So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

Yall and these knee jerk reactions, lol

They`re just going back to the way it used to be...............Instead of 1 million, there will be half a million (not saying those are the numbers, but its obvious that they`ve increased production of the current products while also releasing every week, which was obviously too much.

take a chill pill and just make sure you keep your loyalty programs updated every year and you`ll be good.

Who in the hell is the business wizard at Jordan brand making these asinine decisions?

News Flash: the reason things didn't go well this year is because you have clowns coming up with the worst colorways possible and you refuse to acknowledge that Nike air belongs on the shoes it was on in the first place. Motorsport 4s didn't sell out because of the Jumpman on the back, not because of market saturation. Surprise, we don't like wack ****. Keep putting Jumpman air on the back of 6s and continue to be disappointed. Better make them limited I guess.

Here's a better plan, take cues from the anniversary air Max 1 campaign and show us that you care about getting the Jordan 3 right. Then do it again for the black infra 6. I guess it's too late for the 5s with the milky wings and puffy tongue already ruining the best colorway. That glossy bs 3M. What was that? Come on bruh.

The oversaturation is a small part of the equation but it's getting all the attention . There are other decisions being made that are way more destructive to the bottom line. Get rid of the clowns to start, and get someone in there with some actual taste and genuine creativity. I saw the clip of Mark Wahlberg at the offices. They gotta go.
I don't know who's boys they are but they have no business making any kind of creative decisions on colorways and style. Goofy looking bastards.

TLDR; Scarcity doesn't equal desirebility. You're doing it wrong. Make more classics and less garbage. Problem solved. The obnoxious colorways tarnish the desirebility of the classic sillouettes in the long run. Once a hot girl gets fat no amount of Jenny Craig is going to bring her back to form. Excess skin and stretch marks don't go away. We might see concords but we'll never forget the 72_10s or the gammas that came before. Suddenly walking around the block with that hot chick whos back in town isn't as special and you don't feel the passion you once had because you remember what kind of mess she was 2 years ago.

Last edited:
The issue isn’t the price, or the quantities. The issues has been the quality and the frequency of releases. Let’s be real, yea there are 32 numbered variations of the Jordan line. This year the 15s, 8s, 13s etc dropped, in classic og and of course trash colorways. Certain iterations of these models have never been big time sellers, and they literally release 3-4 pairs of retro each month! If JB really thinks that making these limited again etc, the hype will return, they are sadly mistaken. It’s too many non retro offerings nowadays. Unless it’s a true to form OG retro, the masses wont care about a re re re re re re released air Jordan model with outdated tech @ a $200 price point.

Which means I will go back to saving my money.. I have thoroughly enjoyed having peace of mind in attaining classics I've wanted for years. The limited crap was only good for developing anger toward the brand. You can't please everyone but I was fine with my mass produced non unique Jordans that everyone else had.

If they follow through with this.. F U..

Source?

If true then :smh: Shadow 1s are on my radar, need a fresh pair, love these damn kicks

onews.jpg

Which means I will go back to saving my money.. I have thoroughly enjoyed having peace of mind in attaining classics I've wanted for years. The limited crap was only good for developing anger toward the brand. You can't please everyone but I was fine with my mass produced non unique Jordans that everyone else had.

If they follow through with this.. F U..

Word, ppl take jays sitting as o they not popular, well please get out my way and let me cop thank you

Based off what the reps told me Jordan brand will cut inventory in half to 2012-2013 numbers while implementing a discount sale price cap at no lower than 20% of the retail. Personally I had no issues copping kicks during 2012 -2013 so I'm not too worried about that, I don't agree with everything the reps said but they are trying to keep their 16 to 24 demographic happy.

Jordan brand also doesn't want to flood retailers with their product which they will use the Amazon deal to carry excess inventory.

Based off what the reps told me Jordan brand will cut inventory in half to 2012-2013 numbers while implementing a discount sale price cap at no lower than 20% of the retail. Personally I had no issues copping kicks during 2012 -2013 so I'm not too worried about that, I don't agree with everything the reps said but they are trying to keep their 16 to 24 demographic UNhappy.

Fixed.. half of what was produced in 2012-13 does not sound like it will be easier unless I am not reading this correctly.

