Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Holy crap at the Palpatine fight vs. Maul and Savage. The Chancellor could move for an old man.

Wow so many things wrong with this movie. It literally made me appreciate TLJ and TFA. The action is much better but it feels like the story got worse....and most of the dialogue was Saturday cartoon. I was rolling my eyes through almost the whole film. I will watch it again to see if there is something I like(even though I shouldn’t).

Just back from seeing it - my favorite line was “I know”.

In writing that sounds like it’s definitely THE cringe line from the movie...Or at least the discussion can be made because there were lots 😂...

But seeing it play out it was great...

I Just got out, ill be in later to yell at all of you for disrespecting Rian Johnson because that was boo boo.

Just got out of it. Worst one of the sequel trilogy. Joint is just two hours of fan service.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh and Rian Johnson I sincerely apologise for my behavior over the last couple years.

Finally seeing the light. :D Luckily for yoy the force preaches forgiveness.

Some things have a gray area. Others are just black and white. TLJ and TROS are black and white. This film is so much better than that trash Rian Johnson put out. I definitely don't need whatever you Last Jedi fanboys are smoking.

Just got out.......

I enjoyed it. But I always knew I would. I'm not a sheep
This does not track CP :lol:

It just sounds like you were hellbent on being the opposite of those who were gonna hate this movie before seeing it.

You seriously should reflect on that before getting on a high horse and calling others sheep.

If you were always gonna like it without seeing it you got a bias no different than the sheep.

I like the premise of the Skywalker and Palpatine clans crashing into each other, I think that's dope but this whole trilogy was done poorly. It had no identity or true direction, just a cool idea. Like I felt nothing. I thought that was because I'm older, but **** Watchmen just had me glued and invested.

That said, this was cool, like they tried to fix some mistakes of the saga but it's really too late and it came off disjointed, but enjoyable popcorn flick with fan service.

In this golden era of film and tv man, the dialogue gotta be better. Finn can't just tell REY! or POE! a million times in 2020.
Opening day and theater was empty at primetime, that was wild.

Let me say this to start. The Last Jedi is NOT a perfect movie, the Canto Bite sequence sucks, Finn's story line sucks, ect ect, but my point was never that TLJ was perfect but rather it was saddled with the problems that The Force Awakens created in its zeal to regurgitate the plot of A New Hope.

1. Finn is was and has always been a terrible character,

he's set up as a such a loathsome loser coward with basically no redeeming qualities or discernible skills half the things he does happen by pure accident, he has barley any agency other than to run and cower in fear. Thus saddling the Last Jedi with the task of totally rehabilitating him as a character.

2. Poe is such a thinly drawn character, that hinges basically entirely on Oscar Issacs square jaw.

the fact that he's MIA for most of TFA again sticks TLA with the task of actually making him into a character, a task that should have been don in the first film.

Canto Bite is terrible, Finn and Poe are bad characters,

but everything else Rian Johnson was 100% correct and is basically flames,

-Stoke is stupid, x-ing him out was the correct decision.

-Hinging anything on Rey's parentage is dumb, it's better if they are nobodies. im tired of bloodline BS, it's dumb. characters should have agency we shouldn't be basing their significance on their parentage like this is ****ing the Maurry Povich show.

- Luke's arc was FANTASTIC, totally tracks and is totally believably development, makes him an awesome more complex character
- killing the past, making the force, the difference between good and evil more complex it's all good and right.

JJ trying to reverse all that is stupid, and in his attempt he revealed he couldn't hold Rian Johnson's jock as a director.

Nothing in this film is close, the Holdo Run, The Red Room, even the opening bombing sequence. JJ's DOES NOT have the same command of visual story telling, his **** is often incoherent and chaotic.

RIAN WAS RIGHT, the Last Jedi is good and right and all who hate on it are bad and wrong. :lol:

I like the premise of the Skywalker and Palpatine clans crashing into each other, I think that's dope but this whole trilogy was done poorly. It had no identity or true direction, just a cool idea. Like I felt nothing. I thought that was because I'm older, but **** Watchmen just had me glued and invested.

That said, this was cool, like they tried to fix some mistakes of the saga but it's really too late and it came off disjointed, but enjoyable popcorn flick with fan service.

In this golden era of film and tv man, the dialogue gotta be better. Finn can't just tell REY! or POE! a million times in 2020.
Opening day and theater was empty at primetime, that was wild.

Not sure where you saw it, but I went to an 1145am Dolby show and it was packed.

No the last Jedi wasn't good, neither was this one really, but I don't dislike either. But they are all sorta imprisoned by previous bad ideas and lack of cohesion. Someone with a passion for the source material should helm a trilogy as a project from start to finish. Praise be to Feige God.

It must have went over my head, but how the hell is Rey a Palpetine?
Having trouble visioning Palpetine having a son and that not being any major part of the storyline
Just you wait for the inevitable t.v. show or comic (probably both):

Son of Sidious
Sheev's Boy
Palpatine & Son

This does not track CP :lol:

It just sounds like you were hellbent on being the opposite of those who were gonna hate this movie before seeing it.

You seriously should reflect on that before getting on a high horse and calling others sheep.

If you were always gonna like it without seeing it you got a bias no different than the sheep.

I probably worded it poorly. EYEEEEE, knew I would like it on my own, not based off others opinions, leaks, spoilers, etc.

Not because I wasn't gonna watch it. Kind of like Solo, I recognize fully it doesn't NEED to be made, no argument, but when I sat down and watched it, it was actually really good. Not great, not game changer or anything, but really well done, thought out, few surprises etc.

There were people who DESTROYED that film...........6 months before it came out. :lol: :lol:

That, is the point. I'm not saying I'm gonna love every film before it drops no matter what, cuz, prequels. (Well, first two, Sith I do enjoy)

GoT S8 another example. I expected to love that ****. You know, I trashed that ****. :lol: I mean I was heated, you know that. I'll speak out on something if I don't like it. I got zero qualms with that. You know that by now.

Back
Top Bottom