RIP George Floyd

If you call the cops in a violent situation someone is probably going to get killed. Mom and dad should have done more to break up the fighting before the cops got there, or forced their daughter inside.

If you invite cops into your business bad things will happen. Not excusing the cops, they're savages. But sometimes you just can't call them because everybody looks like an enemy to them. They'll shoot victims and aggressors.

BUT, If the neighbors called the cops then you can't do anything about it.

Yea I treat calling the cops like calling an assassin. if you do so, prepare for the possibility of someone dying INCLUDING YOURSELF :smh:

Why, because you say so?
The only target that works is to shoot for the torso?
Haven’t even watched the actual video and still gathering all the facts as I’m just finding out about this incident. But its obvious you’ve never handled firearms or shot a gun before.

Shooting for the “limbs” or shooting the weapon out of a attackers hand is Hollywood. That’s not how firearms and marksmanship work in real life.

All I’m seeing on Twitter is people asking why he didn’t shoot for the arm or leg if he was choosing to use lethal force. Not saying his decision of use of force is justified, but everyone’s mindset of how he could of shot her is laughable

So how y'all feel about these vids?
Cause to me, every single one that of them deserved to be popped

The officers did a terrible job in the first video. She threw the knife towards the cop and they let it sit there until she had enough time to grab it again. At that point it could've gone to hand-to-hand, but they missed the opportunity.

Second video had missed opportunities too. I feel like having both officers facing in front of the assailant was a bad choice. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it make more sense to have one officer facing his front while having the other officer move to his side or behind him? Seems like that would allow for more opportunities to disarm him in a non-lethal fashion.

I won't make the assertion that knife attacks never deserve to be met with lethal force, but it should be the absolute last resort and neither of the above videos mimic what went down in the case of Ma'Khia Bryant.

Haven’t even watched the actual video and still gathering all the facts as I’m just finding out about this incident. But its obvious you’ve never handled firearms or shot a gun before.

Shooting for the “limbs” or shooting the weapon out of a attackers hand is Hollywood. That’s not how firearms and marksmanship work in real life.

All I’m seeing on Twitter is people asking why he didn’t shoot for the arm or leg if he was choosing to use lethal force. It’s laughable
I dont know you so I'm not going say to what I've done nor havent done before when it comes to firearms.

I never mentioned shooting a weapong out of someone's hand. Please kept that Hollywood stunt with you.

But Yes, you can "real life" shoot or aim at someone's limbs. On purpose or accident. When wearing bullet proof vest, cops get shot in limbs a lot.

I couldnt get the link for the video below but this SPECIFIC video shows a cop shooting an Hispanic in the limbs so she would drop the knife. He shot her legs twice. She dropped the knife. He kicked the knife away. She's NOT DEAD and went into custody.
20210421_140939.jpg

Found it.

All I’m seeing on Twitter is people asking why he didn’t shoot for the arm or leg if he was choosing to use lethal force. Not saying his decision of use of force is justified, but everyone’s mindset of how he could of shot her is laughable

LOL handling a gun also doesn't tell you how painful getting shot in nonlethal parts of the body can be. I've seen it time and time again when I used to be in the trauma bay. Bullets hurt like hell and most people aren't zombies who keep charging after being shot in the lower extremity.

Center mass yes, this isnt a debateable thing actually. You ever go to a shooting range, do those things you shoot at have limbs? No. This aint the movies where you can shoot their hand and gun away.
You right. It's not, when we can watch a cop do it below. I'm sure he's been to the range btw.

This would be ideal. Rubber bullets?

Mace, tasers, hell why don't cops have tranquilizer guns? :rofl:

The real reason has to do with what the police in this country represents and continues to represent in this country as a tool of racist terror. The police culture in UmuriKKKa places men with evil racist intentions in a position of the executioner.

