R.I.P. Alton Sterling..Shot by BRPD..Point Blank, While Restrained.

@Methodical Management

13% of the population is black and that 13% accounts for 50% of the crime.

Explain that.

This is a professional issue about polive officers and how they handle themselves. It's not a race issue.

Is the prison industrial complex a race issue? Yes. More blacks get arrested and get higher sentencing for the same crimes? Yes. I 100% agree on that.

But there simply isnt enough evidence that blacks are being targeted by cops to murder them.
You explain it without sounding racist.  I'm listening. 
More than HALF of all prisoners currently serving federal sentences of one year or longer were convicted of drug offenses.  

According to the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse (2000), White teenagers are over 33% more likely to have sold illegal drugs than their Black counterparts.  

Usage rates for marijuana are approximately the same regardless of race.  However, according to this same survey, White students are SEVEN TIMES more likely to use cocaine and heroin.  Before you say "well, that's just self-report survey data," bear in mind that White youth visit hospital emergency rooms due to illegal drug use three times more than Black youth.

Yet, despite this, THREE QUARTERS of those imprisoned for drug crimes are Black or Latino.  
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race...right-manipulates-white-fear-with-bogus-data/
* Only about 1 percent of African Americans — and no more than 2 percent of black males — will commit a violent crime in a given year;

* Even though there are more black-on-white interracial crimes than white-on-black interracial crimes, this fact is not evidence of anti-white racial targeting by black offenders. Rather, it is completely explained by two factors having nothing to do with anti-white bias: namely, the general differences in rates of criminal offending, and the rates at which whites and blacks encounter one another (and thus, have the opportunity to victimize one another). Once these two factors are “controlled for” in social science terms, the actual rates of black-on-white crime are lower than random chance would predict;

* No more than 0.7 percent (seven-tenths of one percent) of African Americans will commit a violent crime against a white person in a given year, and fewer than 0.3 (three-tenths of one percent) of whites will be victimized by a black person in a given year;

* Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.
Someone influenced by racism in our society is more likely to consider a Black man "dangerous" or "scary."  That doesn't require a grand conspiracy to exterminate people of color.  It just requires subconscious prejudice to influence one's perception of a threat. 

Most people are, by now, familiar with the biases exposed by Implicit Association Tests (https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html). 

This is what happens when you take an IAT with a gun instead of a computer.

And those stats make more sense when you see 70% of cops that are being murdered are being murdered by black males. In areas and cities where the population is mostly black and the crime is highest. Is it that hard to see why cops make ****** up mistakes?

To be fair, those cops who make mistakes should be thrown in jail. Im just saying it aint hard to see why this happens. Unless you have the everything is racism glasses on.
not true more Whites have killed cops than blacks.
And those stats make more sense when you see 70% of cops that are being murdered are being murdered by black males. In areas and cities where the population is mostly black and the crime is highest. Is it that hard to see why cops make ****** up mistakes?

To be fair, those cops who make mistakes should be thrown in jail. Im just saying it aint hard to see why this happens. Unless you have the everything is racism glasses on.
not true white criminals kill cops more than black criminals. http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ffenders-kill-police-officers-black-offenders

Go look up stop and frisk statistics if you don't think blacks are targeted.

And crime is highly correlated with poverty. Black people experience poverty at much higher rates.

Poor whites commit crimes at higher rates than middle class and affluent black people.

High crime is not some purely black phenomena

Im with you on crime being correlated with poverty 100%.

But not that higher crime rates is not a purely black phenomena?

And when it comes to crimes and blacks, don't sit here and act like that isn't a product of this county's past transgressions.

And don't tell me that it was forever ago. Things don't just wash over.

I will say though, There are plenty of positive things going on in these communities as well but that usually isn't the narrative.

Go look up stop and frisk statistics if you don't think blacks are targeted.

And crime is highly correlated with poverty. Black people experience poverty at much higher rates.

Poor whites commit crimes at higher rates than middle class and affluent black people.

