Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

As for incline I always do it because it's the best for upper chest. But for overall mass decline puts on more. They are different lifts for different purposes.

Just stop with this friend.
It's genetics more than anything when it comes to shape so everyone should stop.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

As for incline I always do it because it's the best for upper chest. But for overall mass decline puts on more. They are different lifts for different purposes.

It's genetics more than anything when it comes to shape so everyone should stop.
laugh.gif

I mentioned that earlier in this thread, which is why I always say to hit chest at every angle, and go heavy heavy heavy.

if you're working chest you're working chest, you have a pec major on each side that's going to be the the muscle you're attempting to utilize the most, doing incline vs decline will bring in different accessory muscles but as far as one of them getting you more chest mass? no. Come on you guys are smarter than that, just like you can't spot weight reduce, it's equally as hard to spot fiber recruit within the same muscle that is all innervated by the same nerve!

That's like when people are doing leg raises on the tricep dip thing thinking they are working their abs. In reality, you are getting an isometric contraction of your abdominals to hold you stable, but you are flexing your hip, and what muscle flexes your hip? ilipsoas, NOT abdominals (which flex the spine, a motion that does not occur with that exerise). eccentric > concentric > isometric in terms of energy requirement for a muscle

laugh.gif

I mentioned that earlier in this thread, which is why I always say to hit chest at every angle, and go heavy heavy heavy.

Lol cmon. So you trying to tell me that shaping is impossible .... lol. I guess bodybuilders just had great genetics for EVERY body part. Cmon. Once you build mass (bulk) you can cut/Shape.

Originally Posted by bwood056

laugh.gif

Lol cmon. So you trying to tell me that shaping is impossible .... lol. I guess bodybuilders just had great genetics for EVERY body part. Cmon. Once you build mass (bulk) you can cut/Shape.

There's no such thing as muscle shaping. 
If you've seen a variety of pro BB'ers up close you'd def see the diff in shapes. The part about the "genetics for everybody part" doesn't hold for the vast majority of BB'ers. Off of AAS/HGH/Insulin  they'd be nothing special at all when it comes to physique. Size covers up a lot of imperfections when it comes to the human eye/ Especially from the amateur perspective. Some are very genetically gifted and it shows but many fall within 2 standard deviations just like on any bell curve.  Most pro's have big weaknesses. That's why they're not on top. 

35jf6fp.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Getting my handstand push ups on...[/color]
happy.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Doing the Spartan Race on saturday...Should be fun [/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]'[/color]

That's like when people are doing leg raises on the tricep dip thing thinking they are working their abs. In reality, you are getting an isometric contraction of your abdominals to hold you stable, but you are flexing your hip, and what muscle flexes your hip? ilipsoas, NOT abdominals (which flex the spine, a motion that does not occur with that exerise). eccentric > concentric > isometric in terms of energy requirement for a muscle
.... But an isometric contraction of the abs is still considered an ab exercise.

Theyre just not doing exactly what they think theyre doing, but still accomplishing the same goal.

I lol'ed every time I read th word ****. Well played/
laugh.gif

The single greatest factor is genetics imo.  I'm about 5'7", 190  lbs (so it's not an overall lack of mass), I can flat BB 280 x 5 , incline is about 260 x 5 and I do not have a developed chest at all. It may be because my entire chest routine consists of 5x5 or 7x 3 once a week. Even when I had a higher volume chest routine, it still wasn't that developed. I see a lot of people chasing that perfect chest but it's futile. It's mostly genetics as it pertains to your chest shape. 
I think it's A LOT of genetics... I'mma go cop some chest implants SRS

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I don't think i'll ever do decline bench.
Word
laugh.gif
@Decline

The only way to gain in (most lifts) specifically bench and chest development is to have a spotter.... too many %%!$*+@+ at my gym so I've given up. On the rare occasion I see a friend, I'll have him spot me 

Tryna lose more weight and gain muscles, got myself a meal plan...what you guys think? Along with the diet, im gonna be inthe gym 3 times a week, 20 min. cardio--20 min. weight lifting.

Meal1 (breakfast) 3eggs, I cup broccoli, half cup green peppers, 1cup green tea

Meal2 (snack) 1apple, half cup peanuts, half cup blueberries 1cup green tea

Meal3 (lunch) 6ounces chicken breast, 1cup broccoli, half cup green peppers, 2cups salad 1cup green tea

Meal4 (snack) 20 almonds, 1apple 1cup green tea

Meal5 (dinner) 6ounce steak, 1cup asparagus, half avocado 1cup green tea

Meal6 (bedtime snack) 1apple, 1tablespoon peanutbutter

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by HOHLegend

can anybody here recommend me a workout to LOSE lovehandles...... im 5'11 195 pounds.... u dont see it wen i got a shirt on but wen i take it off thats another story...... ANY HELP??

BTW- ive gotten so desperate that ive surran wrapped my mid section with that plastic u wrap meats with and went jogging then did sit ups just so i sweated more in that area
laugh.gif
u prob have to slim down to 180

If you've seen a variety of pro BB'ers up close you'd def see the diff in shapes. The part about the "genetics for everybody part" doesn't hold for the vast majority of BB'ers. Off of AAS/HGH/Insulin  they'd be nothing special at all when it comes to physique. Size covers up a lot of imperfections when it comes to the human eye/ Especially from the amateur perspective. Some are very genetically gifted and it shows but many fall within 2 standard deviations just like on any bell curve.  Most pro's have big weaknesses. That's why they're not on top. 

in theory isnt building muscle, shaping ? by putting muscle mass on your body, which ever muscle it is. it is taking on some type of "shape".

217768_834386256201_11005638_42339393_485795_n.jpg

Anyone trying to build leg and upper body strength real quickly...start doing  power cleans and hang cleans.

Your strength will go OUT THE ROOF in no time once you develop the proper technique....

If you're tryna cut those last 10 pounds or tryna get rid of that stubborn love handle fat, I seriously suggest doing the EC stack.

I'm on Week 2 and I've seen a very noticeable difference in my love handle and stomah area where I couldn't a couple weeks ago.

pookieman wrote:

Anyone trying to build leg and upper body strength real quickly...start doing  power cleans and hang cleans.

Your strength will go OUT THE ROOF in no time once you develop the proper technique....

idk why that pic was necessary but I agree with doing clean's for strength...I just went over that chapter in rippetoes book yesterday...proper form is a DEFINITE must.
with the guy who asked about love handles I would say shed the pounds from cardio and to build muscle in that area do side bends and side planks.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

pookieman wrote:

idk why that pic was necessary but I agree with doing clean's for strength...I just went over that chapter in rippetoes book yesterday...proper form is a DEFINITE must.
with the guy who asked about love handles I would say shed the pounds from cardio and to build muscle in that area do side bends and side planks.

I'm an attention horse

Originally Posted by HOHLegend

can anybody here recommend me a workout to LOSE lovehandles...... im 5'11 195 pounds.... u dont see it wen i got a shirt on but wen i take it off thats another story...... ANY HELP??

BTW- ive gotten so desperate that ive surran wrapped my mid section with that plastic u wrap meats with and went jogging then did sit ups just so i sweated more in that area

Originally Posted by Club29

HOHLegend wrote:

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg/oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg"">http://oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image" jquery1303321327421="38">
2w6t5a9.jpg

lmao

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by Club29

HOHLegend wrote:

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg/oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg"">http://oi51.tinypic.com/2w6t5a9.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image" jquery1303321327421="38">
2w6t5a9.jpg

lmao

laugh.gif

Been stalking this thread for the past 50 or so pages on and off and definitely some info that I have used.....except the one posted above
laugh.gif

in theory isnt building muscle, shaping ? by putting muscle mass on your body, which ever muscle it is. it is taking on some type of "shape".

Na don't try to pull that.
laugh.gif
You're putting on lean mass.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

If you're tryna cut those last 10 pounds or tryna get rid of that stubborn love handle fat, I seriously suggest doing the EC stack.

I'm on Week 2 and I've seen a very noticeable difference in my love handle and stomach area where I couldn't a couple weeks ago.
Cosign, I'm about two weeks in myself and lost 5 pounds in like the 1st week (I'm waiting until Saturday to weigh myself again)
...but this stuff really takes away that desire to eat, like I have to force myself to get my minimum 3 meals a day.
Overall it's going well, I can't wait to see my results after the full six weeks.

Na don't try to pull that.
laugh.gif
You're putting on lean mass.

Why not? Lol. Is it not technically correct?

Went to the doctor on Monday for a check-up.
289 lb.

5'8

THIS HAS TO CHANGE.

Bad enough I got a physical for school tomorrow and I haven't worked out in forever so I'm gonna bomb that 
30t6p3b.gif

I stopped drinking soda, but I picked up Diet Dr.Pepper in its place, which isn't a good substitute, the taste of it disgusts me, so I've been drinking water instead.

I'm gonna stop eating out, I got an appointment with a nutritionist in the coming months.

What else do I need to do?

Originally Posted by pookieman

217768_834386256201_11005638_42339393_485795_n.jpg

Pookie, I see you.
Seeing platforms and bumpers always brightens the day.
laugh.gif

Is that 140 kilos on the bar? Very nice. 

Why not? Lol. Is it not technically correct?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Na. You're putting on mass. Not shaping the muscle. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have naturally long muscle bellies you can't make them short and vice versa.  If you have a V shaped back, you can't convert into a "blocky" one  and vice versa. If you have asymmetrical abs you can't get symmetrical one's no matter how hard you try. 

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom