Sport Cities-Non Sport Cities

Philly is one of the worse cities, I mean if you win they love you that week; but if you lose they are calling for your head ...

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Los Angeles is not a bad sports town (coming from someone who lives in L.A. & pulls for none of the pro-teams)

LA isn't the best sports city, it's not nearly as bad as crappy sports towns like Miami and Atlanta.

I wouldn't compare it to more traditional northeast cities and Chicago which are strong sports towns but LA isn't a crappy sports city either.

suprisingly the Kings have a good fanbase and attendance is good at Kings games.  i'm impressed for the fact that they've been mediocre for so long and with the exception of the Gretzky years haven't done anything of relevance.

the Clippers got a decent fanbase and have had actual fans despite being a joke and constantly in the Lakers shadow the majority of their time here.

the Dodgers have broken attendance records and win or lose the fans show up at Chavez Ravine

the Lakers have a huge following out here,  the die hard fans tend to be priced out of the lower sections at staples which gives an inaccurate portrayal of Laker fans imo.

all in all LA is a decent sports city,  not on the level of more traditional east coast cities but is decent in its own right.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Good- Boston, Chicago, Green Bay, Philadelphia.

Bad- Miami, Los Angeles, Tampa, Jacksonville.
green bay is not a good sports city. it's a good football city because of it's tradition and other factors. since it's a small city and there's not much option, so football is the core. not all of the people you see at the game at lambeau are from green bay. many people are from small towns from around the area, and there is a lot of people coming from milwaukee. green bay is not a sports city like chicago, where they have many options and not just football. there's NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc in chicago and people love their sports. i've lived in green bay, the twin cities, and chicago...green bay is the worst sports city out of those three. if it's just football wise and not sports (variety of options), it's up there with any city.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Los Angeles is not a bad sports town (coming from someone who lives in L.A. & pulls for none of the pro-teams)
Better fans here than in San Francisco, I think.
6y3b78.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

LA isn't the best sports city, it's not nearly as bad as crappy sports towns like Miami and Atlanta.

I wouldn't compare it to more traditional northeast cities and Chicago which are strong sports towns but LA isn't a crappy sports city either.

suprisingly the Kings have a good fanbase and attendance is good at Kings games.  i'm impressed for the fact that they've been mediocre for so long and with the exception of the Gretzky years haven't done anything of relevance.

the Clippers got a decent fanbase and have had actual fans despite being a joke and constantly in the Lakers shadow the majority of their time here.

the Dodgers have broken attendance records and win or lose the fans show up at Chavez Ravine

the Lakers have a huge following out here,  the die hard fans tend to be priced out of the lower sections at staples which gives an inaccurate portrayal of Laker fans imo.

all in all LA is a decent sports city,  not on the level of more traditional east coast cities but is decent in its own right.
You forgot about the Galaxy (like anyone cares
grin.gif
laugh.gif
)
Strong following from a ot of Hispanic population
and the average attendance is around 19-22 thousand in a 27000 seat stadium
Not that bad compared to other cities like KC, Columbus, Dallas
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 951guero

grin.gif
laugh.gif
)
Strong following from a ot of Hispanic population
and the average attendance is around 19-22 thousand in a 27000 seat stadium
Not that bad compared to other cities like KC, Columbus, Dallas
sick.gif
laugh.gif
  i think people actaully go to their games too.

i go to school right next to the home depot center. my campus parking lot is right behind their stadium, i remember they were giving free galaxy playoff tickets to anyone from our school that wanted to go last season, i never went tho

No DETROIT mentions?
eek.gif
 y'all real foolish for that one..
Tigers- Always had a solid fanbase but it has grown even larger now that they are back good again. One of the most storied franchises in baseball.
pimp.gif

Lions- FINALLY getting back right, but the lions had a solid fanbase waiting for them to get back good. If not for the conditions of the auto industry in MI the last couple yrs, the Lions still may have had solid attendance in their sucky seasons. Although the amount of home games blacked out on TV during my childhood led me to being a Packers fan
pimp.gif
 I must say I was really happy for them in making the playoffs last year, Michigan needed that.

Red Wings- One of the best franchises in spirts. period. No question.
pimp.gif

Pistons- Fell off as of late but lets not forget that sick sellout streak they had during the "Its time to go to work" days (Chauncey, Sheed, Ben, Tayshaun, Rip) They still have a solid following although I stopped when they traded Chauncey smh
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Living in Los Angeles now, people from here definitely pull for the Lakers and Dodgers hard. Better fans here than in San Francisco, I think.

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

What about DC/Baltimore? i can really pinpoint if that DMV area is a sports town or not. ******** seems to have a loyal fan base. I dont know. Interesting
DC and Baltimore are different planets sports wise. Baltimore fans are pretty die hard with the Ravens. Orioles fans exist but they have been so bad lately not many people care. There are still a lot of O's fans though

DC fans are only really passionate about the Caps. I feel like there are just as many Boys fans as Skins fans in the whole area. the Nationals need to make some noise because its funny going to a game and seeing more Philly/Mets fans in the stadiums
laugh.gif
. I see them putting in work this year though.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

i go to school right next to the home depot center. my campus parking lot is right behind their stadium, i remember they were giving free galaxy playoff tickets to anyone from our school that wanted to go last season, i never went tho

I go to about a third of their games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I go to more Galaxy games than I do Clips and Kings games combine
frown.gif

The MIDWEST hands down. We ain't hollywood. Hard workin folk that love sports. Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Green Bay all have die hard sports fans.

^ Thank God you left Cleveland out, because I merely consider us "Midwest" contrary to popular opinion.

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

What about DC/Baltimore? i can really pinpoint if that DMV area is a sports town or not. ******** seems to have a loyal fan base. I dont know. Interesting
I don't know about Baltimore, that city has NOTHING to do with The DC Area. NOTHING at all.
Caps: Good Following

Wizards: Bums, but if they win good following. We aren't GSW type of fans.

********: Excellent Following

Nats: Bums, 5000 empty seats every game. New waste of $ stadium at that

United: I don't know

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

grin.gif
laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

if they end up doing promotions again where dominguez students get free tickets i'll hit you up,  you could have whatever tickets they would give me as i doubt i'll make it to a game there anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Philly is one of the worse cities, I mean if you win they love you that week; but if you lose they are calling for your head ...

Sound like another person just heard some stuff on Espn and ran with it. I would love to know where fans are stupid  enough to be happy with a losing product and say nothing at all? That being said obviously bump the Eagles

I think Minnesota is a decent sports town. Vikings, Twins,Timberwolves. People there seems to follow Gopher footballl

Baltimore, die hard football fans here. It may be because the only team we have is an NFL team, I know we have the Orioles but can we really consider them a professional team. I hope that one day they bring an NBA team back to the city, but doubt that with the Bullets being so close in DC and they aren't necessarily making the argument for us to get our own team.

Baltimore, die hard football fans here. It may be because the only team we have is an NFL team, I know we have the Orioles but can we really consider them a professional team. I hope that one day they bring an NBA team back to the city, but doubt that with the Bullets being so close in DC and they aren't necessarily making the argument for us to get our own team.
25ivuyq.jpg

Originally Posted by dakid23

25ivuyq.jpg

What are you confused about bro?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

if they end up doing promotions again where dominguez students get free tickets i'll hit you up,  you could have whatever tickets they would give me as i doubt i'll make it to a game there anytime soon.
That would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom