RIP George Floyd

a69b1e954666b7bf190d49143f0407fc.gif

I get that emotions are on edge, but logically speaking the cop had no other choice. We can sit here and say that the cop should have shot her in the arm or leg or wherever but given the circumstances that was a split second decision. If he didn't shoot and the girl got stabbed what would the outcome have been?

Must be different - my father stood outside once with me fighting someone as a teen to make sure I don’t get jumped because he brought 2-3 of his friends.

Can’t say what was going on because we weren’t there; the parents perspective.

The excessive force was not needed - 4 shots? There could of been another decision made here.
Yes, but the difference is you were a boy. Do you have female siblings and if so, do you think your pops would allow them to square up outside with other girls?

I get that emotions are on edge, but logically speaking the cop had no other choice. We can sit here and say that the cop should have shot her in the arm or leg or wherever but given the circumstances that was a split second decision. If he didn't shoot and the girl got stabbed what would the outcome have been?

Him firing and striking the other girl is a possibility.

There are always options. Why fire multiple rounds? What's the point of target practice if these cops are so bad they can't just aim below the waist? No one is saying aim right for the knee cap with pinpoint accuracy but directing your trajectory slightly lower shouldn't be that difficult for someone trained in the use of firearms. Stop making it seem like this cop didn't have options. He just didn't have any other "options" based on his horrendous training.

Parents watching the girl get her *** beat = not the parents fault but the cops

Cop shooting girl attempting to stab other girl = cops fault

Had cop not shot girl with knife and she killed the other girl = cops fault

I don’t like cops either but some of y’all sound so damn stupid :lol:

a KnIfE wOuNd WoUlDnT hAvE kIlLeD hEr

I wOulDve ShOt HeR LeGs

Forgot NTers can do it all in split second situations
Shooting shorty was the only option in this situation? ...The cop showed up with a gun ready to shoot no matter what was happening, that’s the real main problem

That’s why me and my ppls don’t call the police, they usually make things worse when they show up or pull up after you need em talking bout “investigating”

Him firing and striking the other girl is a possibility.

There are always options. Why fire multiple rounds? What's the point of target practice if these cops are so bad they can't just aim below the waist? No one is saying aim right for the knee cap with pinpoint accuracy but directing your trajectory slightly lower shouldn't be that difficult for someone trained in the use of firearms. Stop making it seem like this cop didn't have options. He just didn't have any other "options" based on his horrendous training.

Imagine aiming at the legs, missing and hitting someone else, the other girl gets stabbed and the cop just shot the wrong threat....he neutralized the only threat in this scenario at the time of his arrival, unfortunately that was the 16 year old that senselessly lost her life....seriously those foster parents are garbage and should face charges for negligence

Shooting shorty was the only option in this situation? ...The cop showed up with a gun ready to shoot no matter what was happening, that’s the real main problem

At that specific moment based on the very clear footage and how fast everything happen, what else could he have possibly done that would have ensure the life of the girl about to get stabbed?

A lot of vascular structures running through the legs though. Get hit in the femoral artery and it's curtains. Body is full of arteries and vital organs. There's no really "good" place to get shot man.

They should carry something less lethal than guns but something more impactful than tasers. Like rubber bullets or something, I don't know. Sort of just brainstorming.

I can get down for criticizing a cops actions anyday, I can’t stand police culture in America...***** them, but I’m also not gonna ignore logic, I don’t see this as police brutality or over reaction given the time he actually had to react.

A lot of vascular structures running through the legs though. Get hit in the femoral artery and it's curtains. Body is full of arteries and vital organs. There's no really "good" place to get shot man.

They should carry something less lethal than guns but something more impactful than tasers. Like rubber bullets or something, I don't know. Sort of just brainstorming.

bullets can also get trapped inside the body, get shot in the leg and somehow the exit wound ends up being your middle back and that one bullet just turned your insides to ground meat....

but hey...this conversation done left the realm of logic, dudes want to find anyway possible to blame the cop in this situation.

Yes, but the difference is you were a boy. Do you have female siblings and if so, do you think your pops would allow them to square up outside with other girls?

Totally agree - it’s a different from men and women. I do agree on this.

No, only child. My girl cousins (I’m the oldest) had it happened to them - someone across the street took her doll - she tried to go over to get it - girl wanted to fight. She came running back crying about the girl.

My grandmother sent her back outside She stood on the porch and made sure nothing happen.

Had to call my daughter mother to ask her about my stance. Depending on the situation. She feels that our child should defend herself. Fight back. However she not allowing her to fight if girls were to come to the house.

At that specific moment based on the very clear footage and how fast everything happen, what else could he have possibly done that would have ensure the life of the girl about to get stabbed?
From my understanding they have tasers, pepper spray, batons etc ...You need a gun to break up a knife fight? Especially the so called “training” and “skills” these fools supposed to have and brag about

The cop came onto the scene with the gun out , even before shorty was going at the other girl with the knife...his solution that day was to shoot no matter what happened...That’s not how it should be, you think it’s ok for guns to be drawn in every situation?

From my understanding they have tasers, pepper spray, batons etc ...You need a gun to break up a knife fight? Especially the so called “training” and “skills” these fools supposed to have and brag about

The cop came onto the scene with the gun out , even before shorty was going at the other girl with the knife...his solution that day was to shoot no matter what happened...That’s not how it should be

this wasn’t really a knife fight bro...one thing is to arrive and witness someone brandishing a knife making threats, the other is to arrive and within 5 seconds one chick is on the ground and the other about to get poked up....ya keep ignoring the little time given to process this mess...if he didn’t act, shorty in pink would be dead or seriously injured.

Totally agree - it’s a different from men and women. I do agree on this.

No, only child. My girl cousins (I’m the oldest) had it happened to them - someone across the street took her doll - she tried to go over to get it - girl wanted to fight. She came running back crying about the girl.

My grandmother sent her back outside She stood on the porch and made sure nothing happen.

Had to call my daughter mother to ask her about my stance. Depending on the situation. She feels that our child should defend herself. Fight back. However she not allowing her to fight if girls were to come to the house.
Did u ask her why she wouldn’t let her fight?
She she go into detail?
I totally agree with her and props to you for reaching out to her for her opinion.

this wasn’t really a knife fight bro...one thing is to arrive and witness someone brandishing a knife making threats, the other is to arrive and within 5 seconds one chick is on the ground and the other about to get poked up....ya keep ignoring the little time given to process this mess...if he didn’t act, shorty in pink would be dead or seriously injured.
You not answering my question tho, was letting off gun shots the only way to stop her? ...Did he have to arrive on the scene with the gun out without even assessing the situation ? If the answer is yes to these questions the they can really shoot **** up whenever they want then, which they already do

Would never not tell my kid to not defend himself, me setting up a fight for him/her like a PPV event, nah man...we gotta be better than that as adults

This. And parents who think this way are dumb af. Go beyond your kid fighting another kid. If your kid beats the other kid up. You’re opening the door for CPS being called (there’s a good chance someone filmed the fight and said parent is going to be on those videos not looking in a good light) or the other kids parents decide to come after you and you don’t know who they know or who they’re affiliated with.

I saw a situation years ago where some dude made his son fight some other kid. The kids father was the aggressor the entire time while the other kid wasn’t trying to fight. His son ends up getting beat up in a 1 on 1 fight so the father jumps in because he couldn’t handle the results of something he was the primary aggressor and instigator of.

The cop came onto the scene with the gun out , even before shorty was going at the other girl with the knife...his solution that day was to shoot no matter what happened...That’s not how it should be, you think it’s ok for guns to be drawn in every situation?
Maybe he had his gun out based on the information that was relayed to him?

At the end of the day, police needs to be trained better. Reaching for the gun, cannot be the solution to all.
Training probably plays some role but I doubt it substantially differs from how our police is trained, the main difference is the impunity US police operates under.

Did u ask her why she wouldn’t let her fight?
She she go into detail?
I totally agree with her and props to you for reaching out to her for her opinion.

More than sure because she an attorney and her stature in Atlanta is not worth being on the news.

However, I know we’ve have had conversations with our daughter together about fighting. If someone puts their hands on you, you better fight back - don’t ever turn your back. We will deal with whoever when we get there. She stood firm on that, too.

Then again, I’ve heard stories from her mom on how girls would come to the house and she would go out there and square up. :lol:

One thing I know about the country: people fight, period.

Back
Top Bottom