School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

Time out. This is a potential life-threatening issue for regular Russians.

Am I the only one who sees the breadth of these sanctions as excessive? You can't be talking about "the problem is Putin" and hurt regular Russians this much.

Remember that Hitler's hatred for the winners of WWI had to do with the very punitive financial measures that were applied to Germany (since they lost the conflict), which left the whole palace destitute.

If the EU doesn't have significant financial packages to help rebuild the Russian economy after Putin is gone, they (we) are gonna have very real problems in the future.

This will be the last Johnny FD video I post, this dude is beyond trash. I’ve only been posting these because him and Bald are on the ground out there documenting the experience of fleeing Ukraine. Besides disregarding warnings from the West and even going on RT to deny that Russia was invading, here Johnny and Bald run for their lives from the impending Russian invasion. Now, mind you, Johnny is an Asian dude from California. But the way he’s been treating and talking about “foreigners” and “gypsies” in these videos has been horrible. And it also shows that Non-White people are really being treated and looked down upon like **** when trying to flee the war. He himself is a foreigner who’s running for his life and he still talks about certain people in a disparaging way.

And the dude moves to Ukraine, considers himself Ukrainian and talks about how great and civilized they are in comparison to Americans. Yet when it was time to fight, he ran for his life. But he still sells shirts calling himself a Mongolian warlord LOL

FA64A021-2490-46AA-B42B-C47F34DAAA1A.jpeg

I never heard of this guy until somebody posted a video of his on here (was it you? Lol). Anyways, I quickly found out I despise the **** out of him. He talks so much **** about Americans, and how we act, or we are, smh. The funny thing is, whenever he talks to Ukraines on how Ukraines are, nice, gentle, understanding people, it always backfires, and somebody puts him in his place or doesn't agree with him. I too only watch his videos because he's giving a first person perspective, but still he's a *****.

The bald guy, I like his content, and dude just comes off genuine, and charismatic. I subbed to his page. Johnny, I will be unsubscribing now.

Time out. This is a potential life-threatening issue for regular Russians.

Am I the only one who sees the breadth of these sanctions as excessive? You can't be talking about "the problem is Putin" and hurt regular Russians this much.

Remember that Hitler's hatred for the winners of WWI had to do with the very punitive financial measures that were applied to Germany (since they lost the conflict), which left the whole palace destitute.

If the EU doesn't have significant financial packages to help rebuild the Russian economy after Putin is gone, they (we) are gonna have very real problems in the future.

More sanctions coming too.

I don't think anyone will see it as excessive as long as civilians are being killed. The hope will be for Russians to revolt from the inside due to the sanctions as I can't see Putin pulling his troops out.

The bald guy, I like his content, and dude just comes off genuine, and charismatic. I subbed to his page. Johnny, I will be unsubscribing now.

Bald and Bankrupt is my guy. :lol:

Most traveler bloggers and influencers are beyond cringe and out of touch but dude is legitimately funny, doesn’t take himself too seriously and is genuinely respectful.

I never heard of this guy until somebody posted a video of his on here (was it you? Lol). Anyways, I quickly found out I despise the **** out of him. He talks so much **** about Americans, and how we act, or we are, smh. The funny thing is, whenever he talks to Ukraines on how Ukraines are, nice, gentle, understanding people, it always backfires, and somebody puts him in his place or doesn't agree with him. I too only watch his videos because he's giving a first person perspective, but still he's a *****.

Yeah, Johnny is a herb. I started following his channel because of Bald. Anytime Bald does a video with someone, they gain a ton of subscribers. In terms of influence, he’s like the Joe Rogan of travel vlogs. Rogan always had people like Joey Diaz, Tom Segura, Bert Krescher, etc around and they gained fans by being on his platform. Same with Bald and these other travel vloggers . Bald’s videos are great and very entertaining, although there’s a lot of speculation that he’s a shady character/sex tourist. That other vlogger, Harald Baldr is a straight up, Scandinavian fascist.

This dude is another affiliate of Bald. He’s a Russian and he’s describing what it’s like being sanctioned in Russia right now. Obviously people in Ukraine are having it much worse but your average Russian is also suffering in other ways. This kid in particular is firmly against the Russian invasion although he’s a bit careful in how he’s voicing that because Putin watching.

Last edited:
I watch bald & bankrupt too but heard another youtuber say the guy doesn't like certain groups.

Unlike some other countries (Ukraine) Russia doesn't have much of a history of protest. There are also plenty of nationalist types who take what the Kremlin is telling them as gospel

The uneducated are fierce Putin loyalists and education has been deemphasized in Russia for a long time (something not unnoticed by fascists in America)
True, but they have a strong history of coups.

More sanctions coming too.

I don't think anyone will see it as excessive as long as civilians are being killed. The hope will be for Russians to revolt from the inside due to the sanctions as I can't see Putin pulling his troops out.
My worry is that, instead of getting Putin out, a significant number of them end up rallying behind him as their pain increases with no discernible ceiling.

Sanctions can backfire, especially if they can be tied to innocent civilian deaths.

In addition, the wall-to-wall pro-Ukrainian coverage of the conflict hides a very vocal support for Putin in places that have been at the receiving end of the imperialistic adventures of western nations. The last thing you want sanctions to do is give these folks an event like a plane accident that could have been avoided if the airline had access to Boeing/Airbus maintenance manuals.

Excellent episode that explains the effect of sanctions on Russia and the rest of the world

Didn’t know the world was invading Russia and launching cluster bombs on its civilians indiscriminately.

Plenty of other countries do or did the same.

So what the world is doing is not affecting Russia citizens too? Their all broke at this point, the aftermath will be worse.

Not picking sides here, playing devils advocate.

I mean he kinda has a point. Imagine if all our poor countrymen had to suffer every time our evil American government commited a war crime or whatever bs our government is typically on

I mean he kinda has a point. Imagine if all our poor countrymen had to suffer every time our evil American government commited a war crime or whatever bs our government is typically on
Let that happen they get the Ronald Reagan treatment in this country

Back
Top Bottom