Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by gConquer

SERIOUS HELP: hey guys i've been working out for almost 2 years now and for some reason i can not get a well develop CHEST. literally the weakest thing on my whole body and the honestly my favorite workouts. I've tried everything: i.e. Pyramids, Heavy weight, low reps, Light weight, high reps, 4 sets of everything at least 12-15 times. DB incline, decline, flat, Bar incline, decline, flat, etc. i do push ups in between everything usually. i get a good pump when i lift and my chest looks decent WHILE i'm working out but i just do not have that well defined chest. my upper abs stick out a lot and honestly sometimes i feel like theyre equally as big as my chest. is this a factor? ANY input would help thanks in advance for the suggestions i'm feelin like this 
mad.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
 when i see other sculpted chests.
Don't exceed 60 contractions of the pectoral tissue in your overall chest workout. It isn't benefiting to overload.
Do this twice a week, with 3 days rest in between. The first day do 10-12 reps/set, the second do 6-8reps/set

Exercise your shoulders, back, arms, legs, everything. 

Eat heavy, lift heavy, use a spotter, push yourself.

It's genetics.. but doing that will make the best of what you have, and keeps it simplified. 

No chest FTL.. at some point your going to have to accept the fact. but dont worry, %!+@%*+ love arms+abs
laugh.gif

I got my chest looking right by at first starting off at 300 pushups a day. For 2 months...and continued my regular lifting. Then I altered my pushup routine by doing 300 pushups in the morning, then 300 at night about 2 hrs before I go to the gym. Sometimes I can get a 100 out at once but usually do 50 and then do 25 sit-ups and so on. But a big chest is obtainable I was at 175 before I started working now I'm at 195..

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by gConquer

SERIOUS HELP: hey guys i've been working out for almost 2 years now and for some reason i can not get a well develop CHEST. literally the weakest thing on my whole body and the honestly my favorite workouts. I've tried everything: i.e. Pyramids, Heavy weight, low reps, Light weight, high reps, 4 sets of everything at least 12-15 times. DB incline, decline, flat, Bar incline, decline, flat, etc. i do push ups in between everything usually. i get a good pump when i lift and my chest looks decent WHILE i'm working out but i just do not have that well defined chest. my upper abs stick out a lot and honestly sometimes i feel like theyre equally as big as my chest. is this a factor? ANY input would help thanks in advance for the suggestions i'm feelin like this 
mad.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
 when i see other sculpted chests.
Don't exceed 60 contractions of the pectoral tissue in your overall chest workout. It isn't benefiting to overload.

... but one of the principles of resistance training is overload.

Maybe overload just isnt the best word to use in that situation, I dont know.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

http://www.gnc.com/produc...14925&CAWELAID=749805874

Anybody ever try it tryin to put on some muscle haven't seen any gains in the gym in a while and it's def not due to hard work

I'd recommend this over the GNC stuff. I didn't notice a difference in strength at all with the GNC creatine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/kre.html
Man that stuff is 
pimp.gif
, haven't gotten a new bottle since finishing my last one abt 6 weeks ago but as soon as summer training starts I'm back on it

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

http://www.gnc.com/produc...14925&CAWELAID=749805874

Anybody ever try it tryin to put on some muscle haven't seen any gains in the gym in a while and it's def not due to hard work

I'd recommend this over the GNC stuff. I didn't notice a difference in strength at all with the GNC creatine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/kre.html
this stuff is legit... started two weeks ago and see noticeable gains. Increased every exercise by like 10-15 pounds

can anyone with experience with creatine give me some heads up on it? I know your muscles get pumped with basically water and you have to cycle it from what I've read up on... but after it adds some mass can I stop using it and supplement it with something else so muscles don't shrink? Also will just plain whey protein do this trick without needing creatine?

Originally Posted by Durden7

No, you're right. I suppose 'over worked' ?
After a certain amount of exercise it becomes counter productive, in my experience. 

smh.... hooped after my chest workout last night and ended up doing something bad to my left knee (my good one)... made a move to the basket pushed off my right then instantly off my left... the outside of the knee buckled and popped a little bit, cant really put pressure on it, went to urgent care this morning and dude said he's pretty sure it's a knee sprain.... sidelined for a few weeks... anyone had one before? what can i do?

I do bench press and incline when I do chest at the gym...but that pushup routine has gotten my bench up. But I didn't realize I was straining muscles because I am never sore.

Man %@%% having a 6-pack. I just went to del taco only to throw away the 7 dollars worth of food i bought out of guilt. Egg-white omelette with spinach it is....

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Man %@%% having a 6-pack. I just went to del taco only to throw away the 7 dollars worth of food i bought out of guilt. Egg-white omelette with spinach it is....

laugh.gif

i love this attitude

it makes me stand out.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Man +#@% having a 6-pack. I just went to del taco only to throw away the 7 dollars worth of food i bought out of guilt. Egg-white omelette with spinach it is....

Atleast you know you have the will power. Props
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

oguchionyewu.jpg

I remember someone posted this picture a long while back... this has been straight motivation for me ever since then.

But for real, how the heck does one achieve this physique?

I'm like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
, then
30t6p3b.gif
@ myself cause I'm nowhere close
laugh.gif
this is for real?

thanks you just made me feel great about myself.....

cant you get that just from playin b ball??

Originally Posted by Al Audi

oguchionyewu.jpg

I remember someone posted this picture a long while back... this has been straight motivation for me ever since then.

I'm like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
, then
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
this is for real?

laugh.gif
I wish I could get this from just hooping...

I've been working out for over a year but I've always been too lazy to diet, I eat healthy but I still eat alot.

But are you saying you look like this? Cause that is some seriously cut abs

Originally Posted by Durden7

No, you're right. I suppose 'over worked' ?

Yeah, I can agree with overworked.

Just out of curiosity, whered you hear the 60 contractions idea?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

oguchionyewu.jpg

I'm like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
, then
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
this is for real?

laugh.gif
I wish I could get this from just hooping...

I've been working out for over a year but I've always been too lazy to diet, I eat healthy but I still eat alot.

But are you saying you look like this? Cause that is some seriously cut abs
This is really average imo.
Lurking KILLS this dude.
There's a couple of heads in here who smash this physique.

Can someone recommend me a new compound workout? maybe a split? I'm getting bored of my current one...

i currently do a 4 sess routine of:
day 1 chest/tris
day 2 legs
day 3 break
day 4 bis/back
day 5 shoulders/trips

StaXX wrote:
This is really average imo.
Lurking KILLS this dude.
There's a couple of heads in here who smash this physique.

Average? You gotta be kidding me
laugh.gif

What kind of workout plan would be useful to try and get this physique? Lot of cutting, some bulking?

I always thought it was crazy ripped or something
tired.gif

...... I decided to give Jack3d and kre-alkalyn a try.

Heard nothing but good things and I'm ready to give it shot...Starts tonight. I'm excited.
 First assessment is that it works, but it takes my body a littler longer to get going. I did chest today and noticed a little difference (my shoulder is in bad shape so this is a bad sample to start with). After I was 20 mins deep into my workout I felt great.

I'm not worried that this doesn't work. The next few days I expect the supps to really set in. I'll keep you posted.

oguchionyewu.jpg

Is this Oguchi Onyewu from the USA soccer team?
If so, this guy grew up in my home town of OLNEY Maryland
smokin.gif

I see him at the local gym every once in a while...

Besides being tall, he looks pretty average in person.

I try not to creep but every once in a while ill look over to see how much he's lifting...

Dude puts up baby weight. But I mean, he's a soccer player, so he can't be power lifting or anything like that.

His girlfriend....

sapphira_oshannon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom