Posters under 30, do you think the older generation makes us seem worse than we actually are?

i'm rollin in my grave @ that light skin vs dark skin promo ad
30t6p3b.gif

^ alot of people don't understand that skinny jeans is nothing new,

Sugar hill gang wore them in their rap videos

^ alot of people don't understand that skinny jeans is nothing new,

Sugar hill gang wore them in their rap videos

Originally Posted by sonofsam

dont all previous generations complain about the younger ones? i mean, im not justifying the senseless violence and disrespect..but i bet our parents were told the same things by the older heads..

I came in here to say the same thing. Everyone thinks their generation is the best and anything after is doomed.

Originally Posted by sonofsam

dont all previous generations complain about the younger ones? i mean, im not justifying the senseless violence and disrespect..but i bet our parents were told the same things by the older heads..

I came in here to say the same thing. Everyone thinks their generation is the best and anything after is doomed.

I think the whole tattoo fat of getting your face/neck inked up is definitely more of an issue (if you want to call it that) with folks in their late teens/early 20s. I think a lot of these people live in the "now," and do things on a more spontaneous tip than others from different generations. With folks born in the late 70s/early 80s, there was the whole piercing fad when they were in their teens....it's just a cycle. Younger folks will find something to complain about with the next generation below them
laugh.gif

I think the whole tattoo fat of getting your face/neck inked up is definitely more of an issue (if you want to call it that) with folks in their late teens/early 20s. I think a lot of these people live in the "now," and do things on a more spontaneous tip than others from different generations. With folks born in the late 70s/early 80s, there was the whole piercing fad when they were in their teens....it's just a cycle. Younger folks will find something to complain about with the next generation below them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

<<< 2 WATCHES??? RRREALLY?

let them boys cook, bruh...

tall tees?

bell bottoms?

hawaii shirts?

tattoos?

its all a fashion cycle, fambs...

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

<<< 2 WATCHES??? RRREALLY?

let them boys cook, bruh...

tall tees?

bell bottoms?

hawaii shirts?

tattoos?

its all a fashion cycle, fambs...

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Well 90's babies is who i assume yal talkin about so

My Generation (90's babies)

Skinny Jeans
Stupid dances
over indulgence in social media
kinda soft
all tryna be rappers/models/producers/ promoters without the talent as an easy come up
over indulgence in mindless televeison shows (which were all created by members of past generations)

Past Generations

Slavery
Segregation
Lynchings
HIV
Vietnam War
Crack
Nuclear Weapons
the support of American imperialism
Capitalism and greed
Discrimination of women
Civil War
etc....

I could go on but clearly my generation is on track to commit atrocities to mankind unlike anything we have seen in past generations. Oh past generations please come save us...oh wait yal blew that when you left us at birth aand left it all up to mother. Light Skin vs Darkskin party? Whats next...we gon start puttin chemicals in our hair and mashin our newborn babies noses so they wont be so big....oh wait that was another generation.

laugh.gif
 at you old heads tryna push us down to feel good about yourselves. This %%*+ goes in cycles man. No generation is better than the other and a generation is to be judged off the generation that follows.

Well 90's babies is who i assume yal talkin about so

My Generation (90's babies)

Skinny Jeans
Stupid dances
over indulgence in social media
kinda soft
all tryna be rappers/models/producers/ promoters without the talent as an easy come up
over indulgence in mindless televeison shows (which were all created by members of past generations)

Past Generations

Slavery
Segregation
Lynchings
HIV
Vietnam War
Crack
Nuclear Weapons
the support of American imperialism
Capitalism and greed
Discrimination of women
Civil War
etc....

I could go on but clearly my generation is on track to commit atrocities to mankind unlike anything we have seen in past generations. Oh past generations please come save us...oh wait yal blew that when you left us at birth aand left it all up to mother. Light Skin vs Darkskin party? Whats next...we gon start puttin chemicals in our hair and mashin our newborn babies noses so they wont be so big....oh wait that was another generation.

laugh.gif
 at you old heads tryna push us down to feel good about yourselves. This %%*+ goes in cycles man. No generation is better than the other and a generation is to be judged off the generation that follows.

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Closet racists and thinking the world owes us something.

That's pretty much us.

I was born in the wrong era...

laugh.gif
Racism was ALOT worse  50-60 years ago

you are clearly a child and have no idea what you're talking about

That's pretty much us.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club 27

That's pretty much us.

laugh.gif

i think what he might be alluding to is all of the keyboard warrior racists who can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

yes racism was a lot worse 50-60 years ago, but it was also somewhat socially accepted back then.  these days, racism is still rampant but since it is universally shunned in american culture, most of it takes place behind closed doors or random computer screens.

That's pretty much us.

laugh.gif

i think what he might be alluding to is all of the keyboard warrior racists who can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

yes racism was a lot worse 50-60 years ago, but it was also somewhat socially accepted back then.  these days, racism is still rampant but since it is universally shunned in american culture, most of it takes place behind closed doors or random computer screens.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

That's pretty much us.

laugh.gif

you take your gentlemanly response somewhere else, Mojod.

you take it somewhere else this instant!

The skinny jeans don't phase me...we don't wanna see your @%% hanging out for no reason unless you are a chic..

Back
Top Bottom