So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

Gotcha.. 2012 was rocky.. it proceeded the 2011 Concord release which literally made every release after that a nightmare. This is back when people started lining up for EVERYTHING. 2013 is when the beloved Blk/Red and Royal 1's dropped and we all know how that went. If you ask me.. 2015-206 was marvelous from a customer stand point.
Memories, Concords turned every release into some kind of triathlon, also got the rest of the world hip to sneaker culture shenanigans

My question now is what are they gonna do when this gimmick doesn’t work? Probably bring back NA on the cortex models and increase the price. Seriously how many times can the re retro a re retro? Certain models still have the same cache they had in the past, but others will always be trash

Goofy colorways gotta stop, cement v's? :lol: come on man

New colorways, not and old colorway on a new model, the possibilities are endless

Goofy colorways gotta stop, cement v's? :lol: come on man

New colorways, not and old colorway on a new model, the possibilities are endless
Eh I mean I don't mind them so much. I wasn't on forums back in the mid-2000s but I'm sure people complained about DTRT 3s, burgundy 5s, forest green 14s, pacific blue 7s, etc; some of which we've come to appreciate now. They have to open up the horizons in some ways, right? I just felt like in 2013-present, they put too many colorways on retro models.

Last edited:
Oh well.

Thanks to this decision, I'll actually be spending less money on Jordans next year. As much as I hate to do it, I'll drop a pre-order on the shoes I gotta have and the rest can rot on shelves next year. I normally don't mind paying retail for shoes I only really like. Those days are coming to an end. I'm gonna be in grail status mode only next year, which means 2 or 3 shoes at the most.

Who in the hell is the business wizard at Jordan brand making these asinine decisions?

News Flash: the reason things didn't go well this year is because you have clowns coming up with the worst colorways possible and you refuse to acknowledge that Nike air belongs on the shoes it was on in the first place. Motorsport 4s didn't sell out because of the Jumpman on the back, not because of market saturation. Surprise, we don't like wack ****. Keep putting Jumpman air on the back of 6s and continue to be disappointed. Better make them limited I guess.

Here's a better plan, take cues from the anniversary air Max 1 campaign and show us that you care about getting the Jordan 3 right. Then do it again for the black infra 6. I guess it's too late for the 5s with the milky wings and puffy tongue already ruining the best colorway. That glossy bs 3M. What was that? Come on bruh.

The oversaturation is a small part of the equation but it's getting all the attention . There are other decisions being made that are way more destructive to the bottom line. Get rid of the clowns to start, and get someone in there with some actual taste and genuine creativity. I saw the clip of Mark Wahlberg at the offices. They gotta go.
I don't know who's boys they are but they have no business making any kind of creative decisions on colorways and style. Goofy looking bastards.

TLDR; Scarcity doesn't equal desirebility. You're doing it wrong. Make more classics and less garbage. Problem solved. The obnoxious colorways tarnish the desirebility of the classic sillouettes in the long run. Once a hot girl gets fat no amount of Jenny Craig is going to bring her back to form. Excess skin and stretch marks don't go away. We might see concords but we'll never forget the 72_10s or the gammas that came before. Suddenly walking around the block with that hot chick whos back in town isn't as special and you don't feel the passion you once had because you remember what kind of mess she was 2 years ago.
One of the best posts I have read in a while. Attn Nike Inc.

As others have mentioned, this seems counterproductive to the 50 billion by 2020 goal Nike has; but they're the giant company so they must know what's best for them :lol:

I'll gladly preemptively throw the towel in on most future releases and go back through 2015-2017's catalog for gems I couldn't spare the money for at the time while they're obtainable for around retail/spend more money with other companies if they do in fact make this move though.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I try hard to spend money. It was goofy to me during their peak of hype and it'll only be goofier to me now that the shoes cost more.

They killed themselves with releasing every week. And the trash colorways and themes. They got lazy. The quality has been hit or miss. The real nice colorways wasted on limited collabs. I just want to be able to cop in store with no hassle.

I don't see why they can't just limit stock for OG and a few early Retro+ colorways/collabs and just have a healthy stock of newer color ways on the older models. The prestige would still be in tact in my opinion

They should just do a pre order on SNKRS with a window of time that only people that want the shoes enough know about. Then send out the number of pairs ordered to the factory and everyone's happy. No shoes chillin on sale racks, the heads that appreciate them didn't miss out or go out of their way and no more spending money and time on fighting bots. Where's the problem?

If Jordan wants to play around with pricing then they might as well do it with potential orders instead of going all in and rolling back the price while they're stuck with excess inventory. If no one orders at 220 edit the price the next day to 200. You'll find the real market value real quick.

Last edited:
Maybe if the quality of the shoes were actually 190$+ worth, they wouldn't sit. The quality is terrible on these shoes for the money people are throwing out

Motorsport IV's and black & blue IV's were superb quality.... that's not accurate either.

that's not true, Motorsports never had Nike air to begin with, so da nostalgia play ain't there. da reality is them things were over saturated and folks weren't that thirst for em.
Would Nike Air branding on the back of those possibly make a difference? Maybe?

IMO, nah...Nike air only hits because its a original color synergy... slapping Nike air on retro+ colors automatically makes it lose its novelty.
I agree with this statement 100%, aside the branding on newer Jordan 1s reserve that for the OGs

S
IMO, nah...Nike air only hits because its a original color synergy... slapping Nike air on retro+ colors automatically makes it lose its novelty.
You would agree Nike Air should be on all future original colorways though?

that's not true, Motorsports never had Nike air to begin with, so da nostalgia play ain't there. da reality is them things were over saturated and folks weren't that thirst for em.

If those 4s had Nike air on the back they'd have sold out. Easily. I didn't consider them because of the Jumpman alone and I know I'm not the only one. Nike Air branding looks more stylish, period. If they want to leave it off of new colorways then they shouldn't make new colorways. The Motorsports are a colorway that easily couldve been in the original run. I agree that it doesn't belong on the goofy colorways but it sucks when it's missing on what's basically a royal 1 version of the 4. So the most logical solution would be to not make a wack colorway in the first place.

If those 4s had Nike air on the back they'd have sold out. Easily. I didn't consider them because of the Jumpman alone and I know I'm not the only one. Nike Air branding looks more stylish, period. If they want to leave it off of new colorways then they shouldn't make new colorways. The Motorsports are a colorway that easily couldve been in the original run. I agree that it doesn't belong on the goofy colorways but it sucks when it's missing on what's basically a royal 1 version of the 4. So the most logical solution would be to not make a wack colorway in the first place.
I personally would have bought them if they had NA on the back, speaking for myself.

S

You would agree Nike Air should be on all future original colorways though?

original retroed colors? or completely original new colors?

they should always strive to recreate da originals as they dropped, retro+ colors don't have to abide by that.

original retroed colors? or completely original new colors?

they should always strive to recreate da originals as they dropped, retro+ colors don't have to abide by that.
I agree with you completely about true original colors. But why not put the same branding on plus colors? Just because its a new colorway shouldn't mean they don't get that branding. Originals from the 80s, 90s, will always have prestige to Air Jordan fans. But to carry on the Brand as it was but for today. You have to admit, Nike Air on the back of a 3,4,5,6 looks better than the jumpman. I'm not worried about taking away from the ogs because if they are branded properly, the colorway will always stand alone because MJ wore them.

Back
Top Bottom