High crime is not some purely black phenomena
Im with you on crime being correlated with poverty 100%.
If you sincerely believe that, I think you should apologize for pushing the "Black people commit half the crime in America" nonsense to further the narrative that "Black people are scary" and that deaths like this one are somehow justified.

If you sincerely believe that, you'd be ashamed of pushing offender's race ahead of socioeconomic status and presenting race as a CAUSAL factor in crime rates.

Lurkin, you are absolutely right.

Im not dismissing any of that. Blacks still suffer from the ill effects of slavery, displacement, the launch of the war on drugs, cia bringing cocaine and guns to the hood and racism from years ago.

Im not arguing against incidences of racism when there's evidence to support it.

Big Ben can throw on the tin foil hat for wild conspiracy theories but racism he can't seem to wrap his head around. :smh: :lol:

I find is insulting that whenever black people call for justice, justice that would benefit all of society, not just black people.

That first black people have to concede that their might be their fault they get denied it time and time again.

:smh:

We're not asking for special treatment, we're asking justice, for basic fairness.

If you sincerely believe that, I think you should apologize for pushing the "Black people commit half the crime in America" nonsense to further the narrative that "Black people are scary" and that deaths like this one are somehow justified.

If you sincerely believe that, you'd be ashamed of pushing offender's race ahead of socioeconomic status and presenting race as a CAUSAL factor in crime rates.

How so? Blacks are more than likey to be in poverty, people in poverty are more than likely to commit crime. Even if its a victimless crime, its still a crime.

Im 100% against the war on drugs.

Im 100% against the prison industrial complex.

All ive been saying is everytime a black man is killed by a white cop it isnt always a matter of racism.

How so? Blacks are more than likey to be in poverty, people in poverty are more than likely to commit crime. Even if its a victimless crime, its still a crime.

Im 100% against the war on drugs.

Im 100% against the prison industrial complex.

All ive been saying is everytime a black man is killed by a white cop it isnt always a matter of racism.

We know that. There have been justified killings and I've seen dudes in here concede to that.
This instance isn't the case. It's clear as day on the video.

Lol if im being considered a bigot or racist thats how i know peoples views of racism and what is and isn't systematic racism is bs.

I may be a lot of things, but racist aint one of them.

No troll, but I bet that cop was a lot of things too

And racist was one of them :lol:

I mean I don't know that, but I will be willing to bet that skin color changed his behavior.

Last edited:
We know that. There have been justified killings and I've seen dudes in here concede to that.
This instance isn't the case. It's clear as day on the video.

Bruh and i didnt even argue against it.

I said im waiting for all the facts to come out and people should do the same before they scream racism and people lost their noodle.

Once again what facts could possibly come out that would justify the actions on that tape?

I don't hold racist views, because I don't believe myself to hold racist views.Damn the evidence that makes it seems my views might be racist.

Jeez dude, be better than that.

What in that video shows that its an incident of racism?

Cause he is black with his hands behind his back? Lettuce be cereal. That doesnt prove that he is a victim of racism.

Bruh and i didnt even argue against it.

I said im waiting for all the facts to come out and people should do the same before they scream racism and people lost their noodle.

See below..

People have become more and more reliant on this "Let's wait for all the evidence to come out" rhetoric. The video we've gotten so far is pretty compelling and I can't really think of much that would cause a completely different picture to be painted of what happened in this incident. The police department is already saying that the body cameras "fell off" and the store's surveillance camera footage has been confiscated. That's what the facts of the moment show. Too much trust is being given to these officials who are more likely to defend the actions of their own than they are to ensure justice is properly administered for everyone. 

It really supports the history that cops are extra reckless with black people/African Americans. and view them as more dangerous. Even when they can't defend themselves or pose any threat.

I really hope that you can at least see that.

Last edited:
I don't hold racist views, because I don't believe myself to hold racist views.Damn the evidence that makes it seems my views might be racist.

Jeez dude, be better than that.

Wtf are you even talking about?

I posted to evidence to support that its a cultural issue and that makes me racist?

Back
Top Bottom