Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:

I think about it more and Lucas just has a bottomless fall obsession/fetish.

You'd think in a city among the clouds there wouldn't be a part anywhere where you fall for so long until your under the city hanging on to a thin pole or w/e. Then Darth Maul just falls after getting cut in half in the PT. To think, all of those pretty buildings are mostly hollow :smh:

just got back from watching. 

just absolute chills. 
pimp.gif

All of this stuff is in the novelization but not the finished film

copied from Reddit

Most important parts: Kylo Ren definitely knows who Rey is. And it was implied that he didn't want to kill her, even surprised that she attacked him first.

When he first heard of the girl, he snapped like in the movie, but it was is implied there was more to the story. When he found she was "just" a scavenger, he seemed dissapointed but still interested since she has a strong affinity to the Force.

However, in their duel, when she snags the lightsaber from him, he says: "It is you".

Their encounter also ended when Hux came and dragged him onboard a shuttle.

Snoke also knows who Rey is. He even told Kylo he sensed that he had compassion for her.

During Reys interrogation it was kind of implied that Kylo hit a wall in her mind, before she managed to turn it around and enter his.

EDIT: During a Leia/Han-scene, Leia said that Snoke had followed Kylo since he was a small boy, whispering in his ear and Leia had tried to shield him from Snokes influence.

Yeah, didn't get much from the visions.

She heard mechanical breathing (Anakin) and it was implied she saw Luke and Anakins duel on Bespin, 7 people on a battlefield, more lightsaber-battles before she saw the future again (encounter with Kylo Ren). This also stood out:

"Then behind her, another voice. That voice. "Stay here, I'll come back for you.""

some of these make a BIG difference to the story.

Last edited:
Ok i'm back from my media blackout.

bruh

bruh

BRUH

this movie dawg

View media item 1834424
God bless you JJ & Larry Kasden. Story was on point and felt like a fresh take on ANH. Cinematography was A1. The mix of practical and CGI was amazing. Perfect ******* balance.

i refuse to post in that SW spoilers thread. This is the only SW thread i acknowledge.

this dude Kylo stopped a ******* laser beam mid-flight, held it there, then let it go while walking off. I literally had the stank face. I knew at that point, this dude was about his business. Adam Driver surprised me and IMO had the best performance in the movie. Being so unpredictable and off the rails made him so much more menacing. He went ape-**** on that control panel :lol:

:wow: :wow: :wow: Kylo being Han's son. I had no idea. And then "Ben" offed his own dad :wow: One of the moments when i had to hold back tears. I saw that long empty bridge; then the camera panned to Chewy, then Rey & FInn. At that point i knew what was about to happen but i really hoped it wouldn't. RIP

I really enjoyed the story of Luke trying to raise a new generation of Jedi and then his nephew goes and ruins everything, which pushes Luke into seclusion and causes Leia and Han to part ways.

I think i watched too many Boyega interviews because his American accent caught me off guard and i def had to get used to it. I hope Finn develops force sensitivity too. I'm mean he was wielding the saber pretty decent for a rookie. Idk the more jedi the merrier lol

For some reason the part where Rey unleashes those monsters w/ tentacles on Han's freighter felt like it kinda dragged on. Still entertaining though.

How the hell did Maz have the ESB saber??? I'm sure they'll answer it later. When Rey touched the saber and she had visions; it reminded me of Luke in the dagobah cave.

LORD. when the x-wing squadron made their attack on Maz's temple. T'was tough to hold back the tears. Took me right back to my childhood. All the dogfights and spaceship flying was A1. My man Poe putting in work :pimp:

This dude C3PO popping into frame in between Han & Leia :rofl:

Rey is on track to be the GOAT jedi. Very curious of her backstory. People are already saying she's Luke daughter but i feel like that's too easy of a plotline.

At first i thought Snoke was an actual giant but then quickly realized it was a hologram lol. Curious to know more about him.

I really hope Phasma gets some burn in Ep. VIII because she basically had only like 4 lines and didn't look that badass in the process.

Now i can finally watch the trailers lol

Last edited:
I just got back from a saturday afternoon show, the theater was 2/3 empty. wth.

