So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

I've actually been following this thread pretty closely. It's good to read some of the ideas JB could use to get thing back on track.

I'd actually like them to pull a 2008 again and limit retro releases for a while. Jb did a fairly decent job only dropping CDPs that year then came again kind of strong in 2009.

Ppl hated the packs surely and a lot of them were flops but 2009 brought the jams etc. there's nothing wrong with doing an image refresh every now and then. In fact even putting out this statement of "a change will come in may" is probably the right first step. There will be consumers who eat up more retros now in anticipation for harder cops down the line.

Just my .02

Why would anyone buy True Flights though? There is no reason for "takedown" retros to even exist and they actually cheapen the brand.

For the record mad true flights sold and sold well. The take down models that the purist turn their nose up at are really where the bread and butter is. The younger kids just wanted a jump man symbol for the longest time. The parents just didn't want to spend 180 bucks on sneakers their shorty will outgrow in 60 days. That's where the true flight comes in, looks a lot like a 7 without the 7 cost.

Last edited:
Make em limited. Y'all complained let black metallic 5's with Nike Air rot on shelves. Y'all complained about True Blue 3's with Nike Air, y'all even complained about Space Jams being too abundant. Y'all don't deserve easy cops! :lol:

and that is proof that Nike Air or Jumpman, it doesn't really matter to people.

JB puts out good quality and it can still sit.

i don't understand people saying the quality is bad, the remastered quality is actually really good imo

Good is relative.... Look at the price we are paying for "really good"..... Is it better than we've had in the past, yes.... Does it live up to a lot of the original materials NOT at all....

Even with this last Bred 13 release I was left with a incomplete feeling. The quality was better but now they've gotta work on the shape... I don't criticize much because I grew up in the era of subpar Jordan quality but I do know they could do a lot more for the price they are asking.....

PPL should check out the Anaheim series by Vans.... Better materials than alot of GR joints and still under 100 bucks.... They even come in similar colorways as the GRs.... JB could definitely take a hint.

Why would anyone buy True Flights though? There is no reason for "takedown" retros to even exist and they actually cheapen the brand.

Basically for people who couldn't afford 7's...nike, Adidas, and UA have shoes under $100.00 why can't JB. I do agree they look WAY too much like 7's, most sneakerheads wouldn't buy them... but casual Jordan buyers probably don't even know the difference. Look at Ford and Lincoln same cars just cheaper looks and prices...

Last edited:
like i said, da rare air versions of both them kicks are sitting now with glorious quality, all because they're a GR.

hypebeasts need they're ish powdered or else they don't feel "exclusive"... :lol:
Brah, it says air Jordan instead of the wings logo and they're made out of bs. Not to mention the wacky color blocking. You can't be srs. Arent they mids too? Gross

Make em limited. Y'all complained let black metallic 5's with Nike Air rot on shelves. Y'all complained about True Blue 3's with Nike Air, y'all even complained about Space Jams being too abundant. Y'all don't deserve easy cops! :lol:
I just want to make sure I clarify that I never said that I want releases to be limited, more than Id like to limit the amount of releases. From what I have read no one wants to struggle and pay super high resell to get the pair they want. If/when the Cord drops they can make 2 million for all I care. Just don't make 2 releases of XI mids that are subpar colorways. As far as team Js and fusion type shoes go, don't stop making them but just reduce the amount of different styles. It can get hard to keep up with. Not everyone needs the sig Js but some just want the Jordan flavor that wont burn your wallet. I think everyone gets that.
When you go into Finish Line there is a wall just for Jordan Brand. Which yes, gives us more options. But the side effect is more may mean less. Personally I'm looking at good original designs or an original color retro. That's it. If there is a nice team type shoe in front of me and I like it, its coming home. But nowadays they all have to be inspired by a sig in some way. Those need reduced. Only because they aren't moving.
I believe the buyer/consumer needs to be satisfied first before anyone else. Without US, there is no Jordan Brand. We keep it going with what we buy. I truly believe there is someone from Nike that reads in these forums because NikeTalk is so reputable with people that genuinely love shoes. The more we have these discussions, not arguments, the higher the possibility they may truly listen. Just a hope anyway. They have to have focus groups that let them know what is sought after the most. Make THOSE PAIRS with great numbers to satisfy the buyers. Then everything else for Nike falls in place.

the kids dont wanna wear the same shoes as their 55 year old step dad lmao. mike bout to make it hard for all you uncool old heads to cop lol.
lining up n campin out is fun

Brah, it says air Jordan instead of the wings logo and they're made out of bs. Not to mention the wacky color blocking. You can't be srs. Arent they mids too? Gross

they say air Jordan cuz that's how da OG prototypes were, and they're highs, and they're made with rich tumbled leather.

For the record mad true flights sold and sold well. The take down models that the purist turn their nose up at are really where the bread and butter is. The younger kids just wanted a jump man symbol for the longest time. The parents just didn't want to spend 180 bucks on sneakers their shorty will outgrow in 60 days. That's where the true flight comes in, looks a lot like a 7 without the 7 cost.

There are other JB shoes that have a similar aesthetic to retros (including the same/similar tooling) that aren't blatant takedown/knockoff model like True Flights are though (I.e. Futures, Horizons).

Also, releasing shoes like True Flights really takes the "luxury" aspect out of Jordan Brand as it cheapens/dilutes the brand.

the kids dont wanna wear the same shoes as their 55 year old step dad lmao. mike bout to make it hard for all you uncool old heads to cop lol.
Lining up and camping out is fun? Wow, I guess you don't own any Jordans 1-14 because us old guys like em. :wink:

Also, releasing shoes like True Flights really takes the "luxury" aspect out of Jordan Brand as it cheapens/dilutes the brand.

This isn't true.

For many it's the entry level model. Just like how BMW or Mercedes have entry level cars.

So does the Monarch take away from the Lebron line?

Do you know how many true flights I see.

You're looking at it from your perspective. Most people aren't in to sneakers, and just want a nice colorway and silhouette. Plus they're familiar with the Jumpman.

This isn't true.

For many it's the entry level model. Just like how BMW or Mercedes have entry level cars.

for kicks it does cheapen da brand a touch, but they really got no choice cuz they're halo products are da Jordan Sig line, that's only as good as most of da ones MJ actually strapped on.

and da true flights aren't exactly "cheap".

jordan_332550-800_01.jpg

63611742945-air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-2013-release-black-varsity-royal-black-011694_1.jpg

Rare airs vs 2013 shape.

Air Max 1 anniversary would like to have a word with you.

Edit: oops nevermind I misunderstood you. I should've kept reading. I'd agree if I didn't live in southern Oregon. I miss camping out but there's nowhere to camp here so if online is out then I'm F'd. The gulf coast was lit.

Lining up and camping out is fun? Wow, I guess you don't own any Jordans 1-14 because us old guys like em. :wink:
I thought raffles killed camping out, whether online or in person I can't think of too many places doing FCFS. At least around my way

I don't think you want the "old heads" camping out with yall again, cause they're not putting up with shenanigans. ***** would get violent quick

Lol. Old heads should have built connections over the years so they don't have to lower themselves to camping with kids.

Back
Top Bottom