So lets just do the age old Debate about Pyramids...

.....so since you used to be quicker with math, ancient egyptians were smarter than us?

the common egyptian was nowhere near as "smart" as the common 14 year old.....

they didn't fully have an understanding of simple physics...

and if they did, they sure didn't explain it with their pictures carved into stone well enough...

things like collective intellegence and technology on a species-wide level,

it all accumulates...like a snow ball...

we know everything they know, plus some

we know everything the generation before us knew, plus some

the next generation will know everything we know, plus some

and so on and so on

it all adds up.

there will never be a populations of humans more intelligent than the MOST CURRENT POPULATIONS OF HUMANS

it builds.

because they developed an understanding of the movement of stars in relation to us, europeans could navigate the oceans

now that we have GPS, it opens the possibilities of the next generation using the technology in an even more advanced fashion

get it?

they made papayrus, then paper, now ipad touchscreen....

get it?

.....so since you used to be quicker with math, ancient egyptians were smarter than us?

and if they did, they sure didn't explain it with their pictures carved into stone well enough...

and so on and so on

it all adds up.

there will never be a populations of humans more intelligent than the MOST CURRENT POPULATIONS OF HUMANS

it builds.

because they developed an understanding of the movement of stars in relation to us, europeans could navigate the oceans

now that we have GPS, it opens the possibilities of the next generation using the technology in an even more advanced fashion

get it?

get it?

I don't understand why there's a question about who built the pyramids when's there countless documentaries covering the methods in which ancient Egyptians built structures, including the sphinx.  Unless, your conspiracy theory-o-meter is extremely high, you wouldn't believe aliens built the pyramids.  Suffice it to say that good ol, old fashion human beings built the pyramids (slaves or otherwise). If slaves and/or normal citizens built the pyramids, they were definitely guided/instructed by individuals who were exceptionally intelligent in the matters of stone building. 

I don't understand why there's a question about who built the pyramids when's there countless documentaries covering the methods in which ancient Egyptians built structures, including the sphinx.  Unless, your conspiracy theory-o-meter is extremely high, you wouldn't believe aliens built the pyramids.  Suffice it to say that good ol, old fashion human beings built the pyramids (slaves or otherwise). If slaves and/or normal citizens built the pyramids, they were definitely guided/instructed by individuals who were exceptionally intelligent in the matters of stone building. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by tyisny

No trolling = taking a thread and derailing it by emphasizing Race, and by focusing on pointless subjects

Making a bunch of sarcastic remarks and then acting like your the victim of a group of people who were just trying to have an intelligent convo.

What really shines the brightest is that Every time their is a slight reference to a black man having power, or accomplishing something you go out of your way to focus on that comment when clearly the initial Topic has nothing to do with race. Nobody is mad at your opinion because dozens of others have came in here and discussed their view on the matter to no kind of interference. However you feel the need to stir up some kind of irrelevant controversy everytime and its pointless.

LOL like I said, I don't think the questions I'm asking in this thread are unreasonable....the issue here is yall are so stuck in your little fantasy land that you're willing to take everything at face value without any attempt at critical analysis.

BDW I didn't bring up the race, the race discussion started when someone posted a book about how white people are related to neanderthals which I believe I successfully refuted that claim. Maybe you should go read the rest of the thread.

If someone says "Egypt is more advanced than modern society" it becomes relevant. Every argument I've made in this thread has been in response to a claim someone else has made. Good try tho.

Egypt is a great civilization, maybe the greatest the world has ever known, but the notion that their technology rivals ours in any way shape or form is absurd.

i honestly dont believe anybody genuinly feels that Egyptian technology is more advanced than modern day technology, However people are suggesting and rightfully so that they may have had other technology that may not be more advanced, but certainly proved extremely helpful to them. Nobody knows how the pyramids got there and for you to deny the thought of egyptians using some kind of machinery in order to build these mathematically extravagent pyramids than you my friend is absurd.

For someone who loves to ask questions and demand facts you seem to be pretty content with saying " oh well yea slaves had to build it" then people come in here with page after page about other possibilities and you refute the ideas as being crazy
laugh.gif

No trolling = taking a thread and derailing it by emphasizing Race, and by focusing on pointless subjects

Making a bunch of sarcastic remarks and then acting like your the victim of a group of people who were just trying to have an intelligent convo.