You right. It's not, when we can watch a cop do it below. I'm sure he's been to the range btw.

why is dude acting like its impossible to train cops to shoot people below the waist. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess their 6 months of training aint enough to cover that. :smh::smh::smh:

You can definitely aim at limbs :lol: Nobody is saying cops need to bend bullets around walls. If you're an officer who is required to go to a gun range for a certain amount of hours each month and can't hit someone in the lower body from 10 feet away maybe hang it up. This isn't for you

Those cop shooting videos are horrible to watch.
That Ohio shooting though got me thinking. If police shoot somebody in my country (finland) they 99% of the time shoot to disable not to kill. Legs first.
Couple years ago we had some terrorist running with knife stabbing people and the first cops shot him in the knee and the situation was over.
Your cops shoot to kill and watching those videos they are scared and out of control. Cops should never be that nervous and out of control.
The police training in US should be muuuch much longer to weed out the not fit for police types. And to have some sort of discipline not to mag dump.

You can definitely aim at limbs :lol: Nobody is saying cops need to bend bullets around walls. If you're an officer who is required to go to a gun range for a certain amount of hours each month and can't hit someone in the lower body from 10 feet away maybe hang it up. This isn't for you

yea dudes are acting like it's impossible to just aim down a little bit. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No one is asking the police to turn into deadshot.

The police training in US should be muuuch much longer to weed out the not fit for police types. And to have some sort of discipline not to mag dump.

this is a major issue in American police forces that is constantly overlooked. You don't need to be Dwayne Johnson jacked to be a cop but they need to minimize hiring weaklings to be officers. The guy from Ohio is 1000% not capable of physically deescalating a fight.

Imagine it was 3 grown men in that situation with no weapons involved. You think anyone is looking at that guy and thinking "oh man this cop will beat my *** if I don't comply." Their first instinct in a moment of anger would be "I'm tossing this little dude off me" which would have led to the cop having to use one of his weapons to protect himself.

this is a major issue in American police forces that is constantly overlooked. You don't need to be Dwayne Johnson jacked to be a cop but they need to minimize hiring weaklings to be officers. The guy from Ohio is 1000% not capable of physically deescalating a fight.

Imagine it was 3 grown men in that situation with no weapons involved. You think anyone is looking at that guy and thinking "oh man this cop will beat my *** if I don't comply." Their first instinct in a moment of anger would be "I'm tossing this little dude off me" which would have led to the cop having to use one of his weapons to protect himself.

Then theres the, should women be cops debate if this is the case. No man is going to feel threatened with a women cop, just off physicality.

I found some ridiculous stat comparing USA and Finland cops. This is from 2016 but still point stands.
In the United States, the police have killed 5,600 people in the 21st century - six in Finland. Proportionate to the population, American police have killed 16 times more people than Finns.

Then theres the, should women be cops debate if this is the case. No man is going to feel threatened with a women cop, just off physicality.

There are strong women. But I know a woman who's 5 feet Tall and like 100 pounds. Would straight up get body slammed by anyone who didn't want to comply. But the NYPD assigned her to a fairly quiet area where the risk of her needing to be able to physically restrain someone won't present itself often.

Putting a man or woman who is physically unable to handle a perp in a high crime area is just asking for them to be put in a situation where the only way they don't get a beat down is to shoot their gun.

I found some ridiculous stat comparing USA and Finland cops. This is from 2016 but still point stands.
In the United States, the police have killed 5,600 people in the 21st century - six in Finland. Proportionate to the population, American police have killed 16 times more people than Finns.

Not excusing the killings here but Finland has about 5.5 million people, US has about 330 million

That stat is pointless

Without a gun, there would be no courage.

There are strong women. But I know a woman who's 5 feet Tall and like 100 pounds. Would straight up get body slammed by anyone who didn't want to comply. But the NYPD assigned her to a fairly quiet area where the risk of her needing to be able to physically restrain someone won't present itself often.

Putting a man or woman who is physically unable to handle a perp in a high crime area is just asking for them to be put in a situation where the only way they don't get a beat down is to shoot their gun.

I mean forget women being physically unfit, half the cops in big cities are obese. So that throws the "physical requirements" out the window.

Not excusing the killings here but Finland has about 5.5 million people, US has about 330 million

That stat is pointless
Yeah but compared to population its still 16 times more. And we got lots of guns here too.
But the main difference is our cops have three years of training. Not 6 months and there you have your gun go shoot some people.

Back
Top Bottom