Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

I actually don't think this might work for Phoenix, but it sure as hell makes the Lakers/Suns rivalry a lot more interesting! A possible Western Conf.finals between these two would be great for ratings.......

i agree that seems like a stupid trade but it became obvious that the Suns were not going to win the chip with Marion..the Lakers got better then the suns whenthey got Gasol..

and the window to win that ring is only getting smaller..Steve Nash is getting older and he will be able to run like that but for so long and once Nash is donethe suns are done..

n outside of that, pretty much everyone in the West is better..a few teams that prob couldnt beat the suns in a series last year could now..the suns had to dosomething..

The suns know they will have to play half good in the half court to win the west this year.

There is no way that shaq is commin off the bench be serious!!!!!!! there are not 140 million dollar player on any bench no matter age

First thing to go wrong and watch them implode, their is only one player in the league that is a worse "leader" and that guy wears 41 for dallas
laugh.gif
Somebody doesn't remember Dirk steamrolling through the Suns in the WCF two years ago...
Chris Broussard's take on this trade:

Why?'' I cried. "I can't see one benefit to adding Shaq.''

Here's what I was told:

First, the Suns don't think they can win it all as currently constructed. Their lack of big, physical players scares the daylights out of them when they look at a Lakers frontline that features Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom (not to mention Ronny Turiaf).

I was told the Suns got word that Dallas was trying to trade for Shaq (in large part to combat the new-look Lakers' behemoth front line) and that that is what set this Phoenix-Miami deal in motion.

Afraid of what a Dallas team that featured Shaq, Dirk and Josh Howard would look like, the Suns have swept in and attempted to steal Shaq from the Mavericks.

roll.gif
If this is true...
All%20Shook%20Up%20RED%20capa%20calendar.jpg

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Pointless trade.

Not a bad move for MIA getting Marion next to Wade though.

yeah i actually agree that you have to look at the Heat now, in terms of rebuilding, the fact that they could possibly have three great players in Wade,Marion and since they suck they will get a good draft pick.

Pointless trade.

Not necessarily... If Shaq can get into shape, and if this trade rejuvenates his mind and interest to dominate again, watch out... Nash, Bell, Hill, Amare,and Shaq in the same lineup is deadly... Yes they gave up Marion, but if you can get a center AND keep Amare and move him back to forward... That is a meanfront court...

Originally Posted by nnarum

Pointless trade.

Not necessarily... If Shaq can get into shape, and if this trade rejuvenates his mind and interest to dominate again, watch out... Nash, Bell, Hill, Amare, and Shaq in the same lineup is deadly... Yes they gave up Marion, but if you can get a center AND keep Amare and move him back to forward... That is a mean front court...
smh.gif
Shaq is hurt. He's been hurt...He'll be hurt again....

PHX may have just ethered themselves. Steve Kerr overreacting to the Gasol trade gets the big
indifferent.gif

PHX was in the WCF last year. Could have won the series. STABILITY >>>> BUYING/TRADING FOR TALENT

laugh.gif
This is why Dwyane Wade will spend the entirety of his career inMiami. Because he knows Riley gets the job done in terms of the market. Coaching or not, as long as he's within the organization, he makes things happen.There isn't a President of Basketball Operations who is constantly more active.

I knew he couldn't stay down for long.

Patrick James Riley.

He dropped the ball on Posey and Kapono. He got rejected by Mo Williams and Charlie Bell in the off-season. He took the L's for the projects of Smush,Penny fricken Hardaway, and even Blount and Ricky Davis.. But I knew he wouldn't be down for long. He done gone ahead and did it now.

Rented Shaq, got a title (could've very ended up with two titles had some injuries not gone down). Now he's possibly going to ship the back end ofShaq's deal, in his current least productive state for a player who is ridiculously productive, and at the same time has a huge player option, thus giveshim a ****LOAD of options next year. You can re-sign Matrix, renounce his rights for the capspace..Sign and trade him...WOW.

Light is busting thru at the end of the tunnel....

Pointless trade.

Not necessarily... If Shaq can get into shape, and if this trade rejuvenates his mind and interest to dominate again, watch out... Nash, Bell, Hill, Amare, and Shaq in the same lineup is deadly... Yes they gave up Marion, but if you can get a center AND keep Amare and move him back to forward... That is a mean front court...
smh.gif
Shaq is hurt. He's been hurt...He'll be hurt again....

PHX may have just ethered themselves. Steve Kerr overreacting to the Gasol trade gets the big
indifferent.gif

PHX was in the WCF last year. Could have won the series. STABILITY >>>> BUYING/TRADING FOR TALENT

No we weren't. It was the conference semis and yes we could have won. But after the lakers got even bigger and we lost ANOTHER game to the spurs thatlead all but 52 seconds (and they didnt have parker), it was obvious it was time to do something.

Marion woulda been gone next year anyway most likely.

and smh @the moron who said shaq would be amares backup. you play them at the same %!%+%% time to keep amares dumb %** outta foul trouble.

Afraid of what a Dallas team that featured Shaq, Dirk and Josh Howard would look like, the Suns have swept in and attempted to steal Shaq from the Mavericks.
laugh.gif
, wow

Anyway, Riley is the man
pimp.gif

Damn...I don't know what to do with myself right now.
laugh.gif

It's not even that I'm bitter with Shaq, or there was some drama/feud going on like the end of the LA days that stigmatized him in the eyes of themedia, franchise, and fanbase. The big fella is just on his last legs right now, and rather than having post-Preakness Barbaro on our hands for the next twoyears we were able to make massive strides toward rebuilding the franchise moving forward.

Now the questions are as follows:

1. Does Marion opt out or extend at the end of the season, and if not who do the Heat pursue in free agency?
2. Who becomes the "other" major piece of the new core: Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose?

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

1) Marion has success even before Nash got there and they switched to the run and gun style they have now..and yea the heat play more of a slow tempo game..but with Shaq..and Marions ability to run and finish I'm pretty sure Riley is going to have the Heat play more uptempo..and with wade that wont be a problem
Even before Nash the Suns were a faster paced team than the Heat. Before Nash Marion was shooting in the mid-40's for FG%, after Nash it jumps to low 50's. His rebounding also jumps after Nash gets there.

My point wasn't that Marion can't play and won't help the Heat, it was that I don't think he's going to be as great as he was with Phoenix with the Heat.
2)Yes wade can give him assists...Wade can get in the lane ne time he wants and when he does he'll draw an extra defender and if it happens to be Marions man he'll dish to him and finish...sure he won't be dishing out as many as Nash but who does??
Exactly, so even if Wade will give him some assists, it won't be as many as Nash gives him. Marion's easy points from assists are going to go down.
3)This is similar to 2...When your a guard and you penatrate usually your draw a big helping...and when that big helps and wade shoots thats one less big to help get boards...which will help Marion get o boards..
Offensive rebounds tend to come from not boxing out and long bounces. When Wade or anyone drives, the defense collapses into the paint, increasing the chances an offensive player will be boxed out near the basket. After driving to the lane, if a shot is taken near the basket it decreases the chances of a long bounce.
5)Wade drives dishes to marion for a wide open 3...and sure his shot is ugly but he shoots 35%...thats not good..but it isn't as horrible as you think it'd be
Wade drives thinking score, Nash drives thinking pass. I'd bet the chances of getting a drive dish wide open 3 from Nash are higher than getting one from Wade.
6) You must not have watched the Heat when Walker was on their team cuz he stayed pulling every chance he got..and riley will let him shoot 3's cuz of point #5 above...
That's why Walker sucks.

Marion is a volume 3 point shooter, he usually needs 3-5 attempts to be successful. Sometimes he'll hit the first two and then take and miss 3 more just to be sure. Sometimes he'll make all 5, and sometimes he'll miss all 5.

I don't think he'll get as many open attempts with the Heat, and he definitely won't hit many contested ones.
Marion is averaging 15 & 10...Your telling me he can't get that in Miami??...please...I honestly think once he gets to Miami more people he will get about 18 & 12....
The Suns a fast paced, high scoring team (if not the highest) and the Heat are a slow paced, low scoring team. But you think Marion is going to score more with the Heat?

I think his FG attempts will go up but his PPG will stay about 15-17, and I think his rebounding will go down a little. (Just like before Nash)

I think he'll help the Heat, but be overall less effective than he was with the Suns.

I shoud've left flop entirely out of my first post, I don't mean he'll flop as in he'll suck.

sounds like you spend more time looking up stats than actually watching him play the game. he'll be just fine in miami.

Shaq is too fat for the Suns. If the Suns slow it down they'll suffer because they're a crap defensive team. Plus WHEN Shaq sits out for variousreasons the trade will look even more pointless. HAHA Suns, you got scared of us and just done yourselfs over

pimp.gif

Anything that gets Stoudamire out of the lineup as a C is a good move... When the Lakers frontcourt reads, Bynum, Gasol, Odom.. you actually think Marion isgoing to get the Suns past that hump especially when him and Stoudamire couldn't even hold Kwame Brown in the first Lakers vs Suns series.. This is a majormove for the Suns, and it's a hit or miss.. But, Nash is old, Shaq is old, Grant Hill may retire soon ... so, the Suns need to act fast and now b/c thereis not that much time left for those players.. This can also put them over the Mavs or the Spurs

Shaq is still a dangerous threat, so do not be amazed if the Suns actually remain in first place.. Alsooooo.. The Suns can finally run some plays in the halfcourt.. That Run-N-Gun style does not work all the time... Which is why GS got Webber and why the Suns went for Shaq.. Your going to need a big man, that canopen up the floor for other players to score and be a scoring option if that fast break doesn't work... Seriously.. The Suns were going nowhere with Marionin that lineup and that's why they were considering trading him in the off-season (And his contract renegotiation as well) Shaq can also change a lot ofshots in the middle as well.. So this can improve both the Suns half-court offense and inside presence..

And if this doesn't work in 2 years.. Thats fine, b/c you don't owe Shaq anymore money, Nash and Grant Hill will retire, and you can begin rebuildingaround Stoudamire... Or maybe just reconstruct your team.. I believe this puts the Suns, a step in the right direction to get to the Finals..

I don't understand this "running" theme. Yeah, maybe Shaq can't run, but the Suns will always have 4 other players on the floor who can. Mostof the time, a fastbreak doesn't involve all 5 players anyway. It usually consists of 2-3, maybe 4 players.

Interior defense, rebounding and Shaq's health should be the biggest concerns, not the Suns ability to run with Shaq on the roster.

Pointless trade.

The key to the hope of the Suns this year...

its a done deal!!!

Just got the text message from ESPN News The Miami Heat send their center Shaquille O'neal to the Suns for F-Shawn Marion, and G-Marcus Banks.

I still can't believe this trade went through...IDK if Shaq is pyshically able to run up and down the floor the way the Suns play. But this does alleviatethe rebounding responsibilities from Amare.

A lot of this has to deal with Steve Kerr trying to get the team to play a half-court style offense. maybe even trying to play some defense
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom