on the goal which is more important imho and you exceed your expectations thinking this way
- people will let you down in life, especially women.
- don't aim for perfection, aim for excellence
- there is much more to this life than what our 5 senses give us. tap into that unknown even for a second
- stay as positive as you can, people who do live longer and happier
QFT

I'm 23 I know a lot but still have a far way to go all I can say is ..Don't ever complain about a situation It could always be worse

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

- you can't take material assets to the grave, but what you learn from this world and how you make your impact will linger long past your physical death
- it's important to have short, medium, long-term goals but don't beat yourself up if you can't achieve them in a certain time, alot of us focus on the goal instead of focusing on the process getting on the goal which is more important imho and you exceed your expectations thinking this way
- people will let you down in life, especially women.
- don't aim for perfection, aim for excellence
- there is much more to this life than what our 5 senses give us. tap into that unknown even for a second
- stay as positive as you can, people who do live longer and happier
QFT

I'm 23 I know a lot but still have a far way to go all I can say is ..Don't ever complain about a situation It could always be worse

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

Don't think you're going from an hourly gig into "ultimate hustler" mode, clocking major bread. Every high profile person you see in any industry has some sort of background history, and has likely worked in it from the bottom to the top. It's a long process.

If you're looking for a career with high visibility (media, music, apparel... lifestyle stuff), you'll never make it outside of a major market. Go to where the action is, and get out of your city that doesn't matter. It's easy to shine in a city of losers.

Enjoy every minute of life when you have the opportunity to live frivolously (high schoo, college for some). Once you get into the "real world," you never can go back.

Realize that working in any capacity, with any job is admirable. Whether you're a garbage man, or high level exec; as long as you're supporting yourself and anyone you're committed to- you're doing a good job. Don't be above work. There's a reason why the US is no longer a powerhouse when it comes to many industries.

Race is arbitrary. We all (for the most part) come from cultures that were impoverished at one time. We're all trying to do better. Stop concentrating on the differences, but focus on our similarities.

Travel as much as you can. It's the most life-altering experience in your life, the absolute BEST way you can spend your money. Tangible, material items eventually weather and go away, or get lost. Travel creates life changing moments and memories you'll never forget.

Learn to save young. You know those people in your family aged 40+ that still can't make ends meet? They didn't learn money management young (most likely). Set aside $100 from each check, throw it into an account, a ROTH IRA if you're focused. You'll thank me in 20 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I've been told this alot, I'm going to have to start applying this.

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

Don't think you're going from an hourly gig into "ultimate hustler" mode, clocking major bread. Every high profile person you see in any industry has some sort of background history, and has likely worked in it from the bottom to the top. It's a long process.

If you're looking for a career with high visibility (media, music, apparel... lifestyle stuff), you'll never make it outside of a major market. Go to where the action is, and get out of your city that doesn't matter. It's easy to shine in a city of losers.

Enjoy every minute of life when you have the opportunity to live frivolously (high schoo, college for some). Once you get into the "real world," you never can go back.

Realize that working in any capacity, with any job is admirable. Whether you're a garbage man, or high level exec; as long as you're supporting yourself and anyone you're committed to- you're doing a good job. Don't be above work. There's a reason why the US is no longer a powerhouse when it comes to many industries.

Race is arbitrary. We all (for the most part) come from cultures that were impoverished at one time. We're all trying to do better. Stop concentrating on the differences, but focus on our similarities.

Travel as much as you can. It's the most life-altering experience in your life, the absolute BEST way you can spend your money. Tangible, material items eventually weather and go away, or get lost. Travel creates life changing moments and memories you'll never forget.

Learn to save young. You know those people in your family aged 40+ that still can't make ends meet? They didn't learn money management young (most likely). Set aside $100 from each check, throw it into an account, a ROTH IRA if you're focused. You'll thank me in 20 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I've been told this alot, I'm going to have to start applying this.

never borrow money to buy stuff you don't need to impress people you don't like.

that happiness you get from it will go away, then you'll be stuck paying interest for years. end up paying 2-3x if not more and you'll look back and hate your past self.

never lend money either, unless you can afford to not get it back. you might lose a few friends that way but at least you get rid of the leeches.

Back
Top Bottom