Sport Cities-Non Sport Cities

Originally Posted by madj55

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I agree to a certain extent.  People still come out to the ballpark but thats mainly due to the attraction of Wrigley Field.

If the Cubs played in any other ballpark would they draw the same attendance? Probably not 

Heck last year they implemented promotions like dollar hot dogs in the bleachers just to entice people into coming.

My overall point is that enthusiasm surrounding the Cubs last year was almost non existent this year should be worse.

Bryan LaHair ain't putting butts in seats.

People come out to see a winner, Cubs fans are no different.

Come to Nationals Park when the Cubs come to DC.
There are a lot of Cubs fans when they play in DC but the majority of the fans are Nats fans, the only team that takes over the ballpark are the Phillies. The Mets used to up until '10

Of course it be alot of phillies fans. its a ton of phillies fans that live in DC, and also alot of people drive down from philly. The drive isnt far at all.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

As a Cubs fan, Camden Yards is by far my favorite ballpark.

I hate to admit that Wrigley is somewhat of a dump but that doesn't make it any less of place. Its like a dive bar except with high prices but you still love it anyway.

Camden Yards is anice ballpark. I went to Rangers-Orielos game last year. I love the atompshere at wrigley. esp on a saturday afternoon.

Pittsburgh is a good sports town. The Pirates suck, but if they could put together a decent team, people would go. Steelers and Pens rule here.

Also probably the city with as nice of arenas as anywhere, all relatively new.

Petersen Event Center
Consol Energy Ceneter
Heinz Field
PNC Park

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

The MIDWEST hands down. We ain't hollywood.

your Laker avy says differently...it kills me how LA (always the Lakers, really) fans from other places never seem to respect the city their favorite team comes from. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom