So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

It's the funky colors that sit the hardest, which is why they need to chill on that. Somewhere along the line they decided that 16-24 yr olds are into goofy loud colors. That's their main problem.

Those shoes do nothing but make the Jumpman correlate to garbage. Therefore a Jumpman on the Motorsports subconsciously equates garbage. Whether you want it to or not.

giphy.gif

Thank you! I couldnt have said it any better myself. They have no problem putting Nike Air on a million other colorways for the 1, but will not experiment on the III-VI. The Atmos III has been the only non og colorway that we received Nike Air on the III-VI. Come on JB. The Katrina 3 is releasing with a jumpman, and will be an easy pass now. I said it in another thread, they either have a bunch of Yes men at JB, or a bunch of morons. So many wasted chances to take advantage of Nike Air. You have people paying over 100 dollars for tab swapping the garbage jumpman tabs on 3s. The demand is there.

The only issue here is that JB may very well throw a NA tag on a poor quality release (I.e. 2016 TB3s) and slap a $220 price tag on it... I'm afraid they would leverage the NA branding to push out releases like this at the higher pricepoint.

As others have mentioned, this seems counterproductive to the 50 billion by 2020 goal Nike has; but they're the giant company so they must know what's best for them :lol:

I'll gladly preemptively throw the towel in on most future releases and go back through 2015-2017's catalog for gems I couldn't spare the money for at the time while they're obtainable for around retail/spend more money with other companies if they do in fact make this move though.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I try hard to spend money. It was goofy to me during their peak of hype and it'll only be goofier to me now that the shoes cost more.

The funny thing is by limiting GR retro stock, they're simply going to stagnate sales growth. It doesn't address the elephant in the room that there are actually outstanding issues with the shoes themselves (poor cws and bad quality).

Then again, maybe Nike/JB is shaking things up and hiring better designers and implementing better QC in order to address these problems.

yeah.

only reason those are coveted is cuz they're limited.

variant versions of both those colors were GR's and landed with a thud.

You mean Jumpman/Rare Air branded versions? That's not a fair comparison. Rare Air Banned 1s would've sat as well.

Based off what the reps told me Jordan brand will cut inventory in half to 2012-2013 numbers while implementing a discount sale price cap at no lower than 20% of the retail. Personally I had no issues copping kicks during 2012 -2013 so I'm not too worried about that, I don't agree with everything the reps said but they are trying to keep their 16 to 24 demographic happy.
They want to go back to 2012-2013 levels of inventory. Personally I never had issues copping jays back then so to me it's no big deal. They claim 2012 to 2013 as their sweet spot in terms of inventory vs demand. I feel you on the "UNHAPPY" correction. Lol
if that means grape 5 numbers for GRs i have no problem with it

Dudes complain and run to the board to say when a sneaker is "sitting" and pronounce a brand dead, but then complain when they start cutting numbers.
I would love to know what number of those dudes are actually resellers, because they're usually the first ones to clown a dope shoe for be readily available

I'm a OG collector been in the game since way before the major hype now at least since 93'/94' (actually picked up the early 93 retro 3 at a local weiners for $13.88 back then, and remember when Famous Footwear & Dillard's had sig Jordans LOL). I've only skimmed through the thread but I'm wondering how the deal with Amazon will affect this idea. Are they going to be more of an outlet online for NIKE/JB will they be a full retailer sigs and all on RD (if so it will kill brick and mortar business and alot of online retailers because you can't really beat free 2 day shipping when ordering online as opposed to waiting 5 to 7 day's and paying shipping). Will JB even be on Amazon? To me a simple idea would be to simply break up JB into two or three lines like say Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge all are FCA but different branding. I'm all for them scaling back on OG retro line ,and new Air Jordan Sigs (to keep with the prestige of the brand with high quality) and possibly some QS's & limiting them to certain retailers (personally for me chasing a new release, even before the Internet hit was just as much fun as lacing up the new purchase (I swung and missed the OG Concords, Columbia's, and Bred 11's in 95' it only made me want them more each time and I finally settled for something else the I.E'S) and mass producing retro+'s with lower quality for retailer like FTL and FNL. It would probably increase sales also because casual Jordan buyers that missed out on OG retro releases would settle for a similar retro+ (they could even do restocks if needed) so long as prices stay around $250.00 on OG'S CW'S and no more than $175.00 (ideally $150.00) for retro +'s and JB player sigs. Then have a lower tier of JB ball/training/running team shoes not exceeding $150.00. Also they should go back to releasing one to three retro models per year like in the early 2000's, do at most 1 maybe 2 CW's per month and no more. Thoughts?