Fixed.. half of what was produced in 2012-13 does not sound like it will be easier unless I am not reading this correctly.
They want to go back to 2012-2013 levels of inventory. Personally I never had issues copping jays back then so to me it's no big deal. They claim 2012 to 2013 as their sweet spot in terms of inventory vs demand. I feel you on the "UNHAPPY" correction. Lol

Last edited:
Who in the hell is the business wizard at Jordan brand making these asinine decisions?

News Flash: the reason things didn't go well this year is because you have clowns coming up with the worst colorways possible and you refuse to acknowledge that Nike air belongs on the shoes it was on in the first place. Motorsport 4s didn't sell out because of the Jumpman on the back, not because of market saturation. Surprise, we don't like wack ****. Keep putting Jumpman air on the back of 6s and continue to be disappointed. Better make them limited I guess.

Here's a better plan, take cues from the anniversary air Max 1 campaign and show us that you care about getting the Jordan 3 right. Then do it again for the black infra 6. I guess it's too late for the 5s with the milky wings and puffy tongue already ruining the best colorway. That glossy bs 3M. What was that? Come on bruh.

The oversaturation is a small part of the equation but it's getting all the attention . There are other decisions being made that are way more destructive to the bottom line. Get rid of the clowns to start, and get someone in there with some actual taste and genuine creativity. I saw the clip of Mark Wahlberg at the offices. They gotta go.
I don't know who's boys they are but they have no business making any kind of creative decisions on colorways and style. Goofy looking bastards.

TLDR; Scarcity doesn't equal desirebility. You're doing it wrong. Make more classics and less garbage. Problem solved. The obnoxious colorways tarnish the desirebility of the classic sillouettes in the long run.
giphy.gif

Thank you! I couldnt have said it any better myself. They have no problem putting Nike Air on a million other colorways for the 1, but will not experiment on the III-VI. The Atmos III has been the only non og colorway that we received Nike Air on the III-VI. Come on JB. The Katrina 3 is releasing with a jumpman, and will be an easy pass now. I said it in another thread, they either have a bunch of Yes men at JB, or a bunch of morons. So many wasted chances to take advantage of Nike Air. You have people paying over 100 dollars for tab swapping the garbage jumpman tabs on 3s. The demand is there.

My personal preference would be to see fewer retro releases per year/per quarter, but the same number of pairs that they've been producing. There have been way too many different retro colorways recently. People used to wanna get every single one but not when you release 5s in blue suede, red suede, gold medal, bronze medal, cement, and those $400 abominations. They also need to cut out the anniversary celebrations, 15/20/25 year things with five new, terrible colorways.

tl;dr - fewer releases, same amount of pairs

My personal preference would be to see fewer retro releases per year/per quarter, but the same number of pairs that they've been producing. There have been way too many different retro colorways recently. People used to wanna get every single one but not when you release 5s in blue suede, red suede, gold medal, bronze medal, cement, and those $400 abominations. They also need to cut out the anniversary celebrations, 15/20/25 year things with five new, terrible colorways.

tl;dr - fewer releases, same amount of pairs
I like your idea way more.

They want to go back to 2012-2013 levels of inventory. Personally I never had issues copping jays back then so to me it's no big deal. They claim 2012 to 2013 as their sweet spot in terms of inventory vs demand. I feel you on the "UNHAPPY" correction. Lol

Gotcha.. 2012 was rocky.. it proceeded the 2011 Concord release which literally made every release after that a nightmare. This is back when people started lining up for EVERYTHING. 2013 is when the beloved Blk/Red and Royal 1's dropped and we all know how that went. If you ask me.. 2015-2016 was marvelous from a customer stand point.

Last edited:
To be fair
The majority are non "sneaker heads" consumers> those who perfer Nike air on a pair.

Majority of the consumer don't even care about Nike air on a Jordan.

What causing a decline in my opinion.
Mass releases of shoes
3+ Jordans in different color ways every week?
Jeez man, and at those prices. Nope

They need to go back to the schedule back in the 2000s, where releases were spread out

Where would the missing revenue come from? How would they make up for all the missing retro releases there would be...

maybe mass produce the shoes, as releases are spread out more people can save their money from each release.

Just I thought, it easier said then done. Lol

Not saying Jordan brand should specifically go back to that schedule but they should different relax on all those retro color ways. There's some color ways I didn't even know were retro

Back
Top Bottom