What really shines the brightest is that Every time their is a slight reference to a black man having power, or accomplishing something you go out of your way to focus on that comment when clearly the initial Topic has nothing to do with race. Nobody is mad at your opinion because dozens of others have came in here and discussed their view on the matter to no kind of interference. However you feel the need to stir up some kind of irrelevant controversy everytime and its pointless.

LOL like I said, I don't think the questions I'm asking in this thread are unreasonable....the issue here is yall are so stuck in your little fantasy land that you're willing to take everything at face value without any attempt at critical analysis.

BDW I didn't bring up the race, the race discussion started when someone posted a book about how white people are related to neanderthals which I believe I successfully refuted that claim. Maybe you should go read the rest of the thread.

If someone says "Egypt is more advanced than modern society" it becomes relevant. Every argument I've made in this thread has been in response to a claim someone else has made. Good try tho.

Egypt is a great civilization, maybe the greatest the world has ever known, but the notion that their technology rivals ours in any way shape or form is absurd.

i honestly dont believe anybody genuinly feels that Egyptian technology is more advanced than modern day technology, However people are suggesting and rightfully so that they may have had other technology that may not be more advanced, but certainly proved extremely helpful to them. Nobody knows how the pyramids got there and for you to deny the thought of egyptians using some kind of machinery in order to build these mathematically extravagent pyramids than you my friend is absurd.

For someone who loves to ask questions and demand facts you seem to be pretty content with saying " oh well yea slaves had to build it" then people come in here with page after page about other possibilities and you refute the ideas as being crazy
laugh.gif

the reason i think aliens did it is based off the sheer mathematics involved in these pyramids

then, considering we can't replicate a pyramid today with our technology...

we can build 190 story structures.....

we can send spaceships to the moon

we can build underwater structures

we got wireless internet....

but we cant build a pyramid?  

However people are suggesting and rightfully so that they may have had other technology that may not be more advanced, but certainly proved extremely helpful to them.
worst backslide in recent memory.

this is even worse than Ben Baller riffing wale on twitter and apologizing like .34 seconds later yesterday.

actually, nah, this is so far from the statements that were being made in this thread, i can't even let you rock with this comment...

dude threw so many maybes in that sentence, its basically agreeing with me and anton at this point....he just doesnt want to fully admit it.

useful to them? neanderthals had bones that proved to be extremely useful to them....

im not running around professing the misunderstood superiority of neaderthal technology, am i?

the reason i think aliens did it is based off the sheer mathematics involved in these pyramids

However people are suggesting and rightfully so that they may have had other technology that may not be more advanced, but certainly proved extremely helpful to them.

this is even worse than Ben Baller riffing wale on twitter and apologizing like .34 seconds later yesterday.

actually, nah, this is so far from the statements that were being made in this thread, i can't even let you rock with this comment...

dude threw so many maybes in that sentence, its basically agreeing with me and anton at this point....he just doesnt want to fully admit it.

useful to them? neanderthals had bones that proved to be extremely useful to them....

im not running around professing the misunderstood superiority of neaderthal technology, am i?

laugh.gif

I said judging by every other civilization in human history, slave probably built it (you know as in manual labor, not that they designed it).....I don't know whether that's true or not. it's MY THEORY. I wasn't there, not gonna try to pass this off as fact.

If you read the thread, many people have expressed this....and I said the exact same thing you're saying in disbelief. This is what I'm arguing, not the complexity and grandeur of the pyramids. I'm sure they had machines. Where those machines powered by electromagnetic electricity? I'm gonna need more evidence of that.
ohwell.gif

Even my Egyptian friends think slaves labor was used to built the pyramids.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I said judging by every other civilization in human history, slave probably built it (you know as in manual labor, not that they designed it).....I don't know whether that's true or not. it's MY THEORY. I wasn't there, not gonna try to pass this off as fact.

If you read the thread, many people have expressed this....and I said the exact same thing you're saying in disbelief. This is what I'm arguing, not the complexity and grandeur of the pyramids. I'm sure they had machines. Where those machines powered by electromagnetic electricity? I'm gonna need more evidence of that.
ohwell.gif

Even my Egyptian friends think slaves labor was used to built the pyramids.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

and so on and so on

it all adds up.

it builds.

get it?

get it?
I agree with your sentiments about technology but to say that every upcoming generation is going to be more intelligent than the previous is highly a stretch. There is no way to acurately judge the intelligence of prior civilizations unless you want to make assumptions based off known facts about civilization.

It seems as if your saying we are more intelligent because we have all of this extreme technology which is a bit strange, yes it may take inventors vast knowledge and experience to create such essential things as phones, laptops etc, however the average consumer has no idea about the process that goes into creating this machinery. This is especially clear when you hand a older person one of these smartphones and they act as if its a new creation
roll.gif

Then comes the factor that Egyptians didnt have a "blueprint" so to say......... Many of their advancements were original ideas, things that hadn't been done in the past and they had no basis to compare and contrast. Imagine how hard building a sky scraper would be without the current technology and immense amount of information on pyramids and architecture in general being around. That's essentially what Egypt did. The fact that they had no technolgy even close to what we have today and no previous blueprint of how to create things makes that civilizations accomplishments that much more astonishing.

and so on and so on

it all adds up.

it builds.

get it?

get it?
I agree with your sentiments about technology but to say that every upcoming generation is going to be more intelligent than the previous is highly a stretch. There is no way to acurately judge the intelligence of prior civilizations unless you want to make assumptions based off known facts about civilization.

It seems as if your saying we are more intelligent because we have all of this extreme technology which is a bit strange, yes it may take inventors vast knowledge and experience to create such essential things as phones, laptops etc, however the average consumer has no idea about the process that goes into creating this machinery. This is especially clear when you hand a older person one of these smartphones and they act as if its a new creation
roll.gif

Then comes the factor that Egyptians didnt have a "blueprint" so to say......... Many of their advancements were original ideas, things that hadn't been done in the past and they had no basis to compare and contrast. Imagine how hard building a sky scraper would be without the current technology and immense amount of information on pyramids and architecture in general being around. That's essentially what Egypt did. The fact that they had no technolgy even close to what we have today and no previous blueprint of how to create things makes that civilizations accomplishments that much more astonishing.

i dont think they were "smarter"

but they used their brain more and didnt rely on technology.

and your brain is like a muscle,it needs to be exercised to be sharp.

and id also like to throw in that i think the average person back then was physically stronger than the average person now.
laugh.gif

just because of everyday living and all the things they had to do by hand.

i would say significantly stronger.

but yea we def. are more tech. advanced,idk why thats even an argument.

and id also like to throw in that i think the average person back then was physically stronger than the average person now.
laugh.gif

Agreeing with what the fact that technology is more advanced today than it was thousands of years ago? yes i never denied that.......... but to try and downplay the intelligence of the civilization because they couldny create items that are still generally new in the modern world is extreme.

In essence what im getting from you and Anton is that there is no chance egyptians had any kind of technology or concepts that america doesnt have right now(Not More advanced tech or concepts). and considering all that has been stolen from Egypt and destroyed i find that a little hard to believe.

Agreeing with what the fact that technology is more advanced today than it was thousands of years ago? yes i never denied that.......... but to try and downplay the intelligence of the civilization because they couldny create items that are still generally new in the modern world is extreme.

In essence what im getting from you and Anton is that there is no chance egyptians had any kind of technology or concepts that america doesnt have right now(Not More advanced tech or concepts). and considering all that has been stolen from Egypt and destroyed i find that a little hard to believe.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

laugh.gif

used their brain more doing what? Planting grain and raising livestock? By that measure most underdeveloped nations in the country are using their brains more as well. The fact that we have technology doesn't mean we exercise our brains any less. People back then had tools as well to make their lives easier, it didn't mean the generation that preceded them used their brains more because they didn't have tools. You acting like ancient people used their brains to will things into happening. Human beings are constantly thinking about ways to make things easier and more efficient, it's our nature. By your logic a damn caveman uses his brain more than the average modern human being.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

laugh.gif

used their brain more doing what? Planting grain and raising livestock? By that measure most underdeveloped nations in the country are using their brains more as well. The fact that we have technology doesn't mean we exercise our brains any less. People back then had tools as well to make their lives easier, it didn't mean the generation that preceded them used their brains more because they didn't have tools. You acting like ancient people used their brains to will things into happening. Human beings are constantly thinking about ways to make things easier and more efficient, it's our nature. By your logic a damn caveman uses his brain more than the average modern human being.

if you dont think technology is dumbing us down a little then idk what to say.

ive seen this throughout my own life and how ive evolved.

if you dont think technology is dumbing us down a little then idk what to say.

ive seen this throughout my own life and how ive evolved.

this is utterly ridiculous, how can you steal widely used technological advances and destroy all of it. If ancient Egypt was as advanced as you say it is this would have been impossible to do. That is unless literally 9 people in ancient egypt had access to this technology and it got stolen from them. In modern society knowledge and technology isn't esoteric enough where someone could come to this country and literally make all traces of it vanish. That's absurd.

this is utterly ridiculous, how can you steal widely used technological advances and destroy all of it. If ancient Egypt was as advanced as you say it is this would have been impossible to do. That is unless literally 9 people in ancient egypt had access to this technology and it got stolen from them. In modern society knowledge and technology isn't esoteric enough where someone could come to this country and literally make all traces of it vanish. That's absurd.

bro, the average person recieving education in 2011 learns so much more than even the brightest philosopher in egypt....

you know why?

cause we learn everything he thought about, plus about 2000 MORE years of knowledge.

when i learn that a star is a huge ball of burning gas i automatically know more than ancient egyptians...

how is this far fetched?

its like a snow ball....roll it down a hill, it gets bigger...

the giant 20 foot snowball is better than the small 2 inch snowball, but the 20 foot snowball wouldnt exist without first the 2 inch snowball being rolled...

and so on and so forth

if you tell me that you think 5 year olds in 2011 arent smarter than 5 year olds in 2000 and 5 year olds in 2000 werent smarter than 5 year olds in 1990, you're ignoring reality to try and prove some point about how great ancient egyptians were and since they're black, of course, everyone is going to discredit them.

saying that ANCIENT technology isnt as ADVANCED as MODERN technology isn't a jab at ancient technology....im not discrediting ancient technology at all....instead, im following logical progression of syntax...

ancient=old

advanced=improvement over the previous

modern=new

new technology improved over the previous ancient technology

how do you read that and take offense to it like "you just trynna discredit the black man"

lol

ive been called a militant extremist on here....

and EYE am just trynna discredit the black man?

(yeah, an old person, unfamiliar with a cell phone will look at you like "huh?" but their elders looked at record players and televisions like "huh?" and if you give that same cell phone to a 6 year old, bet the 6 year old will work it just fine. a 6 year old in 1976 would look at a cell phone like an old person looks at it today.....get it?)

bro, the average person recieving education in 2011 learns so much more than even the brightest philosopher in egypt....

you know why?

cause we learn everything he thought about, plus about 2000 MORE years of knowledge.

when i learn that a star is a huge ball of burning gas i automatically know more than ancient egyptians...

how is this far fetched?

its like a snow ball....roll it down a hill, it gets bigger...

the giant 20 foot snowball is better than the small 2 inch snowball, but the 20 foot snowball wouldnt exist without first the 2 inch snowball being rolled...

and so on and so forth

if you tell me that you think 5 year olds in 2011 arent smarter than 5 year olds in 2000 and 5 year olds in 2000 werent smarter than 5 year olds in 1990, you're ignoring reality to try and prove some point about how great ancient egyptians were and since they're black, of course, everyone is going to discredit them.

saying that ANCIENT technology isnt as ADVANCED as MODERN technology isn't a jab at ancient technology....im not discrediting ancient technology at all....instead, im following logical progression of syntax...

ancient=old

advanced=improvement over the previous

modern=new

new technology improved over the previous ancient technology

how do you read that and take offense to it like "you just trynna discredit the black man"

lol

ive been called a militant extremist on here....

and EYE am just trynna discredit the black man?

(yeah, an old person, unfamiliar with a cell phone will look at you like "huh?" but their elders looked at record players and televisions like "huh?" and if you give that same cell phone to a 6 year old, bet the 6 year old will work it just fine. a 6 year old in 1976 would look at a cell phone like an old person looks at it today.....get it?)

the point it,why are acting like you are inhere interested and posing questions that you and ur buddies ain't gonna do nothing but drop lols and smarty remarks back at?

Yeah we have more technology today, but what if they knew the simplicity of how tings work and didn't have to use tech the way we do know with.

We are still looking at the pyramids like "huh?"
Maybe they're not turned on because they are not in the same place they were they were on

And no it's not only egypt that's the obnly place in the world like this because there are stone cities all over the world that are built similar in plan and form.

We just always end up discussing egypt because that is an example most people are familiar with and see the most.

Other people could contribute with other pyramids from other cultures to discuss, but some people are truly bent on discrediting things.

Back
Top Bottom