Release 2 maybe 4 classic colorways a year, get rid of so many team fusion gimmick shoes and stay with the flagship model once a year with just a handful of colorways. The newest model has to be completely original. Not inspired off of ----. While I'm on it, I never understood why Lebron and certain athletes wear just PEs. To sell a shoe the consumer needs to see that athlete in that exact shoe. Not some colorway people know they will never get. They make way too many colors of the newest models, which causes the consumer/kids to be like, I cant get all those. But the shoes they can get in stores, the athlete never wears. Colorways mean everything. In the 90s, if the white black 13 drops you want it because you consistently see MJ in it. If you wanted the Concord, you always saw MJ in it. Which made you want it more. Not some special PE version you know you wouldn't see in stores. To sell the shoe inspired by a great player, the great player needs to be wearing the colorway a person can actually go buy. It worked in the 90s, I think it would work now.

Release 2 maybe 4 classic colorways a year, get rid of so many team fusion gimmick shoes and stay with the flagship model once a year with just a handful of colorways. The newest model has to be completely original. Not inspired off of ----. While I'm on it, I never understood why Lebron and certain athletes wear just PEs. To sell a shoe the consumer needs to see that athlete in that exact shoe. Not some colorway people know they will never get. They make way too many colors of the newest models, which causes the consumer/kids to be like, I cant get all those. But the shoes they can get in stores, the athlete never wears. Colorways mean everything. In the 90s, if the white black 13 drops you want it because you consistently see MJ in it. If you wanted the Concord, you always saw MJ in it. Which made you want it more. Not some special PE version you know you wouldn't see in stores. To sell the shoe inspired by a great player, the great player needs to be wearing the colorway a person can actually go buy. It worked in the 90s, I think it would work now.

:stoneface:

You do realize the goal in business is to make money and appease shareholders, right?

I think you're partially right, but JB is a full blown sneaker company, they need shoes like "fusions" (futures, horizons, true flights etc.) to compete with lower priced Adidas, UA, etc. Not everyone can afford higher end models or just are casual sneaker heads, that buy only what they like at the time, just want some Jordans to say they rock J's, or matches with their fit. Many Nike, Adidas, and UA sit on clearance just as much as JB, just not their top end models. That's what JB needs to fix limit OG retro colorways, limit future numbered air jordan releases, and just go all out on the average JB shoe and retro+ maybe... just drop the price some, because they are most likely going to sit because most of "us" sneakerheads don't want them, they have to move volume and if they only make high quality retros or $200.00 sigs alot of people just won't be able to afford/justify buying JB and move to another brand hence they won't be able to move volume. Alot of us buying Jordans now days have never even actually watched him play live, much less went to a game to see him play... and memories fade fast honestly it's amazing JB has stayed relevant almost 15 years after he's retired. They had something with the Jumpman series when it launched in 97 and just let it go. Earlier Jumpman team shoes were great the Trunner LX, & Alpha, Jumpman J, 3%, vindicate, jumpman pro 1 & 2, jumpman pro quick & strong, jumpman team 1 & 2, and quick 6. I owned almost all of them. Now to me their team shoes all look the same, even some of their player sigs. I agree about the current sigs today now though like lebrons (why I quit buying lebrons... (they actually have a nike outlet lebron exclusive SMH) etc. I used to head straight to bookstore to cop slam to see what was dropping, and impatiently wait on my eastbay they used to to have early looks too (until I found NT) shout out to Slam magazine BTW. Also, agree if I don't see said player rocking a certain shoe I'm more than likely going to pass on them. The same strategy I posted earlier could work with this though, create a higher end more limited category so you could at least attempt to buy unreleased certain PE'S. Or just put put EVERYTHING on nikID...

yeah.

only reason those are coveted is cuz they're limited.

variant versions of both those colors were GR's and landed with a thud.

