Sport Cities-Non Sport Cities

Me and cousin talked about which city was a good sports city and what city was not.  i told him chicago is a good sports city because the people in that city, follow all the teams there and etc. A city like Miami is a terrible sports city."look at the heat games.

Can yall name some good and bad sports cities and why?

Good- Boston, Chicago, Green Bay, Philadelphia.

Bad- Miami, Los Angeles, Tampa, Jacksonville.

Los Angeles is not a bad sports town (coming from someone who lives in L.A. & pulls for none of the pro-teams)

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Los Angeles is not a bad sports town (coming from someone who lives in L.A. & pulls for none of the pro-teams)
Living in Los Angeles now, people from here definitely pull for the Lakers and Dodgers hard. Better fans here than in San Francisco, I think.

Chicago has as many smart fans as meatball fans.

If you win a chip in Chicago you're basically a legend here.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Living in Los Angeles now, people from here definitely pull for the Lakers and Dodgers hard. Better fans here than in San Francisco, I think.
The Kings have a strong loyal fan base as well.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Oh great. This is going to turn into a NorCal vs Socal thread here shortly..
Nobody is arguing about NorCal - SoCal
64d25d54487b8e0e67c92f4bbafe3a54dd1ba2a_r.gif

Pittsburgh is a great sports town, but for the most part our teams have been highly successful. The Steelers, Penguins, and Pitt Panthers have always pretty good for the most part. The Pirates have been terrible for the last 17 years, but they still have a pretty strong following

What about DC/Baltimore? i can really pinpoint if that DMV area is a sports town or not. ******** seems to have a loyal fan base. I dont know. Interesting

Generally the warmer and more transient cities are 'worse' fans. Exceptions to the rule exist

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

What about DC/Baltimore? i can really pinpoint if that DMV area is a sports town or not. ******** seems to have a loyal fan base. I dont know. Interesting
The DMV is a very good "sports town". Caps have a huge loyal fanbase, the shear about of BS Skins fans put up with year and year (even to go watch a game) is amazing. The Nats and Wiz suck balls so the turn out is weak but as soon as those teams turn around trust me the stadiums will be packed too. 
Ravens fans are OD crazy about that team 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Oh great. This is going to turn into a NorCal vs Socal thread here shortly..

this 
laugh.gif

Baltimore is a great football city. People here love the Ravens.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

*Looks at sig.*

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Demps

Dallas
pimp.gif

Dallas is def a sports city, What about Houston? Astros, Rockets, and Texans

Houston not so much! 
Astros  = 0 World Series Titles

Texans = 0 Super Bowl Rings

Rockets = 2 Championships

Meh 
tired.gif

DC is a very good sports town for the amount of sucking/choking we deal with year in and year out. If all goes well it could become a great baseball city in the next couple of years 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom