So does Malcom X having homosexual relations change your view on him?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I think he's doing a Philosoraptor impersonation.

Like I said, I wish people just say they hate gay people and keep the %%## moving. Theres nothing worse than people tryna justify hatred and ignorance.

i hope he is...smh
Ok, you said I'm making it hard for you not to attack my intelligence but I can say the same.

How can you say I hate gay people because I don't agree with the lifestyle?  I don't agree with crackheads but I don't hate them.  I don't agree with racist but I don't hate them or wish bad things on them or anyone for that matter.

Like I said, I wish people just say they hate gay people and keep the %%## moving. Theres nothing worse than people tryna justify hatred and ignorance.

i hope he is...smh
Ok, you said I'm making it hard for you not to attack my intelligence but I can say the same.

How can you say I hate gay people because I don't agree with the lifestyle?  I don't agree with crackheads but I don't hate them.  I don't agree with racist but I don't hate them or wish bad things on them or anyone for that matter.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Malcolm X to me is an inspirational figure not only because of his civil rights advocacy, but his advocacy of the religion of Islam. If it is true he has gay relations (which I highly doubt), it does not discredit the fact that he was a pivotal figure in the civil rights movement. However if he had these relations after converting to Islam, it does discredit him as a follower of the religion. I would never look at him the same way. I do not like gays, but I dont like hypocrites in religion even more. They give out a bad reputation to those who actually follow the religion.
Wouldn't you agree, from a muslim perspective, that we can't judge another person, only God can.
We don't know what was in his heart, we don't know if these allegations are true or not, and if they are true we don't know if he repented and submitted to Allah before he died, so let's not be too quick to judge him as a Muslim.

Also, the Prophet (PBUH) would never have hatred towards another Muslim for their sins, if they were alive, he would try to guide them because he knew what was best for them,  or if they were not alive, he would pray for them... he would never patronize anyone for their short comings, as we all have short comings.

Malcolm X to me is an inspirational figure not only because of his civil rights advocacy, but his advocacy of the religion of Islam. If it is true he has gay relations (which I highly doubt), it does not discredit the fact that he was a pivotal figure in the civil rights movement. However if he had these relations after converting to Islam, it does discredit him as a follower of the religion. I would never look at him the same way. I do not like gays, but I dont like hypocrites in religion even more. They give out a bad reputation to those who actually follow the religion.
Wouldn't you agree, from a muslim perspective, that we can't judge another person, only God can.
We don't know what was in his heart, we don't know if these allegations are true or not, and if they are true we don't know if he repented and submitted to Allah before he died, so let's not be too quick to judge him as a Muslim.

Also, the Prophet (PBUH) would never have hatred towards another Muslim for their sins, if they were alive, he would try to guide them because he knew what was best for them,  or if they were not alive, he would pray for them... he would never patronize anyone for their short comings, as we all have short comings.

Originally Posted by halal cart23

I like this post....a lot.
pimp.gif

I like this post....a lot.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

i hope he is...smh

You're NOT that much different from racists tho.....how ironic.
laugh.gif

i love how people use negativity for analogies to describe homosexuality. I don't agree with serial killers, but I don't hate them. I don't agree with rapists, but i don't hate them. That's what homosexuality makes me think of. Rape, crack, racism, and death. Doesn't matter if the gay person is accomplished, intelligent and a model citizen.....he's 5$#$%$ *!#%%.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

i hope he is...smh

You're NOT that much different from racists tho.....how ironic.
laugh.gif

i love how people use negativity for analogies to describe homosexuality. I don't agree with serial killers, but I don't hate them. I don't agree with rapists, but i don't hate them. That's what homosexuality makes me think of. Rape, crack, racism, and death. Doesn't matter if the gay person is accomplished, intelligent and a model citizen.....he's 5$#$%$ *!#%%.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

How many homosexual muslim activist you ever heard of?
Do you realize that in a lot of places people can be KILLED for being openly homosexual?
Hmm something about the muslim religion genetically predisposes people to not being gay.

Iran-gay-teens-hung.jpg
No. You only took one line out of my whole post and emphasized that point like Fox news to make  a sensational post. 
I said him being a homosexual would def discredit his work and what he preached to people. I never said anywhere in my post that islam predisposes people to not being gay. You made that inference. Not me.

Show me where any religious openly homosexual leader will not meat opposing force? The two don't mix

Originally Posted by Wr

How many homosexual muslim activist you ever heard of?
Do you realize that in a lot of places people can be KILLED for being openly homosexual?
Hmm something about the muslim religion genetically predisposes people to not being gay.

Iran-gay-teens-hung.jpg
No. You only took one line out of my whole post and emphasized that point like Fox news to make  a sensational post. 
I said him being a homosexual would def discredit his work and what he preached to people. I never said anywhere in my post that islam predisposes people to not being gay. You made that inference. Not me.

Show me where any religious openly homosexual leader will not meat opposing force? The two don't mix

Originally Posted by Wr

Iran-gay-teens-hung.jpg

hmm...sorry about that i have seen a lot of people jump to that conclusion and assumed you were.
ohwell.gif

there are very few openly homosexual religious leaders, at least in modern times.

Originally Posted by Wr

Iran-gay-teens-hung.jpg

hmm...sorry about that i have seen a lot of people jump to that conclusion and assumed you were.
ohwell.gif

there are very few openly homosexual religious leaders, at least in modern times.

Originally Posted by Wr

I'm glad you said it. Ya'll in here acting like people are being homophobic. How many homosexual muslim activist you ever heard of? Of course it would change your views on him because Islam is not about homosexuality and him doing that would discredit him in that area. 
Here is the whole thing. Ok, but there are several people that are being homophobic in here. Very few people in here said anything about Islam before AZwildcat did. It was mostly, "White Man trying to tarnish Malcolm's legacy by calling him gay," comparing them to crackheads, etc.

So AZwildcat, it is true that it is 100% impossible to be a good Muslim and be gay at the same time?

Originally Posted by Wr

I'm glad you said it. Ya'll in here acting like people are being homophobic. How many homosexual muslim activist you ever heard of? Of course it would change your views on him because Islam is not about homosexuality and him doing that would discredit him in that area. 
Here is the whole thing. Ok, but there are several people that are being homophobic in here. Very few people in here said anything about Islam before AZwildcat did. It was mostly, "White Man trying to tarnish Malcolm's legacy by calling him gay," comparing them to crackheads, etc.

So AZwildcat, it is true that it is 100% impossible to be a good Muslim and be gay at the same time?

I understand what your saying but if the allegations are true (again I doubt they are), he would no longer be an inspirational figure for me. I am not judging him as a Muslim, or a person. I am judging him as someone I hold admiration for. Whether or not he was a true Muslim is not my discretion. If he indeed had gay relations after converting, at the same time he was advocating Islam, I call that hypocritical. I am not judging him as a Muslim, I am judging him as a representative of the religion and a personal hero to me. These may be wrong, but that be my short coming

I understand what your saying but if the allegations are true (again I doubt they are), he would no longer be an inspirational figure for me. I am not judging him as a Muslim, or a person. I am judging him as someone I hold admiration for. Whether or not he was a true Muslim is not my discretion. If he indeed had gay relations after converting, at the same time he was advocating Islam, I call that hypocritical. I am not judging him as a Muslim, I am judging him as a representative of the religion and a personal hero to me. These may be wrong, but that be my short coming

It's amazing how persuasive people are nowadays. Anybody these days with a blog or a whatever can say somebody is gay or whatever they want to say about that person and people will believe it. This is idiotic. Malcom X gay?? with white guys?? Really?? Why is this even a legit discussion?

It's amazing how persuasive people are nowadays. Anybody these days with a blog or a whatever can say somebody is gay or whatever they want to say about that person and people will believe it. This is idiotic. Malcom X gay?? with white guys?? Really?? Why is this even a legit discussion?

Originally Posted by Wr

No human can say whether or not a person is a good Muslim. For all I know they could be a good Muslim. However homosexuality is explicitly forbidden in Islam. To be homosexual is to explicitly violate a rule of the religion, just like drinking alcohol or out-of-wedlock sex. It is hard for me to believe someone who is gay can be a good Muslim, but that is my opinion. I have to do my research to find out for 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom