STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Chest yesterday. Swallowed my pride, deloaded a bit, and worked on increasing time under tension with a strict 5x5. Felt like it was more effective too. Followed it up with 2 butterflied chicken breasts sauteed in olive oil and onions, with green beans and cous cous.

Today was my legs day as well. Walking back upstairs from the basement was no fun at all.

Are there any workouts to help with pullups? I used to be able to knock out 10+ until I started gaining more weight, now I can only do 1 or 2 depending on the day.

Lost the Pudge from eating too many carbs, now to start timing my abs and obliques. Gotta figure out why I'm not getting as strong as i feel I should be now
Why is everyone now days so anti-carbs? lol You lost the pudge from dropping your calories not just from cutting back on carbs. 

Getting strong is all about progressive overloading and know how to do so, aka programming. 
My fat is over by 30 in myfitnesspal almost everyday. Should i be worried? Im cutting
Thats 270 calories that you could be getting elsewhere. Its different with everyone but, I personally would just make sure your keeping your protein high and hitting your calories.  You can play with the fats and carbs to see what you body responds to better.

Getting kind of addicted to Jamba Juice now :lol:

A sub 200 cal drink is manageable for an afternoon treat I suppose.

Lost the Pudge from eating too many carbs, now to start timing my abs and obliques. Gotta figure out why I'm not getting as strong as i feel I should be now

Why is everyone now days so anti-carbs? lol You lost the pudge from dropping your calories not just from cutting back on carbs. 

Getting strong is all about progressive overloading and know how to do so, aka programming. 

My fat is over by 30 in myfitnesspal almost everyday. Should i be worried? Im cutting
Thats 270 calories that you could be getting elsewhere. Its different with everyone but, I personally would just make sure your keeping your protein high and hitting your calories.  You can play with the fats and carbs to see what you body responds to better.

I'm not Anti-carbs, I just needed to cut back because I want burning enough energy per the amount I took in. I wasn't working out but eating grits and bread like it was going out of style. :lol:

Today was my legs day as well. Walking back upstairs from the basement was no fun at all.

Are there any workouts to help with pullups? I used to be able to knock out 10+ until I started gaining more weight, now I can only do 1 or 2 depending on the day.
You can do pullups from the top position and slowly lower yourself to the bottom position. Rinse and repeat.

Lat pulldowns, bentover rows...etc.

But to be honest with you, the only way to build up your pullups is just to do pullups. Even if you can only do 1-2 at a time, do 10 sets of that (or until failure).

I'm not Anti-carbs, I just needed to cut back because I want burning enough energy per the amount I took in. I wasn't working out but eating grits and bread like it was going out of style.
laugh.gif
I hear you, I can smash some bread.

I need all of you w IG to go on my page ASAP adj check the last pic crossfit v bodybuilding NTers bringing the lulz

@internationalchestday
I don't know how to work instant gram can you post it here?

People cut carbs because generally they're in a caloric excess due to carbs.

cooked my chest yesterday even with this elbow tendonitis. its definitely annoying.

actually feel some chest soreness today though. havent had that in months. feels lovely.

doing back today.

damn man. good luck with that. low weight high rep wrist curls helped me quite a bit. have not had any bad tennis elbow pain for over a year.

Today was leg day
Front squats (205,215,225)x8
Barbell step ups (145lbs 10 each leg)x3
Single leg hamstring curls (180lbs)x3
Seated Hamstring curls (150lbs) with standing calf raises (180lbs)superset x3
Hack squat (130lbs)x3 1st time doing it.

Abs (hanging over the head leg raises)

After this workout my legs didn't feel like jello like how other say after leg day.

Why is that? Do I need more sets, reps or volume.

You just need to be in a caloric deficit at the end of the day. You can be over 30 on your fats as long as your significantly under in carbs/Protein.

Did TRX for the first time today. I'm a believer now. Getting certified to teach that in a few weeks. And will be incorporating some of those moves into my stuff (considering our gym just has the straps lying around). Anyone else try it? Good for a few specific things, but not a replacement to most of course.

Has anyone used the Arnold MusclePharm products? Thinking of trying one or 2 in my next Supp order

Back
Top Bottom