School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

The West is pushing this notion of Putin wanting to rebuild the USSR, He will never regain countries like Estonia Latvia, Lithuania
Putin himself talks at length about the concept of Greater Russia. It's not the USSR we're talking about, it's Russia before the Bolchevik revolution.

The whole effort of this conflict was to secure eastern Ukraine the part where Putin claimed sovereignty for the separatist in easter Ukraine. I dont think they wanted the capital other than to wreck it. The could drone strike the capital all day.
They didn't want the capital to wreck it. Putin had no intention to wreck the capital for many reasons, the most important of which being the need for a government seat for his new pro-Russia government.

Are we forgetting that Russia's pride, their VDV paratroopers, got smashed to bits in Hostomol, trying to establish an airbridge 10 klicks outside Kyiv?

Or that their reinforcements from Belarus turned into a disastrous forty mile convoy pileup, before it just faded away?

50+ Billion later & apparently the cause of inflation ( :lol: )

Ya'll still supporting this

Thread done slowed down, I think they see the bigger picture now

messed up, apparently hit the building from Belarus

Thread done slowed down, I think they see the bigger picture now

Nope, still think you are dead wrong

And I still think it is important the world doesn't just let Putin invade, takeover and commit a whole bunch of war crimes without push back

50+ Billion later & apparently the cause of inflation ( :lol: )

Ya'll still supporting this
The $2.3 trillion COVID spending package Trump signed had nothing to do with this inflation huh?

For the record, I agree that the current administration hasn’t done anything to help slow it down.

It's wild how people overseas treat fast food like it's special. And yes I'm aware the menu items are different from what we get
same thing here

one cat on here waited hours for a damn chik fil a sandwich
go to the food thread. cats mark the calendars for taco bell drops. :lol:
popeyes chicken sandwich was madness.

Nope, still think you are dead wrong

And I still think it is important the world doesn't just let Putin invade, takeover and commit a whole bunch of war crimes without push back

wrong about what?

all i stated was we gotta negotiate with Putin now since the minsk agreement fell apart to avoid a WW3 ball is in Russia hands on how this whole war on Ukraine ends.

“War crimes”, Putin ain’t worried about that

He’s bullying all these countr

Funny how people are concerned about war crimes quite hypocritical

Last edited:
What extra hilarious about this is that America has also funded 38 Billion over 10 years to Israel who has been terrorizing Palestine for years :lol: .

The Kremlin is likely setting conditions for crypto-mobilization of the Russian economy in preparation for a protracted war in Ukraine. The Kremlin proposed an amendment to federal laws on Russian Armed Forces supply matters to the Russian State Duma on June 30, that would introduce “special measures in the economic sphere” obliging Russian businesses (regardless of ownership) to supply Russian special military and counterterrorist operations.[1] The amendment would prohibit Russian businesses from refusing to accept state orders for special military operations and allow the Kremlin to change employee contracts and work conditions, such as forcing workers to work during the night or federal holidays. The Kremlin noted in the amendment’s description that the ongoing special military operation in Ukraine exposed supply shortages, specifically materials needed to repair military equipment, and stated that Russian officials need to “concentrate their efforts in certain sectors of the economy." Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely mobilizing the Russian economy and industry to sustain the ongoing war effort, but has not yet taken parallel measures to mobilize Russian manpower on a large scale.

Russian authorities are likely taking measures to integrate the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) directly into the Russian energy system, contradicting previous Russian statements that the Zaporizhzhia NPP would sell electricity to Ukraine. Olga Kosharna, an independent expert on nuclear energy, stated on June 30 that Russia’s Rosatom (Russian state-owned nuclear energy corporation) employees have been taking measures at the Zaporizhzhia NPP to potentially divert its energy to the Russian energy grid.[2] Kosharna added that Russian forces have been working in Chonhard (southern Kherson Oblast) to repair the main energy transmission line that runs into Crimea, which Ukrainian forces had destroyed in 2015 following Russia’s seizure of the transmission line after the annexation of Crimea in 2014. Representatives of Ukraine’s Ukrenergo electricity transmission operator had stated as recently as late May that it would be physically impossible for Russia to divert Ukrainian electricity to Russia following the destruction of those transmission lines.[3] Russian forces are likely seeking to ensure physical access to transmission lines in order to support the direct flow of Ukrainian energy into Russia, which may explain some of the military activities observed in recent weeks in the Russian-occupied portions of Zaporizhia Oblast.

Russian authorities had indicated on May 18 that while the Zaporizhzhia NPP would work for Russia, it would continue to sell energy to Ukraine, as ISW reported.[4] However, it is becoming increasingly evident that Russian authorities are taking measures to integrate Ukrainian economic assets directly into the Russian economy.
Reports that Russian forces may be preparing a false flag provocation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP could be part of this Russian effort--Moscow might use such a false flag attack to accuse Ukrainian authorities of mismanaging nuclear assets and justify taking full control of them and their output.[5]

Key Takeaways

• Ukrainian sources reported that Russian authorities may be preparing to annex areas of southern Ukraine as the “Tavriia Gubernia” and that Russian authorities are setting conditions for annexation through preparing referenda in occupied areas.
  • Russian forces may be planning a false flag provocation at the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.
  • Russian forces continued offensive operations in and around Lysychansk.
  • Russian forces made marginal gains east of Bakhmut along the E40 highway and may seek to prepare for a direct offensive on Bakhmut.
  • Russian forces continued offensive operations to advance on Slovyansk from the northwest near the Kharkiv-Donetsk Oblast border.
  • Russian forces are continuing to engage in offensive operations north of Kharkiv City, indicating that the Kremlin has territorial ambitions beyond the Donbas that will continue to attrit manpower and equipment, potentially at the cost of offensive power on more critical axes of advance.
  • Russian forces continued to reinforce their defensive presence along the Southern Axis.

all I can think of is the billions of dollars worth of weapons being funded and sent to eastern Ukraine which is now a failed state ending up in Russian hands while the Ukrainians are fleeing in some areas just reminds me of that atrocious pullout announced on live tv by Biden for Afghanistan left all those weapons, aircraft, vehicles, etc to the Taliban is another bad decision from him

These sanctions aint working and our USA gas suppliers are taking advantage of the citizens while raking in record profits last year and our president "urges" states to remove the gas tax :smh:

:lol::smh: at "revived" in the headline NPR is now drinking the propaganda kool aid, a bit too late to the party now.

"As it presses ahead with providing tens of billions of dollars in military, economic and direct financial support aid to Ukraine and encourages its allies to do the same, the Biden administration is now once again grappling with longstanding worries about Ukraine's suitability as a recipient of massive infusions of American aid."

I literally just said this with my post above earlier :smh:

Ukraine the most corrupt country in Europe somehow biden crack smoking son was pulling in $50k a month there :smh: and we just sending billions of dollars and weapons recipe for disaster

Now Zelensky sees his own people turning against him and now he firing his senior officials sounds like what Trump was doing very dictator like

Zelensky going to end up like Saddam

Last edited:
:lol::smh: at "revived" in the headline NPR is now drinking the propaganda kool aid, a bit too late to the party now.

"As it presses ahead with providing tens of billions of dollars in military, economic and direct financial support aid to Ukraine and encourages its allies to do the same, the Biden administration is now once again grappling with longstanding worries about Ukraine's suitability as a recipient of massive infusions of American aid."

I literally just said this with my post above earlier :smh:

Ukraine the most corrupt country in Europe somehow biden crack smoking son was pulling in $50k a month there :smh: and we just sending billions of dollars and weapons recipe for disaster

Now Zelensky sees his own people turning against him and now he firing his senior officials sounds like what Trump was doing very dictator like

Zelensky going to end up like Saddam
Blink, if you're KGB.

Yall got nothing to add to the thread but jokes bunch of kids
No, you with the jokes. Zelenskyy becoming Saddam Hussein? :lol:

Ukrainian corruption is a legacy decease from Soviet RuZzia and I love that they has begun labeling corruption as treason, because the most deeply rooted corruption is paid in dirty Rubles. Corrupt mayors sold out Ukraine to Putin, disclosing minefields and surrendering territories to murderers, torturers, rapists and washing machine looters. Rumor has it, that the Russia just demanded the closure of the Jewish Agency for Israel, because Mossad helped SBU to root out hundreds of corrupt traitors with KGB connections.

They have to aggressively reform Ukraine, so their EU membership accession can be accelerated and then a NATO membership should be next. Ukraine have already embrace NATO military doctrine and quickly master any weapons system we give them.

By arming Ukraine with NATO precision ordinance, not only will they burn Putin's Razzhist army down, this will also weaken Russia's corrupting influence everywhere in the rest of the world. Who's going to invest their national security in Russian arms? Their stuff is worthless, their barbaric military doctrin is only useful against unarmed civilians.

And compare to Iraq and Afghanistan it's cheap.

There's no American boys and girls coming home in bodybags and we know, the Ukrainian people actually wants our help. This is not GWOT, our aide is welcomed and put to great use. All these great weapons, designed to smash the great Soviet threat, we can finally use they for good: To stop Russia's genocide and their western expansion. While Russia is targeting malls, cultural sites and maternity wards, our weapons are used to send command centers, fuel depots and military garrisons where Russian warship went.

Slava Ukraini.

No, you with the jokes. Zelenskyy becoming Saddam Hussein? :lol:

They have to aggressively reform Ukraine, so their EU membership accession can be accelerated and then a NATO membership should be next. Ukraine have already embrace NATO military doctrine and quickly master any weapons system we give them.

And compare to Iraq and Afghanistan it's cheap.

you agreeing with Ukraine being corrupt was my point

I can see how that zelensky statement comes off as a joke but time will tell.

Ukraine becoming a part of NATO is a hard sale just ask Türkiye. All members have to agree.

and compared to afghan and Iraq you saying its cheaper to fight Russia? A more capable and mechanized military than those countries you mentioned?

Last edited:
you agreeing with Ukraine being corrupt was my point

I can see how that zelensky statement comes off as a joke but time will tell.

Ukraine becoming a part of NATO is a hard sale just ask Türkiye. All members have to agree.

and compared to afghan and Iraq you saying its cheaper to fight Russia? A more capable and mechanized military than those countries you mentioned?
Nope.

Denmark gave name to the Copenhagen Criteria, the EU accession criteria and they support and believe in Ukraine's candidacy. This is why Zelenskyy is cleaning house, the new generation of Ukrainians know, that they must reform to EU standards or die. As for Turkey, as we saw with Sweden and Finland, NATO allows Erdogan to bark, but not bite. And as for Russia's capable and mechanized military, their so-called three-day "special operation" is a historic embarrassment. Their military incompetence is only surpassed by their war crimes.

Back
Top Bottom