Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by CP1708

I love reading all the Portland folk.
roll.gif

They so desperate for good news, they'll say anything to make it look like Greg will be fine and they will matter some day. Just wait for the bad news to come, wait for it.......
laugh.gif

?

An NBA executive said the Cavaliers, in a trade expected to be completed later today, finally have acquired a top-level point guard in executing a six-player, three-team deal.

The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith. As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason. Oklahoma City also will send swingman Adrian Griffin to the Bucks.

Williams scored 17.2 points per game with the Bucks last season. He averaged 6.3 assists in 66 games, shooting 48 percent from the field, 86 percent from the free-throw line. He was drafted out of the University of Alabama by the Utah Jazz in the second round of the 2003 NBA Draft.

Williams is coming off three strong seasons with the Bucks, where he established himself as one of the league's better offensive point guards. He is known for his ability to break down defenses off the dribble. The Cavs are taking on significant salary with this move.

Williams has five years and $43 million left on a contract that he signed last summer. He'll make $8.5 million this season and owns a player option for 2012-13 at $8.5 million. The Cavs showed interest in him last year, but he resigned with the Bucks.

Williams will likely be the starting point guard, which leaves restricted free agent Delonte West without much bargaining power in his protracted contract negotiations with the team.

Sources said the Cavs still want to bring West back but this increases the chances that he will take the qualifying offer of $2.8 million for one season.

The loss of Smith is expected to be made up by rookie forward J.J. Hickson, the Cavs' first-round draft choice. He impressed the Cavs during summer-league play last month.

Jones played in 67 games for the Cavs last season, averaging 19 minutes and 6.5 points. He played three years for the Cavs and likely will be remembered most for his game-winning shot against the Washington Wizards in the 2006 playoffs.

Smith, who was acquired in the blockbuster deal last February from the Chicago Bulls, averaged 8.1 points, five rebounds and 21.5 minutes in 27 games for the Cavs.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

that trade is so uninteresting.
laugh.gif

Mo Williams doesn't improve Cleveland that much.

Yes it does, Mo Williams is pretty good. I just dont see why the Bucks would even do that deal.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I love reading all the Portland folk.
roll.gif

They so desperate for good news, they'll say anything to make it look like Greg will be fine and they will matter some day. Just wait for the bad news to come, wait for it.......
laugh.gif

What bad news?

Oden had a injury that sidelined him for an entire season and is looking good so far. I don't see how that makes the Trailblazers and their fansdesperate for good news? It IS good news that he's doing well.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

this probably means no more Delonte West! I kind of hate that.

didnt like how he ran point anyway, all he did was take the ball down just to pass it
to bron at the top of the key, always thought gibson did a better job

I really dont thinnk Kobe or Lebron is leaving the NBA... they just want to see if they can get a bigger contract or change the way the league pays the NBAplayers. it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

[h2]Three-Way Deal Done[/h2]
Williams_Maurice_mil_080211.jpg

Aug 13, 2008 3:22 PM EST

cle_40.gif
An NBA executive said the Cavaliers,in a trade expected to be completed later today, finally have acquired a top-level point guard in executing a six-player, three-team deal.

The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith.

As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason.Oklahoma City also will send swingman Adrian Griffin to the Bucks.

Via BriantWindhorst/Beacon-Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee Bucks

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

I reallllly didn't want to give up Joe Smith, he's a good guy and a hard worker, but I truly think Mo Williams is going to help the team. I guess thisis Bye Bye Delonte...

pimp.gif
Very good deal for the Cavs. And if that rumored deal about Delonte West for Undonis Haslem goes down, then Cavs will be even better.
eek.gif

C - Ilgauskas.
PF - Haslem.
SF - LeBron.
SG - Wally?
PG - Mo Williams.

They should trade Ben Wallace for a better center.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

pimp.gif
Very good deal for the Cavs. And if that rumored deal about Delonte West for Undonis Haslem goes down, then Cavs will be even better.
eek.gif

C - Ilgauskas.
PF - Haslem.
SF - LeBron.
SG - Wally?
PG - Mo Williams.

They should trade Ben Wallace for a better center.

Now, why would anyone do that? I'll give you my 5 dollar bill for your 20 dollar bill. Deal?!

OKC immediately improves their D this season.

Westbrook and Green can be 2 of the better defenders in the league.

And Joe Smith is a solid defender on the block.

So Desmond Mason is going to be playing in OKC for a second time

i hope theres more for the heat in that west-haslem trade, if it goes through

So is Brandon Roy supposed to be out for a long time?

I don't know if this was posted yet. Sorry if I'm late.

[h1]Blazers' Roy to have knee surgery[/h1]
18 minutes ago

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)-Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy will have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a tear in themeniscus of his left knee.

Am MRI, taken Tuesday revealed the tear, the team said Wednesday. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

Trail Blazers team physician Dr. Don Roberts will perform the surgery at Southwest Washington Regional Surgery Center in Vancouver, Wash.

JapanAir21, Like I stated. It was a rumor I read about in that thread about the Mo Williams trade. Plus there was probably some fill in players, but it wasjust a rumor.
smh.gif

Ooooh, I didn't know Joe Smith was part of the Mo Williams deal.

In that case, I don't like it for the Cavs. Delonte and Smith were the Cavs' biggest improvements last season.

Back
Top Bottom