roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by Method Man

What supreme is doing is very efficient they recognize they are an extremely popular brand the most effective way for them to get donations is to use their customer base who are into clothes to buy t shirts.they wouldnt get as much money donated than they would have with a direct donation .You even said something like that about the caps.
Why don't you go back and actually read what I wrote, because I've explained the distinction a number of times now.  
People are already interested in contributing to disaster relief.  If they weren't, they wouldn't be interested in Japan merchandise.  It's not like ALL of Supreme's products are used to raise money for charity, which would allow them to translate that interest in their products into charitable contributions year-round.  So, you're taking people who have an interest in giving and you're offering them an easy way out by allowing them to buy themselves a present at significant expense in a time of crisis and then sliding an unspecified amount to charity afterward.  You have no idea how much that is, so calling it "efficient" is a real leap of faith.  

It's funny, because so far everyone's talking about the people this is good for in the abstract, how there are "some people" in the world who are too selfish to ever donate and that this is the only way to extract contributions from them.  Okay, fine.... but what about YOU?  Knowing this isn't as efficient as a direct donation, would YOU still prefer this over a direct donation?  If so, why?

The point's a very simple and obvious one:  this is not as efficient as giving directly.  It would be less vulgar to give directly to a relief organization and then staple the receipt to your chest. 

Ill adddress the bolded in a minute.
Like I said for a business like supreme who know they move products extremely fast they can raise money faster by selling shirts than they can with direct donation on their site.

The bolded you read but did not comprehend that I said for supreme that it is way more efficient and effective for them to do it that way.They wouldn't get much money from their customer base through a direct drive.You know yourself your children's defense donation wouldn't have made as much if it wasn't for you selling those niketalk hats  .You know from what you have done on this site through various donations the main thing you do is set up some form of incentive your t-shirts,your hats,your sneaker auctions and these badges.So clearly you have practiced indirect donation before and it has proven to be very efficent . The majority of these things you done had a cost and the money you made had to be split up between the shirt manufacturers and other individuals .So you have a history of indirect donations sir and its proven to be extremely efficient on this site .So don't knock supreme for what they do and say its selfish and what not.

Also would I buy a shirt or anything yeah I would. I bet im selfish like the other 9,999+ members who have bought shirts,and caps.

No but you are not reading what he is saying. Supreme's way of helping Japan is not efficient. They sat down and thought how can we make the most money out of this situation. They did not sit down and think how they can use their brand popularity best to help Japan. Imagine if they said that EVERYTHING you buy at Supreme, starting today, 15% (or whatever) will be donated to Japan. In this case it is more efficient because people buy Supreme daily, it's going to happen, nothing new is created so no more costs are endured by the brand and  they are using that  popularity to get money to Japan. I think this is what NT did with the hats, but not too sure, have not been following too closely here, but it seems like the hats are not for a specific cause, so they were not created for the intent of raising money for Japan. That would be like having a store and permanently having some money from your goods go to a charity. See how that is different?  But creating a new shirt just for the relief effort and not (as it seems) even being able to say how much goes to charity is not efficient. Like yes it is GOOD that brands our trying to help, however imagine if every brand thought like NT or who ever else. If every brand focused on how to use their image or popularity to best raise money for Japan instead of for themselves so much more money could be raised. So instead this post would read something like "Everything purchased at Supreme, 15% goes to Japan" or "Supreme is offering said freely produced item for x dollars, x dollars goes to Japan!".  The beasts would still fiend for it, they know that! And they would raise a lot more money for the relief. 
So I guess TLDR, it's great brands are helping with Japan efforts, however a brand could either use their popularity to try to raise as much money for the relief effort, or for themselves, and the consumers would be none the wiser.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

What supreme is doing is very efficient they recognize they are an extremely popular brand the most effective way for them to get donations is to use their customer base who are into clothes to buy t shirts.they wouldnt get as much money donated than they would have with a direct donation .You even said something like that about the caps.
Why don't you go back and actually read what I wrote, because I've explained the distinction a number of times now.  
People are already interested in contributing to disaster relief.  If they weren't, they wouldn't be interested in Japan merchandise.  It's not like ALL of Supreme's products are used to raise money for charity, which would allow them to translate that interest in their products into charitable contributions year-round.  So, you're taking people who have an interest in giving and you're offering them an easy way out by allowing them to buy themselves a present at significant expense in a time of crisis and then sliding an unspecified amount to charity afterward.  You have no idea how much that is, so calling it "efficient" is a real leap of faith.  

It's funny, because so far everyone's talking about the people this is good for in the abstract, how there are "some people" in the world who are too selfish to ever donate and that this is the only way to extract contributions from them.  Okay, fine.... but what about YOU?  Knowing this isn't as efficient as a direct donation, would YOU still prefer this over a direct donation?  If so, why?

The point's a very simple and obvious one:  this is not as efficient as giving directly.  It would be less vulgar to give directly to a relief organization and then staple the receipt to your chest. 

Ill adddress the bolded in a minute.
Like I said for a business like supreme who know they move products extremely fast they can raise money faster by selling shirts than they can with direct donation on their site.

The bolded you read but did not comprehend that I said for supreme that it is way more efficient and effective for them to do it that way.They wouldn't get much money from their customer base through a direct drive.You know yourself your children's defense donation wouldn't have made as much if it wasn't for you selling those niketalk hats  .You know from what you have done on this site through various donations the main thing you do is set up some form of incentive your t-shirts,your hats,your sneaker auctions and these badges.So clearly you have practiced indirect donation before and it has proven to be very efficent . The majority of these things you done had a cost and the money you made had to be split up between the shirt manufacturers and other individuals .So you have a history of indirect donations sir and its proven to be extremely efficient on this site .So don't knock supreme for what they do and say its selfish and what not.

Also would I buy a shirt or anything yeah I would. I bet im selfish like the other 9,999+ members who have bought shirts,and caps.

No but you are not reading what he is saying. Supreme's way of helping Japan is not efficient. They sat down and thought how can we make the most money out of this situation. They did not sit down and think how they can use their brand popularity best to help Japan. Imagine if they said that EVERYTHING you buy at Supreme, starting today, 15% (or whatever) will be donated to Japan. In this case it is more efficient because people buy Supreme daily, it's going to happen, nothing new is created so no more costs are endured by the brand and  they are using that  popularity to get money to Japan. I think this is what NT did with the hats, but not too sure, have not been following too closely here, but it seems like the hats are not for a specific cause, so they were not created for the intent of raising money for Japan. That would be like having a store and permanently having some money from your goods go to a charity. See how that is different?  But creating a new shirt just for the relief effort and not (as it seems) even being able to say how much goes to charity is not efficient. Like yes it is GOOD that brands our trying to help, however imagine if every brand thought like NT or who ever else. If every brand focused on how to use their image or popularity to best raise money for Japan instead of for themselves so much more money could be raised. So instead this post would read something like "Everything purchased at Supreme, 15% goes to Japan" or "Supreme is offering said freely produced item for x dollars, x dollars goes to Japan!".  The beasts would still fiend for it, they know that! And they would raise a lot more money for the relief. 
So I guess TLDR, it's great brands are helping with Japan efforts, however a brand could either use their popularity to try to raise as much money for the relief effort, or for themselves, and the consumers would be none the wiser.

this is true.  i mean it COULD help raise awareness to the situation, but thats hardly needed at this point.  its definitely more efficient to just donate, which is why ive only donated and have yet to actually buy any relief support products.

this is true.  i mean it COULD help raise awareness to the situation, but thats hardly needed at this point.  its definitely more efficient to just donate, which is why ive only donated and have yet to actually buy any relief support products.

Might've been stated already, but why is the logo so small? Is it that "I care but I don't want to brag and have a huge 'relief' logo on my shirt" attitude?

You are almost better off just dropping $100 into a charity and forget about the white tee with the smallest print I have ever seen

Might've been stated already, but why is the logo so small? Is it that "I care but I don't want to brag and have a huge 'relief' logo on my shirt" attitude?

You are almost better off just dropping $100 into a charity and forget about the white tee with the smallest print I have ever seen

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

That's how all Supreme box logo tees look. The box logo tees are their most iconic item.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

That's how all Supreme box logo tees look. The box logo tees are their most iconic item.

just grabbed 2...site crashed on me and i got the 404 error but received my confirmation email on both orders.

just grabbed 2...site crashed on me and i got the 404 error but received my confirmation email on both orders.

Generaiya is surprised they are sold out already. They really should have made more considering it's a charity tee.

Generaiya is surprised they are sold out already. They really should have made more considering it's a charity tee.

Back
Top Bottom