Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Matt53

Improvement pics as promised.

9/30/09

10/6/09

Excuse the bathroom pics, but here are my numbers and improvements after 10 weeks

Bench press (1 rep max): 185 to 245
Deadlift (1 rep max): 435 to 510
Leg Press (1 rep max): 840 to 1020

Power Clean (1 rep max): 195 to 235
Military press (3 rep max): 100 to 125

Check this thread daily, good looks to all you guys
really? nice work.

biceps and forearms definitely grew a lot, looking more vascular too. chest looks more muscular too.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

A weeks progress.......?

i edited it, i meant to say 12/6/09
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Where online sells ON Whey protein for the best price? Friend is interested in some

edit: So today I took some Super Charge xtreme NO that my friend takes. Did some research on it and I find out there's creatine in it. Will it have any effect on my body from taking it one time? I wanna do everything all natural and the only supplement I want to take are vitamins. Help please?

I ordered my stuff from Bulknutrition.com. Shipped pretty fast as well.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Anyone else here addicted to peanut butter?

I decided to rest today and I ate like half a jar of PB.

I got sick of it after about 10 mins and just washed the rest of my bowl down the sink
laugh.gif

Peanut butter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Damn... I thought I was the only one.

Just grabbing a spoon and just eating PB. Good fats ftw!
opening a brand new jar of peanut butter and then taking a nice big spoonful
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Peanut Butter with Granny Smith apples
pimp.gif
I really like Jif Natural PB

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Matt53

Improvement pics as promised.

9/30/09

10/6/09

Excuse the bathroom pics, but here are my numbers and improvements after 10 weeks

Bench press (1 rep max): 185 to 245
Deadlift (1 rep max): 435 to 510
Leg Press (1 rep max): 840 to 1020

Power Clean (1 rep max): 195 to 235
Military press (3 rep max): 100 to 125

Check this thread daily, good looks to all you guys
really? nice work.

biceps and forearms definitely grew a lot, looking more vascular too. chest looks more muscular too.
nice work

What does everyone like to listen to while they workout? I like rap and rock, but for working out, I've found that Metal seems to help me push it more.It's just so agressive, it makes you want to whoop %%%, but you can't so you just beat yourself up. I usually listen to American Head Charge. Theirsinger's got a killer scream.

Anybody else use Kirkland Organic Natural Peanut Butter from Costco?

Lately I've been exercising inside, so I've been turning the tv on to the Rap channel and listening to it while I workout. If the music starts fallingoff, I change it to the Hip-Hop and R&B channel.

Originally Posted by oOickusOo

What does everyone like to listen to while they workout? I like rap and rock, but for working out, I've found that Metal seems to help me push it more. It's just so agressive, it makes you want to whoop %%%, but you can't so you just beat yourself up. I usually listen to American Head Charge. Their singer's got a killer scream.

I listen to weird stuff when I work out. LIke stuff that people would give me a real funny look if they heard my music.

The hardcore stuff does nothing for me.

Originally Posted by oOickusOo

What does everyone like to listen to while they workout? I like rap and rock, but for working out, I've found that Metal seems to help me push it more. It's just so agressive, it makes you want to whoop %%%, but you can't so you just beat yourself up. I usually listen to American Head Charge. Their singer's got a killer scream.

Current Workout Playlist:

Motorhead - The Game (Triple H theme)
John Cena - The Time Is Now
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns (CM Punk Theme) (yes wrestlinghead)
Kanye - Stronger
Jay-z - Girls Girls Girls (MTV Unplugged version)
Jay-z - Hate
Jay-z - Izzo
Jay-z - Heart of the City (my personal anthem)
Jay-z - Money, Cash, $@%%
F.L.Y. - Swag Surfin'
Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
Famlay - that freestyle from the Clipse's Lord Willin' album
TI - Motivation
Pharrell, Kanye, Lupe, Pusha T - Everyone Nose (remix)

And this is just for lifting. I have a separate playlist for running.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Kanye - Stronger
Jay-z - Hate
Jay-z - Izzo
F.L.Y. - Swag Surfin'
TI - Motivation

That's my ringtone.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Kanye - Stronger
Jay-z - Hate
Jay-z - Izzo
F.L.Y. - Swag Surfin'
TI - Motivation

That's my ringtone.
laugh.gif

Swag surfin be my %#$! at parties though...

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Anybody else use Kirkland Organic Natural Peanut Butter from Costco?

Lately I've been exercising inside, so I've been turning the tv on to the Rap channel and listening to it while I workout. If the music starts falling off, I change it to the Hip-Hop and R&B channel.
That is what I use it taste a lot better I think than any other peanut butter, that and a multi grain bread they sell over there I forget the nameis my snack in between meals.

Kirkland makes natural peanut butter now too?! I'm on that, I'm gonna bulk like hell this winter (clean). It's gonna be so much easier justleeching off my parents for food.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by verynecessary

^ not a knock or anything, but sprinting should be more of a glute dominant activity rather than quad dominant. the first few strides might utilize more quads, but after that it should be glutes providing most of the force. of course, it could be residual tighness/soreness from a previous leg workout
As a state level sprinter in HS and college, I kinda have to disagree with that. The quads play a major role in a sprint, almost 90% when taking off from blocks or something of that nature. Even in the upright phase of the sprint, the quads play a major role in the stride. Even at my college conditioning level, which was very high, my quads would be more sore than my glutes after hard sprint sessions. Maybe my experience was just different but even coaches stressed the importance of strong quads
no doubt, quads are vital to sprints, but i think glutes are more so. hear me out. out of the blocks, right up to the point where you'refully upright, the emphasis is placed on the quads, so if you have weak quads, your block starts and initial acceleration will suffer. even standing(non-block) starts will take a hit too. so far we're agreed, yes?

once in the upright sprint position, the strongest muscle groups should take over, in this case the posterior chain muscles of the glutes and somewhat lesser,the hamstrings. the quads don't provide too much forward propulsion from a biomechanical perspective, since the range of motion they would be mosteffective to push from is very small compared to the glutes and hamstrings, which can exert a forward force for almost their full range of motion. soyou've got two things going for the glutes/posterior chain: the greatest force potential and far greater range of motion to exert that force. i'm notsaying the quads are doing nothing at this point, but it also depends on your running position (lean) and whether you're naturally quad dominant or not.
Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Dammit, I swear if I see one more pair of those damn feet-spandex at my gym, I'm gonna start dropping 45lb plates on peoples toes. Seriously an overexaggeration of the idea of doing floor-based exercises barefoot. Really no need, and if you want to feel closer to the ground and more stable when squatting, deadlifting, etc... just wear some chucks. I guess wear whatever you want, but most of the guys I see at the gym wearing these are never going anywhere near the squat rack, they're doing cardio and abs and using nautilus machines wearing those things...
u salty panarican?
laugh.gif
in my defense, i stay the hell awayfrom cardio machines for the most part, and spend a lot of time in the squat rack. there's the added benefit of them allowing your toes are spread outmore naturally, for an added sense of stabily. whether or not that helps or it's just a psychological thing, whatever, but i've read that a lot ofpeople feel their toes "claw" the ground when they lift with them on.

i know this is NT and all, so would you hate them less if they had brighter colorways?

Spoiler [+]
fivefingers_flow_grey_camo.jpg
883ccd84-000f-42e5-af08-983af1ad24b7.jpg
mens_vibram_five_finger_bikila_grey.jpg

roll.gif

i wear the gorilla black ones

Kirkland makes natural peanut butter now too?! I'm on that, I'm gonna bulk like hell this winter (clean). It's gonna be so much easier just leeching off my parents for food.

laugh.gif
Yeah. I was surprised when I saw it too. It's organic natural peanut butter. I didn't expect that from them It's $7 for a 2-pack of 28 oz.jars

I think I am a quad-dominant runner.. not too sure though - I have my back arched and upright and $#%*. Not a serious runner so not too fussed.

Kanye - Stronger
Jay-z - Hate
Jay-z - Izzo
F.L.Y. - Swag Surfin'
TI - Motivation

That's my ringtone.
laugh.gif

Swag surfin be my %#$! at parties though...
laugh.gif
might as well put in Batistas theme and Hardy Boyz
tongue.gif

What do you guys recommend for building muscle mass?

Is cretine(sp?) good for your body?

sup hos

creatine is fine, cheap no sides and effective

take it

Agreed. Its useless if youre using high reps though.
really why?

if anyones doing high reps maybe look into beta alanine

At a certain point, creatine phosphate is no longer used as the primary source for energy production. Its still being used, but not to the degree it was sohigh reps and creatine isnt the best combination.

Not saying its ineffective, its just not as effective as it can be,

Back
Top Bottom