private colleges/universitys suck

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

go to a public school save the money

Unless you're out of state of course.....word to me
ohwell.gif

depends on the school, i'd say. here at u of maryland, school is 20k+ a year. it's better than 30k+ but still, public school ain't cheap

word.

a diploma is a dimploma. if you really wanna network you can do it even if u aint in school. def harder, but public school FTW
PLUS u payin ur taxes anyway... take full advantage, govn't tax us hard enough already.

private schools have their pros and cons. im coming out with a decent amount of debt but for me it was a lot easier to network at a private school then mystate school. the state school (MD) is really good but id rather be at my school in DC where i have all sorts of different people that i can use for whatever.

Son, I was going to Morehouse, but now I'm at Texas A&M.

Morehouse was too stingy for a scholarship and wanted me to pay 29k. oiesfiofinfisd

Say what? 29k?

For me, through financial aid, it was a little cheaper for me to attend a private than Berkeley or LA.

Originally Posted by sneekerluvr

Yea and the f'd up part about it for me is I transferred here
smh.gif

we are in the same boat
eyes.gif
were did u transfer too? my school is horrible

I actually go to one. I'm sitting in Photography class right now. I hate it here. Way too expensive and feels kinda like a minimum security prison. We getfined for like EVERYTHING!

I'm at a private university right now. I'm planning on transferring for next year to a public school or maybe another private with the help offinancial aid and scholarships.

i'm at a private school now...i joined up the air force rotc and they're going to pay for my schooling.
happy.gif

private schools offer a lot more scholarships, grants, etc. within the school, so it doesn't end up being that much more than public schools.

with that said, public schools FTW.

I wouldnt say they suck in all......but they sure as hek are expensive. 23k vs. 5k yr at state.
frown.gif

If I could go back in time
smh.gif

Depends what private school you attend and how far you plan on going in the real world. Public University wasn't even an option for me, but I do realizethat many people don't have the means or want to graduate buried in debt.

It's a business. What do people expect?

All of the top private universities are basically foundations for the wealthy.
They avoid paying taxes on money ("donated" to the university) while telling the university how to spend it.

Example:

I give 20 million to a university. Therefore, I pay no taxes on that 20 million. Meanwhile the university wants to expand and build a new "tech"center. I provide the university with a list of contractors they "should" go. Coincidentally all those contractors are either family or do businesswith my business. Of course the university has a "choice" of what contractor to choose from. However, if they choose a different contractor I'lljust donate to another university next time.

That's how these universities keep their "elite" status. Nice campus, new buildings, and top professors all cost money.
it's not about education anymore. it's about maintaining that elite status in order to extract as much money as possible.

looking back, I would NEVER have gone to some public school where I was a number and had to deal with inflexible administration with ridiculous policies. Theregistration nightmare stories I've heard from public schools make me cringe. I really can't imagine not being able to get a class because it was fullor being at UCLA and having a class so big it uses 3 lecture halls connected by video with a professor (or most likely grad student) in just one of them. Ireally can't name one thing about a public school that would have been better.

the amount of effort you put into privates equals the better quality or availability of jobs. it not my choice to attend government-funded schools, esp theovercrowded cuny system in ny. but to each his own

Back
Top Bottom