I miss the hype of this movie that's going on back in the states with most of you guys. Excellent movie and brought back so many great memories and feelings. One thing I just love was the music. That was on point!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Kylo being Han's son. I had no idea. And then "Ben" offed his own dad
embarassed.gif
One of the moments when i had to hold back tears. I saw that long empty bridge; then the camera panned to Chewy, then Rey & FInn. At that point i knew what was about to happen but i really hoped it wouldn't. RIP
And Chewy's scream... that got to a lot of people.  Certainly did for me. [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

I just rewatched the scene where Rey touches Luke's saber for the first time and has flashbacks... YOOOOO! :wow: Kylo IS protecting her. That has to be his voice saying "be quiet girl" and him dropping her off on Jakku. The plot thickens...

So is Kylo Ren a chump or is Rey that much of a beast? Ren got tuned up by someone who basically just learned how to turn a light saber on :wow:
That ground doesn't split apart and he's finished. Chump is too strong of a word. I know I'm calling him a chump because he killed my dude >:

Last edited:
Finally found him! I was late to the game so I knew I'd have a hard time finding him and I didn't want to pay online. Figured the release of the movie would bring a restock and TRU had 1.

Can't wait to go see The movie for the 2nd time so I can pick up on the little things I missed.

View media item 1834611

Ren exhibits a control of the force we haven't seen on screen yet. He's definitely not a chump. Just think of the stuff he could do. So yeah, old girl is a beast. And I think I just figured it out. :wow:

Ren wants Rey to be his Sith apprentice. He's gaming up Snoke with the long con. He wants the galaxy under family rule. THAT'S why he kept her hidden. He's waiting for the right time to seduce her to the dark side. Finn is going to have to kill them both in the end.

I bet I just called it.

Last edited:
im calling it Poe and Rey will be our new love story, they gave Finn and Rey too much of a Han/Leia type of relationship...ha remember how it seemed as though that would be the revolving love story and it turned out to be siblings...lol

I just rewatched the scene where Rey touches Luke's saber for the first time and has flashbacks... YOOOOO!
eek.gif
Kylo IS protecting her. That has to be his voice saying "be quiet girl" and him dropping her off on Jakku. The plot thickens...
Or it was just the voice of the person holding her.. like that guy who was buying the junk. If it were Kylo, how would we be hearing that voice when the ship was already in the air

I have tickets for tomorrow to watch with my pops but I might just go this am to an old school theater here in LA that's showing it on 35mm :pimp:

Ren exhibits a control of the force we haven't seen on screen yet. He's definitely not a chump. Just think of the stuff he could do. So yeah, old girl is a beast. And I think I just figured it out. :wow:

Ren wants Rey to be his Sith apprentice. He's gaming up Snoke with the long con. He wants the galaxy under family rule. THAT'S why he kept her hidden. He's waiting for the right time to seduce her to the dark side. Finn is going to have to kill them both in the end.

I bet I just called it.

I feel some sort of resentment from Ren, like back at this school he thought he was the Golden child, but here comes this youngin naturally suited for what he thought was his birthright. On some Big daddy/hit girl ****.

Movie was dope though, like how George thought his remasters would look. Star wars and Disney money belong together.

Real world set pieces added so much to the film, what were they thinking with the prequels.

Real dialects, accents and languages ! Loved that, I thought the Thai(?) actors were gonna give them that work.

Last edited:
This trilogy will not go by without someone saying, "I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

Kylo's dad wasn't a Jedi, sooooooooo......

I've avoided this thread for the last week so that I wouldn't catch any spoilers. Saw the movie last night and loved it. Some of you guys have already stated this, but the dog fights were awesome, and music was one point. Acting wise, there wasn't a weak link in the whole movie IMO. Although the movie was amazing, I have a feeling in the next month once people get out of their feels, people are going to use the minor plot holes to try and tear this movie a part. 

I don't remember the specifics, but just how badly damaged was Finn and Ren?
Finn got slashed in the back and burned in the shoulder from crossguard blades, but not sure about the rest of his injuries.  Obvs bad enough that left him in a coma.

Ren got hit a few times by Rey, but did he lose an extremities?  I think Rey slashed/destroyed Ren's lightsaber in the process?

After watching that last fight, I believe Rey and Ben are going to switch places. She's going to succumb to the Dark Side and he's going to come back to the light.
I mean that would be an interesting twist. Maybe. Overall I loved the movie and I will see it again. Face got real wet when Han went out. I knew it was gonna happen but it didn't hit me until Chewie got mad.
I dont see this happening but when kylo has her pinned at the cliff and tries to convince her to let him train her, the red and blue light from their lighsabers flicker on their faces making it seem like they are both at a crossroads. Very cool direction. 
A lot like when Kylo's face was half red half blue before killing Han and just before he does the deed his face goes dark.

Back
Top Bottom