SBBs weren't that limited, the quality is why they're sought after. It's a love or hate colorway ( which is why mine are still unlaced) but it's also a work of art (which is why mine are still unlaced).

As far as Frags go, you're trippin. Royal black toes with a black tongue is a 750 ft homerun.

SBBs weren't that limited, the quality is why they're sought after. It's a love or hate colorway ( which is why mine are still unlaced) but it's also a work of art (which is why mine are still unlaced).

As far as Frags go, you're trippin. Royal black toes with a black tongue is a 750 ft homerun.

They were more limited than other NA 1's which aren't even available in regular numbered Jordan numbers

and most people were unimpressed with the blue black toe until they became limited, because they aren't an OG colorway.

That same thing happen with the Jordan Brand Classics

At what point did they become limited? I'm pretty sure they were unimpressed until they saw either the ndc pics or on feet pics. Those shoes take to denim like bread and jelly.
On top of that, they were the first 1 in the remastered mold. I don't remember anyone being unimpressed.

What the hell is Jordan brand classics?

I hope not grape v 2013 quality, did cop em but compared to recent releases quality those were terrible
that hardish/stiff leather
We're the numbers that good, I didn't try for those but I remember the Laney and fire red colorways flew off the shelves
it seemed like it, FTL was still adding to cart 1-2 hours after launch, some stores had sizes 1-2 days after. oreo 5s, another release with nice allocation IMO

like i said, da rare air versions of both them kicks are sitting now with glorious quality, all because they're a GR.

hypebeasts need they're ish powdered or else they don't feel "exclusive"... :lol:

I think you're partially right, but JB is a full blown sneaker company, they need shoes like "fusions" (futures, horizons, true flights etc.) to compete with lower priced Adidas, UA, etc. Not everyone can afford higher end models or just are casual sneaker heads, that buy only what they like at the time, just want some Jordans to say they rock J's, or matches with their fit. Many Nike, Adidas, and UA sit on clearance just as much as JB, just not their top end models. That's what JB needs to fix limit OG retro colorways, limit future numbered air jordan releases, and just go all out on the average JB shoe and retro+ maybe... just drop the price some, because they are most likely going to sit because most of "us" sneakerheads don't want them, they have to move volume and if they only make high quality retros or $200.00 sigs alot of people just won't be able to afford/justify buying JB and move to another brand hence they won't be able to move volume. Alot of us buying Jordans now days have never even actually watched him play live, much less went to a game to see him play... and memories fade fast honestly it's amazing JB has stayed relevant almost 15 years after he's retired. They had something with the Jumpman series when it launched in 97 and just let it go. Earlier Jumpman team shoes were great the Trunner LX, & Alpha, Jumpman J, 3%, vindicate, jumpman pro 1 & 2, jumpman pro quick & strong, jumpman team 1 & 2, and quick 6. I owned almost all of them. Now to me their team shoes all look the same, even some of their player sigs. I agree about the current sigs today now though like lebrons (why I quit buying lebrons... (they actually have a nike outlet lebron exclusive SMH) etc. I used to head straight to bookstore to cop slam to see what was dropping, and impatiently wait on my eastbay they used to to have early looks too (until I found NT) shout out to Slam magazine BTW. Also, agree if I don't see said player rocking a certain shoe I'm more than likely going to pass on them. The same strategy I posted earlier could work with this though, create a higher end more limited category so you could at least attempt to buy unreleased certain PE'S. Or just put put EVERYTHING on nikID...

Why would anyone buy True Flights though? There is no reason for "takedown" retros to even exist and they actually cheapen the brand.

Back
Top Bottom