Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

When you lower carbs on a cut, around how many grams do you recommend? 40-50?

That is quite low.. too low and you might lose muscle mass. Im not too sure on the correct number - you'll have to experiment with that. Others are forcutting carbs and high fat, others don't. I just ensure carbs are used when needed.

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Whats the deal with these? I'm seeing more and more meatheads @ the gym wearing these while lifting. What gives?

It's flat and you can run in them. Advantages of it being a flat shoe is that you can deadlift and squat.

Anyone else here addicted to peanut butter?

I decided to rest today and I ate like half a jar of PB.

I got sick of it after about 10 mins and just washed the rest of my bowl down the sink
laugh.gif

Peanut butter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I jumped the gun and copped a pair of Vibram fivefingers KSO. Tried it on at a local spot, they feel like I'm actually walking barefoot. The thing is, my barefoot is being "protected" but super lightweight at the same time.

For those that don't know what they look like:
vibram-five-fingers-kso1.jpg

Whats good with Footlocker in-store refund policy?
nerd.gif
I sort of want to refund my Nike Free 5.0, only wore them to the gym for four days.

Whats the deal with these? I'm seeing more and more meatheads @ the gym wearing these while lifting. What gives?

Do you even rock socks with these or do you use
feetblackredtoes.jpg

Carlos Tevez: What kinda peanut butter are you eating? The JIF peanut butter at my house is like 2 tbsp 170 calories
sick.gif
but taste
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Do you even rock socks with these or do you use
feetblackredtoes.jpg

Carlos Tevez: What kinda peanut butter are you eating? The JIF peanut butter at my house is like 2 tbsp 170 calories
sick.gif
but taste
pimp.gif
Nah, you don't need to wear socks with these shoes. Its optional, if you do want to wear socks, buy a size bigger. The purpose of this shoeis to be "barefoot". Check out the reviews online, ranges from runners to weight lifting. Majority are nothing but solid reviews. Tomorrow is backday for me so I get to try these out for deadlifting, will be my first time in the gym with these.

I think this casein is helping a lot with my gains. I'd recommend it for anybody who has not been exposed to it. My hypothesis is the slower metabolizingprotein allows for greater absorption. These past 2 weeks I've bumped up my max DB flatbench press from 85-95lb dumbbells in literally 2 weeks(a 5-repset), quite a bit more progress than I am used to. I'm hoping to join the 100 club pretty soon.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I think this casein is helping a lot with my gains. I'd recommend it for anybody who has not been exposed to it. My hypothesis is the slower metabolizing protein allows for greater absorption. These past 2 weeks I've bumped up my max DB flatbench press from 85-95lb dumbbells in literally 2 weeks(a 5-rep set), quite a bit more progress than I am used to. I'm hoping to join the 100 club pretty soon.
I honestly believe that casein protein + whey protein etc. are NOT helping your gains.

You do not need protein shakes to get stronger.

Consistency > anything else (including diet).

Consistency with a crappy diet will still see you make gains.

Of course, consistency + good diet = quicker gains.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. A few months ago I jumped from 70 to 90 pound dumbells without using whey protein, without eating a ton ofprotein, without increasing my calories and without gaining any weight. I just did it by hitting the weights 3-4 times a week and eating a relatively gooddiet. I said here a few weeks ago that I jumped from 95 to 100 pound dumbells(my gym doesnt go past 100lb dumbells
mad.gif
) the same way...lifting atleast 3x a week and eating good food.

My point is, people get so attached to these supplements that they think they can't perform well without them.

You got stronger my man from being dedicated and working hard...not because you get 25 grams of slow-digesting protein right before bed
wink.gif

Dammit, I swear if I see one more pair of those damn feet-spandex at my gym, I'm gonna start dropping 45lb plates on peoples toes. Seriously anoverexaggeration of the idea of doing floor-based exercises barefoot. Really no need, and if you want to feel closer to the ground and more stable whensquatting, deadlifting, etc... just wear some chucks. I guess wear whatever you want, but most of the guys I see at the gym wearing these are never goinganywhere near the squat rack, they're doing cardio and abs and using nautilus machines wearing those things...

