School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

https://tinyurl.com/2p8mwdvj

ukraine.JPG

went out like Gs. RIP :frown:

1645748677621.png

Putin doesn't care though.

The UK hasn't even sanctioned the two Russian billionaires that own soccer clubs there.

Somewhere on the Korean peninsula, Kim Jon Un is stroking those nuclear warheads. "This gamma radiation smells like freedom and peace"
Whether he cares or not, their economy will be in shambles soon enough. And there will be even more blowback when the Russians realize that this war is going to go longer than they anticipated.

Also, I don't think will have to worry about a Nuclear exchange at all, no nation is willing to response with a Nuclear strike.

Is their really anything that can be done to Russia besides sanctions?

Seems like we’re screwed if we help or don’t help.

I don’t think sanctions will do much. Putin the type of guy who does what he wants no matter the consequences.

Ain't no way in hell he could even muster up enough troops in Siberia to even attempt an occupation of Alaska. Also, some former eastern bloc countries are now under NATO and so are the Scandanavian countries, so that would definitely turn into Russia vs the West not even Putin wants to go against all of NATO, he's aggressive as hell and arrogant, but not irrational.

I don’t think sanctions will do much. Putin the type of guy who does what he wants no matter the consequences.
Sanction will definitely **** up their economy. But Putin is okay with taking that risk for a land grab. Also, the war with Ukraine is going to cost them even more money and will wear them out.

At best the sanctions were weak. They didn’t cut off the export of oil from Russia to Europe namely because Europe was to quick to walk away from their energy sources such as nuclear. Now they are dependent on Russia for energy. And related to the ability to pay for said oil, Russia was not completely cut off from banking. The delivery of oil to Europe makes them at the whim of Putin.

At best the sanctions were weak. They didn’t cut off the export of oil from Russia to Europe namely because Europe was to quick to walk away from their energy sources such as nuclear. Now they are dependent on Russia for energy. And related to the ability to pay for said oil, Russia was not completely cut off from banking. The delivery of oil to Europe makes them at the whim of Putin.
Oil is only one part of the equation, finances are going to take a big hit too in Russia.

Understood. But without someone within the Russian inner circle willing to coup this psychopath, what will they do? Putin is unstable and I don’t see anyone rising against him. Russia arrested and disappeared some 1500-1700 protesters today. I think his mental aptitude will have no problem replacing anyone at this point. Even family members.

Back
Top Bottom