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I think this casein is helping a lot with my gains. I'd recommend it for anybody who has not been exposed to it. My hypothesis is the slower metabolizing protein allows for greater absorption. These past 2 weeks I've bumped up my max DB flatbench press from 85-95lb dumbbells in literally 2 weeks(a 5-rep set), quite a bit more progress than I am used to. I'm hoping to join the 100 club pretty soon.

he said the exact same thing you did
laugh.gif

the casein is helping, not responsible for, his gains
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Dammit, I swear if I see one more pair of those damn feet-spandex at my gym, I'm gonna start dropping 45lb plates on peoples toes. Seriously an overexaggeration of the idea of doing floor-based exercises barefoot. Really no need, and if you want to feel closer to the ground and more stable when squatting, deadlifting, etc... just wear some chucks. I guess wear whatever you want, but most of the guys I see at the gym wearing these are never going anywhere near the squat rack, they're doing cardio and abs and using nautilus machines wearing those things...
Damn you really mad.

Can I run a mile in those chucks and still be good?

damn yo everyone seems to be buying/talking about these online, but i haven't seen or heard of anyone wearing them in person in my life

either way, those shoes are too ugly for me

i rock vans/nikes with flat bottoms and the insole removes to do squats or deads anyway, works fine for me. i'm sure these are a little better and probablyallow for a more natural foot flex/ROM as well as more grip but the difference can't be that great.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I got sick of it after about 10 mins and just washed the rest of my bowl down the sink
laugh.gif

Peanut butter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Damn... I thought I was the only one.

Just grabbing a spoon and just eating PB. Good fats ftw!

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif

Peanut butter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Damn... I thought I was the only one.

Just grabbing a spoon and just eating PB. Good fats ftw!
opening a brand new jar of peanut butter and then taking a nice big spoonful
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I gotta say I've gotten better with my consistency, but I honestly feel like my new stack is making progress easier to accomplish.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

^ not a knock or anything, but sprinting should be more of a glute dominant activity rather than quad dominant. the first few strides might utilize more quads, but after that it should be glutes providing most of the force. of course, it could be residual tighness/soreness from a previous leg workout

As a state level sprinter in HS and college, I kinda have to disagree with that. The quads play a major role in a sprint, almost 90% when taking off fromblocks or something of that nature. Even in the upright phase of the sprint, the quads play a major role in the stride. Even at my college conditioning level,which was very high, my quads would be more sore than my glutes after hard sprint sessions. Maybe my experience was just different but even coaches stressedthe importance of strong quads

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

is chicken noodle soup alright to eat? im doing alright with my diet, cutting out fast food and limiting to once a week on the weekends.
Usually really high in sodium. Check it out yourself though.
yea i know that bout which is disappointing but i thought it would be better than me trying to eat something high in fat and what not.

Maybe...but a diet rich in sodium can cause the same harmful effects to your heart as one that is high in fats. Maybe you should try to dilute the soup?

Improvement pics as promised.

9/30/09

12/6/09

Excuse the bathroom pics, but here are my numbers and improvements after 10 weeks

Bench press (1 rep max): 185 to 245
Deadlift (1 rep max): 435 to 510
Leg Press (1 rep max): 840 to 1020
Power Clean (1 rep max): 195 to 235
Military press (3 rep max): 100 to 125

Check this thread daily, good looks to all you guys

What do you guys recommend for building muscle mass?

Is cretine(sp?) good for your body?

Sodium will always be around I guess.. its getting to the nit picky point where you must eat low sodium foods..

Where online sells ON Whey protein for the best price? Friend is interested in some

edit: So today I took some Super Charge xtreme NO that my friend takes. Did some research on it and I find out there's creatine in it. Will it have anyeffect on my body from taking it one time? I wanna do everything all natural and the only supplement I want to take are vitamins. Help please?

Back
Top Bottom